Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:20
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 39 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Viking

Amnesty Who?

1 minute ago, Jackfish said:

I still think that people who got banned because they did horrible things to other community members (spreading nudes etc) shouldn't be let back in. I know for a fact that some people left because people who did horrible things to them were allowed back in the community.

I totally agree with you. But one would have to be a special kind of moron to share nude pics of themselves anyways.

There is a line that once it is crossed you shouldn't be allowed back, its pretty simply 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Ansolari said:

Agreed, but you are lower then low if you leak them.

+ Its also a criminal offence.

Edited by Jackfish

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BrianM said:

IMO it does not bother me who gets allowed back into the community and how much they pay. If they can learn to follow the rules and not break any again, then it shouldn't be a problem.

That's a nice mentality to have until,

• Your Game master privileged account gets hacked by those people and they try to perma everyone with it,
  • They start DDoSing the server massively causing the community to go into shut down because of it,
  • They hold the community hostage for a month, Via DDoS,
  • They attack and hack into staff members facebook accounts to take pictures off of it and attack them with it,
  • They DOX multiple people in the community and black mail them.

and then they pay 50 bucks and all is forgiven. it shouldnt work that way. there are some extremely shitty people out there. And I haven't even seen it all thats only the stuff thats actually happened while i was a community member. there's a SHIT more of that type of bullshit in DayZRP's lifetime. so i agree fully with @Jackfish I don't want to see any of them again. its awkward enough running into them on random FiveM servers and such.

How i wish it could be as simple as just if they behave it'll be okay. but they never will. You cant stop a rabid dog from biting and attacking.

Edited by Ender

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ender said:

If someones paying a serious amount of dough to get let back into the community only to just get smacked with another ban, they're a fucking mong. Period. Only person they're playing is themselfs. If something like this did happen (Not saying it didn't because I remember it) a serious amount of dough would need to be paid, and then be refunded via the DayZRP shop. Also, if someone pays 50 notes just to get themselfs banned, they're pretty fucking sad I'm not going to lie. 

If someones serious about gettin' back in, they'll pay their dough and get back in.

Edited by Beni

I do, but don't agree with @Roland and @JimRP at the same time. I do agree with the fact that it is up to them to accept or deny an amnesty. Think of it as a business. If you get fired from a job for some shit and you eventually wanna come back. Then it should ultimately be up to the owner(s) or managers. What I don't agree on is the biased part. It shouldn't matter whether the owners like the individual or not. It should be based upon their performance. With people who constantly broke rules and got banned, that's iffy with me. It depends on if they've matured enough to care. But clearly more severe offenses, then no. 

I also think it should be a group decision with the owners and admin. 

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but I just wanted to put my two cents in. 

13 hours ago, Roland said:

That's difficult to answer. Think like this. Both me and Jim have equal "veto" on amnesties and appeals, meaning if one of us disagrees about amnesty, it cannot be done.

Now consider that Jim doesn't care about this "small" amnesty fee. So while I may be swayed that a person won't fuck up when they put down a double or even quadruple fee on the line, for Jim that doesn't matter, he will still veto if he wants to.

So the answer to the question is, others can pay more for amnesty, but paying more may work for one of us, but not both. And both is required for amnesty, so in the end the fee does not really matter if there is bias.

No, I don't think so. Anyone could technically do it and send a "bigger offer", you don't have to be friends with staff to submit an appeal. But it obviously helps if we know you. And if you don't meet requirements then I will most likely "veto" and deny.

It completely depends on bias and if they meet the requirements in our eyes.

I mean, it makes sense that depending on who you like gets let back in your community, but I'm still not wholly familiar on the process. If/When someone submits their monetary fee to try and get back on amnesty and are denied, will they be refunded or is their money kept? Secondly, I mean all it takes it to befriend Jim or you and someone can essentially get a," Unlimited Use: Get Out of Jail Free," card with enough persuasion. 

Also, can you /accept EvanM23's appeal please? I'm tired of hearing him complain all the time.

25 minutes ago, Hollows said:

I mean, it makes sense that depending on who you like gets let back in your community, but I'm still not wholly familiar on the process. If/When someone submits their monetary fee to try and get back on amnesty and are denied, will they be refunded or is their money kept? Secondly, I mean all it takes it to befriend Jim or you and someone can essentially get a," Unlimited Use: Get Out of Jail Free," card with enough persuasion. 

Also, can you /accept EvanM23's appeal please? I'm tired of hearing him complain all the time.

You apply for amnesty, then if accepted, you make the payment to get unbanned.  No payment is taken before your application is accepted. 

To be honest i think its good if it is biased, if @Roland or @JimRP doesnt like someone i believe its for a good reason. We dont want the trashy people back here.

