Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1, Stary side gate of Kab

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-03-20 around 1:40

Your in game name: Fernando Salamanca

Names of allies involved: n/a

Name of suspect/s: some rando in the kab compound

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): n/a

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

(video has a crosshair I left on from playing FiveM earlier)

Detailed description of the events: 

i come up to kab, talked to some people, got JFK'd by some guy who, I now know, is neither D7 nor Green Dragons

Edited by Impostor

Kill Logs:

01:39:27 | Player "Fernando Salamanca" killed by Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" with KA-M

Connection Logs:

00:48:29 | Player "Fernando Salamanca" is connected
-Dead-

01:06:35 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" is connected
01:59:46 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" has been disconnected
02:00:16 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" is connected
02:03:37 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" has been disconnected
02:06:57 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" is connected
02:16:53 | Player "Jacoby Kingsbury" has been disconnected

Calling in:

@Impostor - Fernando Salamanca | POSTED

@TheMcCafeMenu - Jacoby Kingsbury

For their full, detailed POV. Along with any other evidence that they may have. Please also list all of your allies that were involved.

(I recorded the entire thing from another angle, The recording is 2 hours if you need the entire incident)

(It was some shitty FLV file, so I had to double record)

Logs have been updated

Calling in @TheMcCafeMenu for their full, detailed POV. Along with any evidence that they have of the situation.

My character is a new member of D7, and was recruited just before I killed "Mr. Tony", I received the order to go and kill this man who I was told by Awimba Mucho that he initiated on him and D7 not long before he approached the gates. I completed the order and killed him.  IC and OOC he told me this (not the initiation ooc in ic), so I aimed my AKM at him and killed him. Maybe ask @OxeNfor his POV?

31 minutes ago, TheMcCafeMenu said:

My character is a new member of D7, and was recruited just before I killed "Mr. Tony", I received the order to go and kill this man who I was told by Awimba Mucho that he initiated on him and D7 not long before he approached the gates. I completed the order and killed him.  IC and OOC he told me this (not the initiation ooc in ic), so I aimed my AKM at him and killed him. Maybe ask @OxeNfor his POV?

I hadnt initiated on anyone, or been initiated on. Someone is quite mistaken

Verdict:

@TheMcCafeMenu - Invalid Kill - Roleplayed | Guilty

@Impostor - Cheating - Third-Party Software (Crosshair) | Guilty

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation. @Impostor heads to Kab and is greeted by people on the other side of the wall. They have a small conversation while some others in the back are yelling that there is a fight taking place. They suggest it might be best for him to leave because of the fight. Then while talking some more he is shot and killed by @TheMcCafeMenu from the other side of the wall. 

Moving onto the rulebreaks in question here. The first one being Invalid Kill - Roleplayed. @TheMcCafeMenu your kill is found to be invalid because you didn't initiate on @Impostor. You claim that he was initiated on by D7 and even if he was you wouldn't gain Kill Rights. You are not in the GroupCP or on the Roster on the Group Thread. Making it so you wouldn't share Kill Rights with D7. Next we will talk about the crosshair that is seen in @Impostor video. The game itself has a crosshair built into the game but we have it disabled on the server for a reason. So, when you have a third-party software that give you a crosshair that can be considered cheating and giving an unfair advantage over other players. 

The rules that support these rulebreaks are:

• 2.1 Cheating on any servers in DayZ results in an instant and permanent ban. Cheating in other competitive multiplayer games marks you as a "known cheater" and will result in your account being blacklisted for 1 year.
  • 4.2 When your life is at risk or you are subjected to a hostile action by other players you are allowed to defend yourself. This is granted by two different "kill rights" that you can gain based on circumstances of the situation like which side caused the hostile situation and which side you are on.
    • If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.
    • If you are an attacker - the one who first did the initiation or started, caused or provoked the hostile situation - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  ATTACKER RIGHTS on the defenders. Attacker rights allow you to kill defenders for 1 hour or until your character dies. Attacker rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, attacker rights can not be shared and apply only for your character.

Before I close out I would like to make a few suggestions. In the future, if you aren't sure if you have Kill Rights or Defense Rights on a player it is best to just reinitiate on them. This will help prevent situations like this in the future. Next, if you are using third-party software that give you a better advantage against other players just stop using them now. This can be considered cheating and is subject to a permanent removal from the community.

Outcome:

@TheMcCafeMenu - Invalid Kill - Roleplayed | Guilty - 3 Day Ban & 10 Warning Points

@Impostor - Cheating - Third-Party Software (Crosshair) | Guilty - Caution

Signed By: @lukaszxe, @RandyRP, & @Pontiff