Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Major

The Nikitin Prodejna Event Series - Trade Post

This thread is probably gonna double in size over the coming week or so, this is really just to get it out there. 

Also folks! Keep it mind this is basically the after party to larger events we will be having on Saturdays, that way if you can't make one you can come to the other. 

That music seems very familiar to a certain character my lore friend. 🧐

All seriousness though this looks freaking amazing. I don't know why I'm getting a STALKER Vibe from this but I love it. Looking very forward to this Comrade 👍

Finally... A step away from militiarism and a step towards a post-apocalyptic  feel on the server...

7 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

Finally... A step away from militiarism and a step towards a post-apocalyptic  feel on the server...

Aye. Feels good.

This looks great @Major! I am so excited about this. The reputation system and the different groups and everything sound really awesome. I really love this.

The reputation system is a great idea! Can't wait for this!

Posted (edited)

This looks awesome @Major great job! I know what Ima be doing on sundays...

Edited by Jared

It's finally out!!! Good work Major & Phatal!

Looks awasome great work

After reading the initial paragraph I was starting to wonder why I was reading about a century’s old explorer but after reading the whole thing I’m very happy I did.

the idea is great and is a pleasant mix between old ideas like The Trade Post ( with its trade post faction ) and the current set of mini events we have going now. It allows for a gathering of people around a planned timeframe that players can prepare for and around. This itself harkens back to the days of the mod with RSM hosting The Ravens Nest every Friday evening with entertainment and trade. 

This also will be a good way for staff to enrich the world by bringing details of the outside world to players, opening the doors to a number of stories and new factions to arise. Along with this quests that are given by said factions will go a long way to give aimless players something to do. This could bring about the formation of new groups in its own right, something that could bring solo players together akin to the whole STALKER idea where unaffiliated members of The Zone are considered STALKERS.

this is a great idea and I hope we can tie it further in with edits to the loot table, making food more scarce unless hunted for or traded for, with canned food slowly becoming rarer.

Thank you @Major, Very Cool

looks amazing man

7 hours ago, Major said:

47a5cdf8e0.png

c2ffa6a906.png

150a91c997.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

63ac329617.png

“Afanasy Nikitin was a Russian merchant from Tver and the first European who traveled to India between 1466 and 1475 and left a journal of his notes known as The Journey beyond the Three Seas. His notes were found by N.M. Karamzin, an outstanding Russian historian of the beginning of the 19th century.”

ca46742bfe.jpg

Portrait of Merchant Afanasy Nikitin

“Afanasy Nikitin lived in the 15th century; however, the precise dates of his birth and death are unknown. On the grounds of the data containing in the journal and a short note which was usually placed in chronicles before Afanasy Nikitin`s writings experts concluded that in 1466 Afanasy started his trip to Shemakha with the Russian ambassador Vasily Papin and a trade expedition. They took the direction down the Volga River and reached the city of Astrakhan, where one of their ships was captured by robbers, and the other one wrecked in a storm near the Caspian Sea. Notwithstanding the loss of the ships and goods, Afanasy Nikitin continued the journey. He travelled by land to Derbent, got to Persia, and later reached India by sea. In India the traveler spent three years and in 1472 went back to Russia through the Turkish lands and the Black Sea, and died on his way to Smolensk. Some merchants delivered his notes to Moscow and later the writings were included to chronicles.”

bbc5245713.png

Derbent, Persia

“The Persian lands were described rather briefly, which might mean that Russian merchants were well-aware of that country and it was of no interest to the traveller. The first impressions about India Afanasy Nikitin got in Chaul: half-naked people, women with their heads uncovered, odd hairstyles – many seemed unusual to the Russian traveller. He was incredibly shocked at the local tradition to commit dead people’s bodies to fire instead of committing them to earth. Nikitin had travelled across the whole India, including the sacred city of Parvat, and documented the local religious customs and traditions, peculiarities of the Indian market and trade. Although his narrations are simple and cannot boast the literary style that was appreciated in ancient Russia, the simplicity of his writings makes them enchanting.”