In my opinion the whole amnesty deal should be removed. if you got banned, there is a reason behind it and you should remain banned.

28 minutes ago, Itsmez said:

In my opinion the whole amnesty deal should be removed. if you got banned, there is a reason behind it and you should remain banned.

Eh, people do change. Ive seen good folk come back and really do better, but I belive that anyone on Amnesty should have even stricter requirements and regulations if they get back in. Really make them fight to stay in. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Eh, people do change. Ive seen good folk come back and really do better, but I belive that anyone on Amnesty should have even stricter requirements and regulations if they get back in. Really make them fight to stay in. 

I mean, 29 points for 3 months (that is if you're very active both ig and on the forums) is making people fight to stay in. One angry word or the wrong song will get A line through your name

Edited by Mak

9 minutes ago, Mak said:

I mean, 29 points for 3 months (that is if you're very active both ig and on the forums) is making people fight to stay in. One angry word or the wrong song will get A line through your name

Yeah, this discussion on Amnesty seems strange. If they are doing good and not fucking up, then they stay. But if these guys havent changed then boot them out, id just say everyone diserves a chance.  

40 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Yeah, this discussion on Amnesty seems strange. If they are doing good and not fucking up, then they stay. But if these guys havent changed then boot them out, id just say everyone diserves a chance.  

Yes, everyone deserves a chance and they will get their chance when they sign up for the forums and after that they will get multiple chances because of the warning points system.

Posted (edited)

The amnesty system is an absolute joke and it's just staff favoritism. Nobody should be allowed back for half the things certain individuals have done but here they are. Yet some individuals are banned permanently for hurting the ego of someone.

It's a joke, in all honestly. Each case that the admins can't agree on should be made public so that the community can see the blatant bias.

Edited by -Chow-

Posted (edited)

The owners control this and if you don't like it to bad, they have the final say in everything it's as simple as that.

Edited by Eagle

At the end of the day, this is Rolle and Jim's server. It is there decision whom they let back in. 

I agree, some people learn from mistakes. Some don't. Some are brought back from amnesty for a rule break, others for worse. Some are great when on amnesty then they go back to their old ways thinking it's acceptable. 

It's just how the world works and unfortunately that is called life. It isn't all sunshine and happiness. You will be disappointed in some points in your life. You may not. At the end of the day, it is their rules.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:04 PM, BrianM said:

IMO it does not bother me who gets allowed back into the community and how much they pay. If they can learn to follow the rules and not break any again, then it shouldn't be a problem.

This is probably the best reply to this thread.

Facts, no salt, just straight facts.

the debate here isn't why let in these people back into the community

but rather why let them in for what they did at a higher price

then deny others for much more minor things.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, California said:

the debate here isn't why let in these people back into the community

but rather why let them in for what they did at a higher price

then deny others for much more minor things.

And deny them the same chance at the same price.

at the end of the day, it should be a majority vote among the Admins. If people who have done far worse things are given the chance to show they’ve ‘changed’ then so should others.

Edited by Mexi

5 hours ago, Itsmez said:

To be honest i think its good if it is biased, if @Roland or @JimRP doesnt like someone i believe its for a good reason. We dont want the trashy people back here.

No. 

People change. People mature, people realize where they fucked up, etc. calling someone trashy because they got banned is odd. 

I probably would have agreed with you before I got banned and let back because of amnesty 

we’re not all so bad or “trashy” 🙂 

amnesty should be a permanent staple to be honest and nothing will change my mind on that. 

14 minutes ago, Jasper said:

regulated amnesty should be a permanent staple to be honest and nothing will change my mind on that. 

ftfy my good man

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

ftfy my good man

Yes. But we both know the regulations we want would never be made unfortunately. 

Take what we can get. 

5 hours ago, Itsmez said:

Elitism is a pretty trashy trait itself...

You act like you've never fucked up, made a mistake or acted rude for whatever reason. You also act like they are the greatest of men everywhere, that for whatever reason they are infallible. They're just two dudes running a business, trying to make some money. 

Come up with your own opinion rather than putting blind trust in two random dudes you've never met.

And as far as the main post of this thread goes, I agree with it wholeheartedly. If you're going to set terms and requirements for something, then stick to them, otherwise it seems stupid to arbitrarily choose when and when not to follow the requirements you made. There are people who got banned for in game RP who aren't let back, but groups of people who crossed the line and harassed an ADMIN in the community are let back in. Even though the requirements for getting back into the community state that you must not have harassed anybody or been toxic.

I just think if you're going to even have a list of requirements, at least follow them. Otherwise, just say at the very beginning that it's completely up to owner discretion.

7 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Yes. But we both know the regulations we want would never be made unfortunately. 

Take what we can get. 

They were made and not followed though, it’s not asking for much, just keeping promises n shit 😞