Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:29 WE ARE RECRUITING
RyanOG

Conercening last night.

3 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

And all the Saviors + Saviors friends are defending the poor roleplay with: "we were just having fun".

Dont start saying people are defending Jim because all I see is the Saviors + friends defending Moody even though this was an obvious case of BadRP. 

We can discuss the verdict / situation but keep it friendly and dont start being sarcastic and childish. 

I was takin the piss mate, I can see how this situation hurts your high standards of RP and you agree it was a ban, "keep it friendly," you're not a moderator Ill post however I want to.

IRL this, IRL that don't give a fuck when RP is all about having fun in a game.

Sure whatever its NVFL, but my point is its overly harsh to hand out the punishment that was given in this scenario, its happened in the past and it will continue to. 

That's all ill be posting, my last post was a joke because he didn't take on anything I said, hes not actually Jims friend, ooh my bad..

8 minutes ago, Angima said:

So if I run around, trolling to the max, streaming it so everyone could see it but noone is around IG it would be fine?

People who just joined and see that footage will think that is how RP is on this server. And I need to say that the quality of RP is already low and I dont want it to be even lower.

Does it really matter ? In a few days Jack Moody, John’s long lost twin brother will emerge from the wilderness to lead the saviors into battle. He won’t have to climb through the ranks obviously because it’s his birth right to rule. 

Not gonna lie, a lot of things done by Jim recently just seem malicious and vindictive. I don't know if there's something IRL making him feel like he has to take it out on someone but that's the way I see it. I think a step back and some introspection is greatly needed.

Hold on chaps...Before people start going all hard on "It was Jim, It was Jim". Yes, he handed out the ban in this situation but streams are saved and can easily be recorded for events that happened. It could have been reported by a community member and he as a staff member went in to check it out. That is a common practice in the staff team here. Sure, I don't like the punishment but the way it was done by him it's out of his authority here.

3 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

So if I run around, trolling to the max, streaming it so everyone could see it but noone is around IG it would be fine?

People who just joined and see that footage will think that is how RP is on this server. And I need to say that the quality of RP is already low and I dont want it to be even lower.

1. Trolling to the max is really objective. In that case it was a little joke in between of a normal roleplay session. Don't act like this is the Standard of RP that we provide. Like I responded earlier it was a case of one minute joking around in the own group. 

2. I don't expect anyone to watch the stream and ignoring the whole RP before and after the "badRP". I guess whoever watches the stream will not just see this one incidence and then judge the community on that level. 

Yes, the RP on the Server sometimes can be cancer. But there is also a lot of top notch RP! Also monitored on the stream. whoever watches the stream can see it how he wants. But i see it as unrealistic that someone focus on such short badrp Moments and then think this is the standard.

I disagree with this decision for two main reasons.

First off, I was always under the impression that if no one reports it, then no one was a "victim" of a rule break and then a ban is unnecessary. For example, there were many occasions where I would be roleplaying with people I know (Internal RP) and we wouldn't care about some rules for the sake of roleplay. (Invalid Execution, RDM, that sort of thing). Rules are made to facilitate roleplay.

Also, I hate when admins pinpoint people without passing by the proper procedure. I mean, Rolle and staff have elaborated a report procedure so things are as transparent as possible, and it works. So when that system is circumvented, it feels insanely shady and makes it like some staff have a specific agenda.

Finally, to the event in question, yes, it is weird to jump of a roof... Does it deserve a ban and most importantly, a PK of the character? No in my opinion.

I mean someone could argue that such an odd PK will damage much more roleplay than the weird decision of jumping off a roof.

All in all, disappointing... 

Lets face it, what happened here in this situation was very silly. He jumped off a roof, did not act injured and everyone laughed it off? I think a different punishment/warning would've worked better than the one that was chosen. But threads like these do not help the situation. Things get heated, people are disrespectful, everyone goes off topic and people get warning points. Now that's not something we like to see happen. 

If Mr Moody is not happy with what happened and what punishment he received, then he should post an appeal ASAP. Then a separate team of staff will look into the situation. I understand that you are his friend and do not agree with the punishment, I get that. But making threads which get heated over the situation doesn't help. You should've PM'd the staff/admin team. If you too, think that someone has OOC hate towards your group, or yourself then you too should get in touch with the admin team so we can resolve that for you and try to deal with it accordingly. If you want to fix the OOC hate in the community then that is what you should do. PM the admin team. 

Now, I am going to be closing this thread before it carries on to get out of hand and more people have to be told off. Get in touch with staff about the situation for OOC hate and @MoodyOG should make an appeal ASAP. 

Other than that, have a pleasant Saturday!