b3022ac40c.png

The adventurous spirit of Merchant Nikitin has been an inspiration to many throughout the world and gave way for many others to travel, trade, and explore with little regard for a final destination in the same way he did. Such a pioneering spirit has always existed among humans, going back as far as recorded history. Names such as Vasco de Gama, Christopher Columbus, and Leif Eriksson fill books and detail their trials, tribulations, and exploits. Despite so many calamities throughout mankind’s rise from the Renaissance and onto the technological marvels of the 20th Century not once has the flame of exploration or curiosity ever been snuffed out, and as such it was no surprise that this flame would continue to flicker even long after such a catastrophe as the events that took place in the summer of 2017. Humans who had survived the first year away from large government safe zones or cities found themselves solidifying their positions.

77fa03d2d0.jpg

A granary inside a village on the outskirts of Primorsk, Chernarus 2019

Some even formed city-states with nearby towns and other groups from their own nations and began to trade and explore other areas to gain more information and seek out others who they could exchange goods with and improve their situation at home. Such expansion is bound to lead to conflict, but it is also a means for humanity to begin to pick up the pieces and access what the future holds.

South Zagoria had always represented a little out of the way backwater to many of the other settlements and enclaves of Chernarus, even before the crisis struck. It was a rough province regarded as a haven for all manner of people, foreign, local and otherwise. A wild frontier full of prospects and opportunities for those able-bodied enough and willing to undertake the journey, but on the flip-side it represented somewhat of a place to avoid for those just trying to get by.

34556b575a.png

Situation in Chernarus, Spring 2019

However, South Zagoria did lack the constant hordes, large scale warfare, and rampant military police actions experienced by others areas, which meant that many had grown used to the place and made a decent living for themselves as traders and hunters, keeping in mind the local players and power brokers and being sure to appease them or stay out of the way. The overall lack of hordes higher than category 2 made South Zagoria a good place for steady trade, and in the past 6 months there has been a steady uptick in outside parties moving in to trade with the locals. Within South Zagoria lay numerous untapped natural resources, alongside those which had been left by mankind. Lumber is easily procurable, and while many existing stocks have long since rotted away there are many mills at hand ready to return the production rate of pre-outbreak South Zagoria.

9b8ff29be6.jpg

Infected overrun a Georgian aid helicopter shortly after it crashed on mission in Chernarus, Winter 2019

Along with the natural resources exist previously abandoned resources that were left behind during the early days of the outbreak. Chernarus’ overall oil and fuel production occurs off the coast on the oil drilling platforms. However, South Zagoria’s early evacuations left vast stores of oil and other fuel products relatively untouched. With military rationing occurring, most fuel and oil resources are unavailable to the public. Thus, citizens and off-duty military personnel alike search for these resources in order to do everyday things such as fueling vehicles, powering generators, and cooking food. Aside from the large coastal safezones, many nomadic factions and other settlements outside of government control also have specific trade needs. While sources of freshwater in Chernarus are generally abundant throughout, food is a major concern for factions located in the area of Kirovograd and the central plains.

03f17d9236.gif

Freshwater stream in the Black Mountains

Extensive bombing over the course of the outbreak has reduced much of the arable farmland in that area to a sodden muddy mess, and much of the associated farm equipment and seed stores have been scattered or stolen. This makes growing food difficult, but the situation there is also not ideal for hunting as most animals have migrated to less turbulent areas out west or in the Black Mountains. South Zagoria on the other hand has a plethora of land suitable for farming and thriving animal populations, some leftover livestock from before the outbreak that have simply become free-range. The province is also ripe for trade due to the fact that a single entity or group does not have a large degree of sway over the populace, or the ability to regulate trade between the various parties that come and go.

e8df5d199a.jpg

An underground prodejna in Russia

Also important is the fact that due to the lack of government control in South Zagoria many parties such as civilian enterprises and military units that are loyal to the State and live within its protection are attracted to the promise of a regulation free environment, even being willing to trade outside of safe areas to do so. All of the above factors have made South Zagoria ripe for future business by outsiders, and are sure to affect the balance of trade in the upcoming months.

