Server time (UTC): 2019-07-20, 12:33
Sign in to follow this  
Dusty

Remove NBC clothing from item shop (When the radiation mod is released)

Remove NBC clothing from Item Shop  

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The title is pretty straightforward. Aeryes posted in the #sneak-peek channel in discord the following:

Spoiler

The Geiger meter that will be a part of the radiation mod that is almost ready. The meter will make a sound that will get stronger as you close in on the source of radiation

20190317192143_1.jpg

Contents of the radiation mod that's coming soon: - Customizable radiation zones using configs. - radiated barrels. - radiated zombies. - special loot spawns that are configurable. - NBC items protect against radiation. - custom disease if you get caught in a zone. - visual effects framework (useful for other projects too) - barrels are movable so players could radiate other areas during wars etc. - Geiger meter with sounds.

Beware of the radiated barrels.

20190318181048_1.jpg

In the list of what comes in the mod, he explains that the NBC clothing that is in game right now will protect you from the radiation. Currently, you can purchase NBC clothing on the Item Shop. I'm suggesting that once the radiation mod is in game, the NBC clothing should be removed from the item shop so that an unfair advantage isn't given to people who pay out for it, being that they could literally spawn it in right after the "weapon" is used aka placed near them and irradiating them.

Posted (edited)

if i get it replaced with something else, surel

Edited by Roland2

26 minutes ago, Roland2 said:

if i get it replaced with something else, surel

I'd say that's fair tbh

Or if possible, make it so that the suits spawned in from the item shop don't prevent radiation sickness. That way, you can keep your clothing but it won't give any unfair advantages

1 minute ago, strider said:

Or if possible, make it so that the suits spawned in from the item shop don't prevent radiation sickness. That way, you can keep your clothing but it won't give any unfair advantages

Good idea. Maybe change the name of the ones people can spawn in too so that they don't get confused.

Posted (edited)

Once it is added, it should be removed.

The disclaimer in the Item shop states:

NOTE: Items sold through Item Shop are purely cosmetic. All items listed are altered variants of the originals with reduced armor and storage capacity, to not give advantage to paying players.

+1 to this suggestion.

Edited by Mexi

Yep I agree completely. Refund the credit that way it's actually worth something IG. Not o k because of the protection value but also due to it being more rare. Gas masks too.

+ 1

Edit: There is no sense whatsoever in having a cosmetic and an actual one from an RP standpoint. I just don't get that, IMO it never should have been in the store in the first place.

Sounds good to me.

Posted (edited)

I'd keep gas masks, assuming just having gas mask isn't enough depending on the issue (radiation vs other biohazards). 

As for suits... 

Tbh, in my particular case I'd normally agree but it is a bit of a hassle to be part of factions that have ties to entities that could drop this shit in. So being able to spawn it IS convenience while not being too unrealistic where it may be for others. But since we already have to scavenge for our guns and other gear, why do I complain 😄

TL; DR: In favor, anyone should Not be able to spawn THAT in at will with no IC explanation. I might find other solutions for my case or just loot it as well. 

Alternatively give the items a cool down of like a week or so? 

Also, I do suggest to slightly increase inventory space of the jacket / pants? Please?

Edited by Combine

Well it needs to be removed otherwise its pay to win especially if it can be set up so the radiated areas are the hotzones or rare loot like the dark zone is for the division

Great minds think alike, I mentioned that fact to Aeryes earlier this morning. I enjoy the idea of tweaking the spawned version of the NBC Suit! Big ole +1 from me. 

@Eagle @ScarRP @G19RP @SeversonRP @Falk @BorisRP @Zanaan @Veryniceperson: Could any of you dudes explain your own perspective on this suggestion, and why you voted no?

Posted (edited)

Keep it. Pay to win right? *sarcasm*

Edited by Horse

5 minutes ago, Horse said:

Keep it. Pay to win right? 

Can you explain why you see pay to win as a positive thing? I’m not trying to shit talk you, I just want to see the opposite perspective.

Agreed 100%.
With the recent addition of the M65 and other military gear into the item shop and hi-cap clothing I do worry for the future of the item shop I love.
+1

38 minutes ago, Dusty said:

-snip-

Im in the "make the set in the shop just cosmetic" category.  We already remove done of the advantages of clothing spawned by the shop. Thus shouldn't be any different. 

I agree with removing it to stop people from getting an advantage.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, strider said:

problem with that could still be that other people pick it up (if the owner dropped the jacket) and then go into a radiation zone and start taking damage.

better to just remove or replace it I'd say

Edited by jason hunter

As long as they are only cosmetic and don't provide any protection. If it gives the player an unfair advantage than yank it out of the clothing store, or hell make the ones in the item shop have knock-off in it's name and the ones you find IG have authentic in the name.

At the end of the day for me I already spent the money on it and would like to get my use out of it.

Refund the people who paid for it or replace the itemshop version with a non-protective hazmat that is clearly distinguished by name ingame.

(It's easier to refund.)

Posted (edited)

You paid for an item that was cosmetic not our fault it's being forced changed in a new dev update.
You still have the cooldown on the mask so if someone died with it earlier sucks to suck you have to wait 6 hours.

Edited by Eagle

It's not certain that what is posted in sneak-peak will make it to live server.

However, if it does and we decide for to set it up so that NBC suit protects against radiation, the variant spawned from item shop will not offer that kind of protection.