Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:33

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Calloway

A hello and a few questions

Guest Calloway   
Guest Calloway

Hello I haven't played much arma 2 however after a user from a role play community in which I am a ST in mentioned dayz and the wide range of things you could do in game. I thought it would be a excellent environment to open up another role play community however I was delighted to see someone had already put in the effort to build such a community and by tomorrow I hope to submit a application acceptable for play.

However I had a few questions and despite my best efforts I seem not to be able to find the answers on the site so I thought I would include them in my introduction.

Setting- Are we to make characters who are Russian? After reading a few things about the game it seems that this role play takes place on Russian soil. I might be over complicating things in asking this but I was made aware I may be asked to submit a bio as a part of my application.

Events- Are there moderated events and story lines being pushed through the game by admins?

Exception to white list application time- I have a three year old son and a full time job. I know some of you know who have similar lives how hectic and how situations arise at random. Not that I plan on missing the deadline however if the worst were to occur was curios what would happen besides the obvious and dreaded wait till the next deadline.

That's it for questions and I look forward to playing with you all.

Also I couldn't find the forum rules so I hope I am not violating any by posting this but please do feel free to join these rps I am a story teller in.

http://www.mizahar.com/- Forum based RP

A Vampire the Masquerade IRC/Forum role play however I prefer to give this link to those that ask instead of out in the open. IRC chat security isn't what it use to be.

Until we speak again.

I'll be watching and waiting for you. . .

4jtijq.gif

Guest Calloway   
Guest Calloway

23 views and not a single question answered rather embarrassing on my part, hopefully didn't make my post to long that no one will put in the effort to read. Well this sucks and not in the good way.

2z6fds3.jpg

Wren    0

I'll attempt to answer some of the questions for you.

1. Of course you can make Russian characters! There are quite a few people who roleplay as Russians, and some clans based around them as well.

2. There are Admin events and events hosted by normal players. The last Admin event I heard about was when they invaded the old trading post with hordes of zombies. Although I wasn't with the community when they did it, it sure looked like fun.

3. You would have to talk to the staff about that. I assume you'd just have to wait until the next time the whitelist is open, though.

I hope this helps you out a bit, and I hope to see you join us soon. :)

Guest Calloway   
Guest Calloway

I'll attempt to answer some of the questions for you.

1. Of course you can make Russian characters! There are quite a few people who roleplay as Russians, and some clans based around them as well.

Well the reason I ask this as the setting of the map is Russia would it be required that I explain how my character if from another country arrived. Language barriers as well or other such things?

Might be over complicating this I feel.

Jds    0

1. No your character doesn't have to be Russian, it can be from any country as long as you explain how you got here.

2. I've not been playing on this server long enough to answer this, however there is an event forum so I assume events/story are a regular thing.

3. Can't really answer that, only a staff member can. But whitelist opening is usually announced a few days before it opens, so should give you plenty of time to make sure you can get in an app.

Ego    1

you can make your character however you want, can be Russian, can be English, American whatever! Completely up to you.

The last major event hosted by admins was a wave defensive kind of scenario defending a castle from waves of zombies, I heard it was pretty damn awesome.

I doubt the admins will make an exception, there has been a massive amount of applications and it takes them forever to work through

Setting- Are we to make characters who are Russian? After reading a few things about the game it seems that this role play takes place on Russian soil. I might be over complicating things in asking this but I was made aware I may be asked to submit a bio as a part of my application.

Chernarus is a joke on Belarus, which means White Russia. Chernarus means Black Russia. But the landscape is based mostly on the Czech Republic. We have people that roleplay native Chernarussians (without a particular language), we have people that roleplay Russians, but we have people that roleplay characters from all over the world. There aren't really any limits, as long as you use the proper format (and don't forget the common sense rule).

If you are roleplaying a Russian, you don't have to use an accent. You don't actually have to be a Russian to roleplay one. You can be 20 and Spanish and pretend to be a 50-year-old American. Most people choose to roleplay a character similar to their own, though.

Events- Are there moderated events and story lines being pushed through the game by admins?

Yes and no. There are events made by the community (sometimes with the help of the staff, for spawning zombies for example). These can be found here. We also have unannounced events like this one. But we don't really "push" story lines. We try not to force any particular kind of roleplay.

Exception to white list application time- I have a three year old son and a full time job. I know some of you know who have similar lives how hectic and how situations arise at random. Not that I plan on missing the deadline however if the worst were to occur was curios what would happen besides the obvious and dreaded wait till the next deadline.

If we were to make exceptions, everyone would ask for one. I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait. ;) Whitelist openings are announced in advance in the whitelist schedule, so keep an eye on that.

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions, you can always PM me or another staff member. Welcome to DayZRP!