2da5072d3f.jpg

Travelers cross a roadway entangled with overgrown vehicles, Central Chernarus

One experimental formula has been used by a handful of factions with decent success. Factions who wish to trade will travel to cities or other zones, and establish a temporary compound. Inside of these compound walls, these factions will trade and give requests to locals. However, the factions don’t have all the time in the world, and after a few hours they have to begin their trek back. Thus, the local populace must make haste so that they don’t miss out on these occurrences to gather new information, trade for rare items, and aid other survivors of this worn-down world. However, these faction shops are easily recognizable. Consisting of gates and wood or sheet metal walls boxing an area in, they are also accompanied by a short-burst radio message provided by the factions of the shops to indicate that they are open for business.

a148639842.png

The Nikitin Prodejna is a weekly trade post event series that is planned to take place on Sundays, which allows other major events to take place on Saturdays. The "Prodejna" or Shop in Chernarussian, is simply a roaming trade post that contains various traders and characters from multiple factions. Each Sunday a new faction will set up a hub at a pre-announced fortified location and for 3-4 hours will trade, give quests, and talk to survivors from around South Zagoria. Over time you will be able to develop relations with these factions along an RPG-like reputation scale, which will be discussed in detail below. The area within the Prodejna will be rule protected, meaning no hostilities will be allowed there. Despite this, visitors are not permitted to loiter or gather there to abuse the rules. You go in, do your business, talk to the faction, receive/complete quests and leave. An area outside of the Prodejna will be provided for folks to gather, trade among themselves, fight, and generally do anything they won't. This area is not rule protected and normal rules apply.

Reputation Progression System - 60 Point Scale        -30 | -20 | -10 | 0 | 10 | 20 | 30

-30 (Abysmal) -20 (Unfriendly) -10 (Poor)  0 (Indifferent) 10 (Known) 20 (Friendly) 30 (Very Reliable)

As you or your group complete quests on behalf of the various factions that travel through the area you will gain reputation with that group. Keep in mind your actions outside of the Prodejna affect this score too. For example if you hold a bunch of CDF soldiers hostage in one situation and a group of people within the same faction come to trade you may find yourself locked out. Each faction will have unique quests that you can complete over the course of each afternoon, and as you complete them you can improve your standing with the various factions. This can lead to improved exchange rates, preferential deals, and priority for specials. 

Every week this thread will be updated with details regarding each faction, including Lore, trade details, and their general background. 

468cf9259f.png

f4de3219c5.png

Details to come......

First event is the 16th of March.

Cheeki Breeki!

I’m glad you guys all like it! We worked a few all nighters for this one. As Major’s post said, there’s still more to come, and we’ll be posting the rules for inside the prodejna later this week, along with the lore for the hosting group. All sorts of thing are available for trade or quest rewards (even exclusive world lore information). So be sure to free up your Sundays! And to those who love militarism, never fear for Plight of the Damned is still planned and this event series will actually give information about that as well, should you be willing to do the work for it 🙂

I'm so glad this is finally out. This is definitely a neat idea, and something I'm looking forward to see!

2 hours ago, Horse said:

Is it just a one day event? 

Nope! This is an on-going weekly event series. Major and I plan to do this until interest ends or the lore ends, whichever comes first! 

If this is done as described, I don't see interest ending for this. This seems like a super cool idea. 

I for one will be participating in this. Can. Not. Wait.

Love the amount of detail and the courage of the lore team, I deeply want this to work out!

I love the Reputation system. Very good idea to quantified that system. Gives a bit of NPC vibe which is a good system for organized events. 

Damn it I thought this was on a Sunday. 😞 

21 hours ago, Zero said:

Damn it I thought this was on a Sunday. 😞 

It is?

4 hours ago, Major said:

It is?

The 16th is Saturday.

13 minutes ago, Zero said:

The 16th is Saturday.

Sorry man, it's 17th my fault.