Server time: 2017-08-21, 14:06

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Olyblob

Zombie Knockouts

Guest Olyblob   
Guest Olyblob

I Think zombies should not be able to knock people out. because it is not realy good for rp if you get a random click hit for a zombie, get knocked out and die.

I had some great gear, had been alive for 14 days and I got done by a zombie through a wall, god knows how it aggroed me through the wall when it could see me and I spawned in there I'll never understand!

Astraal    3

no, this is good for rp, cause in real zombie outbreak, you would be dead if a zombie got you. also it forces you to think before going into towns.

DORNER    0

Ive never seen a human get KO'd by a zombie in my life in any movie. Their muscles are supposed to be liquefied, not made of titanium.

yeah i had my legs brolen from one hit and lost an m40 ._.

While i think the change would take away from the experience of RP (should it take effect) the zombies are already preety OP...their damage is too high for my taste xD

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

This got me killed so many times it's not even funny.

Although if it was removed zombies would be 'too easy' and people wouldn't be as cautious around them like you would be in RL, therefore that would harm the RP more than leaving it in.

Mayo    0

Ive never seen a human get KO'd by a zombie in my life in any movie. Their muscles are supposed to be liquefied, not made of titanium.

Well, they're just infected humans. However, I've never seen somone get knocked out by a claw-like action, either, haha.

I agree they should be made a lot more rare, if not disabled.

Guest Olyblob   
Guest Olyblob

no, this is good for rp, cause in real zombie outbreak, you would be dead if a zombie got you. also it forces you to think before going into towns.

yes zombies would be able to get you through a wall in real zombie outbreak wouldn't they.

Murray    6

This is a zombie mod. Zombies should be feared. If you don't want to get killed by a zombie, learn to fear and respect it.

Sgt Dro    0

Zombies need to have that one hit wonder to make us more cautious, if not it would be like Shawn of the Dead where you would see survivors moaning on comms and acting like zombies to go thru towns. (Which would also be funny to see by the way)

The zombies in DayZ are infected humans, not risen dead, so their bodies are more-or-less like our own.

Bessworth    0

I Think zombies should not be able to knock people out. because it is not realy good for rp if you get a random click hit for a zombie, get knocked out and die.

Ye its so f***** annoying when this happens.

Caesar    438

At the current level with the high damage they now do it is not a good mix. Especially with the poor mechanics associated with zombies.

But even without the bugged nature of the game, real life allows you a far greater degree of motion and ability to extract yourself then the not so great controls of ARMA 2 allow. Also lets be honest but 99% of the zombie lore has them as incredibly slow.

I think the single best improvement these zombies should have is lowering the threshold from 9k when they can knock you out (even this bugs). Rolle has confirmed they will be reducing the threshold to like 6k. I honestly think 3k makes more sense, realistically most people who have made it this far will only be completely overpowered near the end of their life when their energy levels (blood level) cannot maintain the ability to outsmart a zombie.

Astraal    3

yes zombies would be able to get you through a wall in real zombie outbreak wouldn't they.

*facepalm* and how did this bug get into this conversation?

Soren    0

Well, if zombies are such a big problem, why don't we just remove them?

Who needs zombies to be a threat in a zombie game anyway, am I right?

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

This game would be better without zombies. More firefights, RP possibilities in cities etc.

:no:

Reacher    0

Unfortunately the zombie animations aren't as smooth or accurate as anyone would like, but that is the problem with Arma 2, not the mod. Damage + hitting from zombies is out of sync, unlike the stand alone where attacks will actually be attacks, so we do the best we can.

I've had the same happen, where a zombie killed me with one shot, from full blood. And sadly, it happens.

That being said, zombies are meant to be a threat, so making them like vanilla servers doesn't do much to make people remember the fact. By upping the damage, players will have to consider the situation more before running in, since the zeds are as dangerous as they should be.

My suggestion would be to acquire a suppressed weapon, and to sneak into highly populated zombie areas. Utilize cover, prone, and headshots. And if you gain aggro, run, and give yourself some room to avoid being hit by sync issues [again, which are game engine flaws, not ours].