Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:23
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 36 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
OldSchoolOG

Are cheaters allowed in the community now?

Posted (edited)

I think what that rule entails is more on the lines of proper aimboting, or ESP. 

Edited by SeversonRP

To be fair, this crosshair thingy is not uncommon. My gaming monitor for example allows me to create a crosshair in the middle of the screen, and that is completely undetectable since it's an overlay on my screen and won't show in any recordings. So while I do believe it is gaining unfair advantage over others, some of the implementations are completely undetectable and actually supported by major manufacturers. So IMO it's not as bad as actual cheating where you dupe, run ESP or teleport around. Definitely not just a caution offense though.

The accused has been permabanned for a range of various offenses combined, including this crosshair incident, so I think all is good now.

In this report we decided that the OP had been of good faith because he went ahead and reported a rulebreak and provided video evidence despite the fact that his crosshairs could be seen, and he did not deny nor try to hide that fact. Seeing as he made no use of the "cheat" in the video he provided and that he claimed he had simply forgotten to disable them, we were inclined to believe him and decided to burn up his final warning caution and offered a firm reminder in his report warning. Cheaters are of course not allowed in the community nor will they ever, but, if circumstances allow like we feel they did then, we might choose to give them a second chance.

If this answer is not satisfactory, feel free to send me a DM so we can discuss this further.