Server time: 2019-03-25, 08:49 WE ARE RECRUITING
Ducky

The bane of the AWM Rifle.

Posted (edited)

So I've heard some rumors, and one official statement so far.

That Official statement came from Rolle, that he overall had reduced the spawn chance of some of the new rifles, and I in particular would like to talk about the AWM, not only about it's spawn chances but also the .338 Lapua round itself.

With that being stated, here is my question and the argument for possible tweaking.

1. Has the damage of the .338 round been nerfed?

From what I gather it was a 1-shot Knockout much like the .308 winchester, is this still the case or has the damage been nerfed?

If the answer is no, then great. If the answer is yes then I'd like to argue that, instead of nerfing the actual damage of the .338 round, instead restrict the AWM rifle to spawn at heli-crash sites as well as mag and ammo.

If it truly is too powerful, instead of making it less powerful and therefore useless, make it rarer and harder to obtain.

I would like to note, that the primary point of this question is to find out if it was actually nerfed or not, the suggestion part is simply in addition to it.

Edited by Ducky

Posted (edited)

The .338 was designed to kill over long range distances, and many rifles that use the cartridge hold the record of being the furthest kills with a sniper rifle.

I would rather not nerf it, and just make it much more rare, so I agree. Since I can't really find a realistic reason for the rifle to be in the country since most of it's users are western powers and I doubt they would bring a sniper rifle to a zombie apocalypse.

Edited by Finn

Yeah I wouldn’t mind making it more rare. We really need to make common weapons like sks’ and smg’s much more prevalent tho.

no nerf tho

21 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

Yeah I wouldn’t mind making it more rare. We really need to make common weapons like sks’ and smg’s much more prevalent tho.

no nerf tho

Nty players already make the effect.

The round itself can go through concrete and thus is usfull when people camp building's.

I would also agree with it being like the 50 cal from arma but then again I haven't seen a single heli crash.

I'd be in favour of keeping it in but making it a heli-crash spawn only, much like top-tier weapons used to be. Ammunition, magazine and attachments as well, so it'd take a long time and some investment to get a fully kitted rifle; the efforts quite justifying the perks.

It being rarer is much more preferable than it being nerfed into irrelevance. 

Big no to the nerf -1...

I also see no reason to really change any of the spawns...

I have been shot with the AWM in the chest and nothing happened to me. I wasn't knocked uncon or didn't lose any health. My plate carrier was damaged afterwards nothing else.

We haven't changed any gun properties from MoreGuns, just their spawn rates.

So like as in more m4s and aks? Or just everything is balanced equally? 

tbh loot table should look like this

AK - 65%

civilian rifles/shotguns - 25%

awm - 2%

every other NATO gun -6%

but the issue we have with the AWM, and many other guns do not lay in the weapon damage or penetration, but rather the broken mechanic that is armor. The sole reason arma 3 is shit, as is dayz SA. armor makes a human being literally take half a magazine before they die, rather than the realistic and preferred 3-4 shots(IF THAT!).

+1 to making them more rare

+100 for removing armor variables from everything