Server time (UTC): 2019-10-15, 14:57
Sign in to follow this  
haydenthehab84

KoS Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment:  Attached Above 

Why the verdict is not fair: I feel as though a final warning as well as a 7 day ban seems unjust, because as the kill log that was provided in the thread shows, my friend @jax72 were shot at  first, so we responded by firing back in order to protect ourselves. It was an act of self defense, and we had no intention to kill the victim, as we had hoped we would instead be able to kidnap them as revenge for being murdered by their group earlier. While I am aware that my punishment was not just for the alleged KoS, but griefing as well, I feel as though the punishment does not suit the crime, as it was my first offence, and first hand evidence (the kill log), clearly shows that a KoS was not present. As far as griefing goes, I take full responisibilty for this as I had mentioned before. I was ignorant to the fact that I was breaking such a rule, and I now will be more careful in the future so that something like this does not happen in the future. With that in mind, I still feel as though the punishment is far too severe, especially since so much of the evidence is based on the account of one group over our own. While I feel that a punishment of 15 warning points would be fair, as this would not only deter me from committing such an act in the future but understand the severity of it as well, I feel as though a final warning and 7 day ban are far too severe. With this in mind, I please ask to have my final warning removed, as well as my temporary ban seeing as I have already served 3 days of it. I just want to get back to playing the game I love, and I while I understand that I made a mistake, I feel as though I have learned what I needed to in order for something like this not to happen again. 

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I just want to really clarify the fact that I am particularily confused as to why I was found guilty of KoS, when @RandyRP provided a kill log clearly showing that my friend and I were shot at first. We had no intention to shoot Thomas Ofee, but rather take him captive at worst. I just don't see how it can be KoS when I am not even the one who initiated the fight.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to have my final warning reduced to only 15 warning points, as well as have my temporary ban lifted. As mentioned above, I feel as though the final warning is an extremely harsh penalty for a first time offence. Everyone makes mistakes and I am not claiming to be perfect, but it's hard to learn from my mistakes when I barely get a second chance. In the end, I really just want to get back to playing on this awesome server, so I ask that my temporary ban please be lifted, as I have already served 3 days of it, which I honestly believe is already a fair enough punishment for the rule that I broke. 

What could you have done better?: I could have not been so ignorant towards the rules of griefing, as in the moment I honestly was unaware of the fact that I was breaking a rule. The brightside of this situation, is that I am now more educated on the rules of griefing, and therefore will be sure to do anything remotely close to it in the future. I also feel as though I let my emotions get the best of me. While nobody likes being killed in cold blood (like my friend and I were by Thomas Ofee and his group), retaliating often leads to even more trouble as opposed to relief, and if we had just carried on minding our own business like our group always has, then I would have never been in this situation. 

With this in mind, I thank you for reading and hearing my request. I do think that the punishment bestowed upon me was overly harsh for a first time offence, and I say that with the upmost respect towards everyone in charge of this community and server. All I ask is for my case to be looked over again, and my request heard with an objective mindset. Thank you so much for your time, and I do mean that despite frustration possibly coming through some of my words!

Dallas Price 

@haydenthehab84

Hey there,

The punishment that you received in the report was a punishment for 'Griefing' and not one for 'Invalid Kill - On Sight', as the closing note and verdict stated; "both of you will be getting an aggravated punishment for CL & griefing". You never received punishment for KOS, only for 'Griefing' and 'Combat log'.

Would you still like to keep this appeal open and instead appeal the 'Griefing' punishment of the report, or would you like it to be closed?

Thanks for getting back to me Banshee. With that in mind, I would still like to consider my request of reducing my punishment, even if it is just lifting my temporary ban, as I feel as though I have learned my lesson by now. Thank you so much!

Greetings @haydenthehab84, a separate team of staff have reviewed your appeal and come to a decision.

In the report you and your friend are seen maliciously dumping items from storage after a firefight with @Funiculus, despawning their gear. This is considered griefing on our server and is disallowed. Furthermore you then both proceed to log off before your 30 minute timer is up, thereby committing combat logging as well. Furthermore this was the second report for griefing in a short amount of time. You also were involved in not one, but two griefing reports in a very short amount of time. As such you were placed on final warning. Had both reports been verdicted normally you would have been permanently removed from the community as 2 15 point aggravated bans would have brought you to 30 points instantly. As such the staff team sees no reason to remove the final warning at this time, though you may appeal the final warning once 3 months from the ban has passed.

Appeal Denied. No actions taken.

Signed by @Zanaan with notes.