Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Kirby-KP

False Report ban Appeal

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict was not fair because, ,it was not a false report. I believed that there was a rule broken and that It should have reported During the hostage situation, it was stated multiple times that they were interested in our gear. As the rules state, "As an attacker you may NOT: Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play" While the situation was not fast, most of it was focused around another captive by the name of "Goggles" who had killed a member of the Green Dragons previously. After dealing with that hostage,we got ordered to go and get more even gear. This same rule states that as an attacker you may not "Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times." Because the extent of my RP in the situation was being demanded to give them gear, i felt that it was GearRP. As for the GM's comment regarding making a report out of pure anger thats just false. There have been multiple reports in the past that were ruled "Not Guilty" for the accused and the OP was not punished. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: This all took place in this report, NOTE there is another report going on about the same incident just different reasoning so i wont dive into that.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: ban appealed and points removed

What could you have done better?: Nothing as I reported what I believed to be a rule break and don't feel as i should be punished for that.

Edited by Kirby-KP
No point in starting fights anymore honestly

Hey there @Kirby-KP,

We've looked into your appeal and we've decided to deny it.

Robbing someone for their gear is not something that in and of itself constitutes as a rule break, as long as it is not done in a fashion where it would fall under 'BadRP', such as a 5-minute robbery with little to no roleplay. There's actually no such thing as 'GearRP', it's a term made up and used by the community to reference situation in which is a robbery is performed in a manner that falls under 'BadRP', such as the before mentioned '5-minute robbery'.

The situation that you were in was around 20 minutes, in which the 'Green Dragons' explained to you who they were, what they do, and what they wanted from you, as well as some questioning. The 'Green Dragons' are a group that wants to control all gun trade in Chernarus, so it would only make sense for them to take yours and request you to get them more.

In the report itself, your POV seemed to be focused around how much 'gear' you lost, and how they requested you to get more 'gear'. To us, it seems like you created the report because you were upset that you lost your stuff. There also seems to be some OOC dislike towards the 'Green Dragons', which can be seen in your group member's response here, although that is not something that we can hold against you, as you were not the one that said it. Regardless, you threw aside a 20-minute roleplaying situation and completely disregarded it because they took you supplies, which to us seems like a 'False Report'.

Appeal Denied | Points & Ban Stay

Signed | @Banshee, @RandyRP & @Pontiff