Server time: 2019-03-25, 08:52 WE ARE RECRUITING
Ducky

Removal of buried stashes

Buried Stashes  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My personal opinion is that hoarding loot is too easy and with those underground stashes it involves little to no risk of that loot being found by others. I believe we should get rid of all permanent loot containers that can be easily camouflaged or hidden, and just keep things like tents, barrels and boxes. Those are easily spottable and thus do not offer the same hoarding protection as stashes.

Just now, CamoRP said:

Well, they could just make it against the rules to stash weapons unless there's a RP purpose, but that would be difficult to moderate, and a rather extreme measure. Though I suppose if admins could fly around once a week, and delete stashes filled with dozens of guns in the woods.

I horde guns as I need a stockpile for my people and the group so we can survive and take other options from players as we will become stronger 

1 minute ago, Roland said:

My personal opinion is that hoarding loot is too easy and with those underground stashes it involves little to no risk of that loot being found by others. I believe we should get rid of all permanent loot containers that can be easily camouflaged or hidden, and just keep things like tents, barrels and boxes. Those are easily spottable and thus do not offer the same hoarding protection as stashes.

I'd feel more comfortable with just removing drybags and seachests from the "stash ability"... That way I can always use cooking pots, protector cases, and other smaller containers to store tools, medical supplies, handguns, ammo, etc.

2 minutes ago, Falk said:

I horde guns as I need a stockpile for my people and the group so we can survive and take other options from players as we will become stronger 

I would see that as a roleplay purpose, also could be used as a group goal.

Myself and a friend had been discussing this also. I'm not at all familiar with how any of the wipes work in dayz but would it be possible to wipe all buried stashes occasionally, say every week. People would lose what's in them meaning it cycled back into the loot table but they could still retrieve what they could carry

Posted (edited)

@Ducky

What if I told you I just got toldthere is a way to stop items that are in stashes counting towards the item cap? I.e. no matter how many are stored away somewhere, the spawn rates of the weapons would only be determined by how many are already on the ground + how many are in players inventories? 

Would that be a solution you'd be happy with?

Edited by The Traveler

Buried stashes will now stay for only 48 hours, after which they will despawn.

Just now, Roland said:

Goooooood shit 👌

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

He provides,

ty El Rolando. Is big happy

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

FeelsBadMan

18 minutes ago, Roland said:

That isn't necessarily going to stop it however. It just makes it a bit more tedious for people to work with. 

However it is a step in the right direction. And if the economy is still fucked in a weeks time or more perhaps we can look at further tweaking? 

20 minutes ago, Roland said:

Ay, result. Thanks Rolle 🙂 

Posted (edited)

Indeed a step in the right direction, but it may take more than a week or two to observe the economy impacts. Mainly because the base building seems to be having issues right now so it will be unusually hard to make stashes unless you tip over a barrel / chest. Once that's sorted though we will get to see the longer lasting impact. 

Edited by Edgeford

54 minutes ago, Roland said:

Actually, I don't mind this... Back when I had barrels in 0.62, I was checking up with them every 24 hours...

Look at you Roland! Thinking outside the box! I wish I had thought of that. Haha! 🤠

I voted to keep them, but after reading through everyone's comments, I would like them to be removed as it does make hoarding guns and supplies so easy and it will just be the same as before the wipe with nothing spawning. Use barrel's and tents. Give people a chance to find stuff, it will make everything easier and we won't need another wipe so soon.

Posted (edited)

Great idea

Edited by Batok

So think it would be best for stashes and also crates to be removed.

recently there seems to be more loot around and guns which is great like 0.62 dayzrp and only tents,sea chests and Barrels for storage.

means there’s a limit to how many weapons can be stocked.

More balanced 

On 3/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, Roland said:

This man speaks the truth and nothing but the truth !!

Personally I see this as a problem... and not a problem.
There should be a set timer for them to de-spawn. 

So currently my personal opinion is like... Yes they should be removed OR they should have a set time till they despawn

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2019 at 9:55 AM, AlanM said:

I can agree with this. It completely fucked the weapon economy when everyone had them stashed, but now with the new weapons added with the MoreGuns mod I feel like there shouldn't be a problem getting weapons anymore. Overall I think stashes should stay because of the new weapons that have been added.

I agree with @AlanM, with more modification.

Let's lower the rate of spawn for sea chests and dry bags that way if you are going to store something you can only find maybe one or two dry bags/sea chests per every 3 or 4 towns. (or however the rate is modded.) However, with this a wipe may be necessary to rid all of the current stashes.

I'm in hopes (whichever way it turns out) that it is for the better in this community because everybody wants a gun, a good gun.

Edited by Dodge

I have never done this, but am saying no. If people want to bury weapons they've gotten, I think that is ok. However, I do understand hoarding can be a problem. Could the image of the buried container on the ground be made larger to make it more obvious?

How about making them disappear sooner? Current stashes stay for up to 45 days. Make that like 10 days or something.

If bases actually meant something and it could be like it was in Arma no one would complain.

4 hours ago, Eagle said:

If bases actually meant something and it could be like it was in Arma no one would complain.

Yeah, frankly, I would like if bases were indestructible unless someone crafted some sort of explosive, or used a pickaxe/sledgehammer for a long time or something, lol.

yes 

Ruins the loot system