Server time (UTC): 2019-07-16, 17:14
Sign in to follow this  
Butthead

Poor connection to specifically this server

Mostly just title. I have no idea what the problem is. Any well known issues regarding this? I get absolutely god awful connection to the DayZRP server specifically and nobody else is having issues that I play with. My connection is perfectly fine on literally anything else including other DayZ servers. Not sure what to do, and roommate who is also community member suffers same issues.

If your room-mate is suffering from the same issue, it may be an issue on your end. It's possible that for some reason your connection interacts strangely with the server.

Have you tried restarting your router?

4 minutes ago, Xavier said:

If your room-mate is suffering from the same issue, it may be an issue on your end. It's possible that for some reason your connection interacts strangely with the server.

Have you tried restarting your router?

I reset it and then had my internet provider replace it with a newer stronger model. The newer model fixed it seemingly for one day and then the problem returned. It may be an ISP issue because another community member with the same local ISP seems to be having correlating issues at the same times

42 minutes ago, KnightsTemplar said:

I reset it and then had my internet provider replace it with a newer stronger model. The newer model fixed it seemingly for one day and then the problem returned. It may be an ISP issue because another community member with the same local ISP seems to be having correlating issues at the same times

If the issue continues contact your ISP and inform them of the issues going on, if there is anything going on in your area usually they'll inform you. If not, kick and scream about you not getting the service you pay for and they'll hopefully sort their shit out.

I was having a weird issue with my connection and it ended up being a coaxial cable or something needing to be replaced in the box outside my house. Definitely push your ISP to investigate further.

As someone who has had extensive and strangely specific connection problems in the past, I can confirm that it's almost 100% your end, and it's something you might not even realize at first. I fixed my issues with my ISP. They often hold monopolies over your area so try your hardest to get them to do something about it.

7 hours ago, Angel said:

As someone who has had extensive and strangely specific connection problems in the past, I can confirm that it's almost 100% your end, and it's something you might not even realize at first. I fixed my issues with my ISP. They often hold monopolies over your area so try your hardest to get them to do something about it.

Thankfully we have 3 choices for ISP around here with a very prevalent and powerful local choice