Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 05:46
Sign in to follow this  
rokvam

Infected harder to kill?

I have had a few encounters with infected lately, needing an awful lot of bullets to put down. 

Has there been a change in their ability to with stand bullits? 

Is there a known issue with the "hit box" of the infected? I have had a few needing an excess of hits with the ax also... 

The DayZ developers buffed the infected, it's not a bug or anything. I suggest using a knife to melee zombies, and when using a gun, try to headshot them.

Posted (edited)

Try not to kill infected silently with melee weapons near other infected, because you'll most likely attract more.

Crouching and sneaking at the moment is pretty easy but is very tedious.

Try not to shoot, because at the current point shooting in a populated town with attract upwards to 15 infected on you. 2 infected are hard enough to kill with melee.

Edited by Finn

As has been said, the infected have received a buff. It's harder to kill them now with infected, and furthermore, any more than 2 can easily kill you if you aren't careful. I would suggest sneaking, and being extra cautious, as they seem to be a lot easier to aggro. 

34 minutes ago, Onyx said:

As has been said, the infected have received a buff. It's harder to kill them now with infected, and furthermore, any more than 2 can easily kill you if you aren't careful. I would suggest sneaking, and being extra cautious, as they seem to be a lot easier to aggro. 

I understand... but how does that explain having to hit an infected 15 times with my axe in one situation, and then only needing two hits in the next encounter...

I like the fact that the Infected are tougher oponents, don't get me wrong. I also like the detail of silencers making more noise, and that using silencers dont protect you from attracting near by walkers when using the gun, but it feels random right now... 

Then again, I might be imagening things...

IIRC, bullet damage was changed as well. It does more shock, less actual damage. This helps people to go unconcious instead of dying.

It also makes bullets less effective on infected.

7 minutes ago, rokvam said:

I understand... but how does that explain having to hit an infected 15 times with my axe in one situation, and then only needing two hits in the next encounter...

I like the fact that the Infected are tougher oponents, don't get me wrong. I also like the detail of silencers making more noise, and that using silencers dont protect you from attracting near by walkers when using the gun, but it feels random right now... 

Then again, I might be imagening things...

Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Infected are really fucked right now it seems in terms of damage. I haven't done much testing, but I do agree that it does feel particularly random as to how many hits an infected will take, even if I aim for the head. If anybody is a little more educated on the new damage towards infected, feel free to correct me!

Just now, Onyx said:

Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Infected are really fucked right now it seems in terms of damage. I haven't done much testing, but I do agree that it does feel particularly random as to how many hits an infected will take, even if I aim for the head. If anybody is a little more educated on the new damage towards infected, feel free to correct me!

It's completely random. A kitchen knife can do anywhere from two hits to twelve. A battleaxe can two tap to eight tap them. An M4 or M16 can take up to three shots sometimes. It's a little annoying. 

19 minutes ago, Rover said:

IIRC, bullet damage was changed as well. It does more shock, less actual damage. This helps people to go unconcious instead of dying.

It also makes bullets less effective on infected.

I see... Well, this is actually not to illogical, exept with regards to head shots that is.

It actually makes sense that hits to the torso or legs has more of a shock dammage to it, than kill dammange, both on players and infected.
(Infected maybe more so as they would be more likely to ignore the  pain of a bullet hit). But it still feels random as Onyx also has noted. 

I don't mind this beeing adjusted, but it should be consistant... It sure don't feel consistant right now...

Pretty sure leg shots will make them crawl. Depending on your gun, depends on the body shot. Head shots always count. 

The infected right now seem a bit iffy in my opinion. Normally they give up or tire out easily, this isn't the case anymore. Try standing on a hay bale or something tale enough where they can't climb onto to have the ability to shoot them. Another tip is, if one is aggro'd and another is close, that will also assist in trying to kill you. Everything is always a try and improve method, sorry that you don't enjoy this experience 😕 

26 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Pretty sure leg shots will make them crawl. Depending on your gun, depends on the body shot. Head shots always count. 

The infected right now seem a bit iffy in my opinion. Normally they give up or tire out easily, this isn't the case anymore. Try standing on a hay bale or something tale enough where they can't climb onto to have the ability to shoot them. Another tip is, if one is aggro'd and another is close, that will also assist in trying to kill you. Everything is always a try and improve method, sorry that you don't enjoy this experience 😕 

Well that's not what I have experienced so far... I have had several headshots with no kill, some even up pretty close.
Due to my "panic" upon realizing my headshots was a bust, I have to admit, aiming for the legs was not a priority, so I haven't tried that yet, but I can say for sure It is random, also when it comes to headshots...

I really enjoy the infected becoming a real factor... I have always felt they were a bit easy to kill, especially with silenced weapons.

As I have some real life experience with silenced weapons, I can tell you, the one thing they are not, is silent... they are a bit surpressed, but they still make noise. So using a weapon with supressor would be heard by near by infected IRL.

What I don't like is the totally random number of hits needed to off them. I have had to use as many as 14 hits with the axe on one and then just two on another... It really feels like there is something off on the hit registry on the Infected. Some variation sure, but 14 chops to the head? 

I hope further tweaking is in the works...