Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
RyanOG

Conercening last night.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Angima said:

snip

Dont think you understand what im saying. if a rulebreak is made I trust staff to do something with it, if I see a rulebreak I either talk with people or report it.

Thats why I said "I do not know if this MOD talked to Moody about the situation. If the person did this then there is no problem". Try to read next time before responding. 

Edited by Jackfish

1 minute ago, Angima said:

Are MODs not allowed to laugh together with friends? We enjoy our RP every day together. Sometimes we are joking around and have fun. I guess you never did that in your own Group?

Everybody has done stupid shit between friends and each other. This is coming from somebody who didn't like it was anti-ban here. But it was streamed...thats the huge issue imo. If this was more public (and could have been becuase the savior camp is a huge hotspot atm). It's the image that gets effected here...and i've seen countless times people get banned for stuff they or others have streamed multiple times. Its a common practice...if this wasn't on a stream and in private...who really gives a fuck? I certainly wouldn't...however it was and therefore the context and representation was handed out. It's sad but true...I "Get" the NVFL punishment (Rather do Bad RP) but the PK system is to harsh...and this is why i don't like it.

2 minutes ago, Angima said:

Who of y'all Keep RP'ing seriously in every minute? nobody joking around together in their groups? I doubt it! Of cource it was not any type of good rp but if everyone involved doesn't mind it why should it be a problem? 

theres a huge difference between 'fucking around in the woods with your buddies' and 'swan diving off a building in the biggest hot spot on the server'. and not only that, but knowingly on stream of a community moderator.

it sucks, it does, but what did you expect to happen? had he of not landed ontop of that guy, he would of been dead in-game.

and assuming he roleplay out 'rkoing' someone off a 3 story building, meaning he landed on his back from that far, then yes. that will either;

>put him in a coma on impact

>result in internal bleeding and organ ruptures

>plethora of head injuries not limited to; whiplash, cranial fracture, intracerebral hemorrhage, or subarachnoid hemorrhage, or both.

>blood pooling inside chest cavity  (pulmonary embolism)

>hemorraghic shock

>death

as stated before, nvfl doesnt have to result in dying ingame

but as i said before

if you want a debate, take it up with rolle. this thread has and only will cause friction in the community.

Okay it is looking like my point wasn't clear enough.

Why is it that we get stream sniped, and people call us out on heaps on stuff we do, and push for a PK because they can't acquire rights in character. 

It's just because they dislike moody, why was this granted? BADRP would have been good enough.

4 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Dont think you understand what im saying. if a rulebreak is made I trust staff to do something with it, if I see a rulebreak I either talk with people or report it.

Thats why I said "I do not know if this MOD talked to Moody about the situation. If the person did this then there is no problem". Try to read next time before responding. 

I've read your respond carefully and clear. And pointing others out as acting weird by simply laughing About a Situation is.. weird - in my opinion. 

No offense bro

3 minutes ago, California said:

- snip -

I can fully understand what you mean and I don't want to say it was not a rulebreak in terms of badRP. But what i am asking for is a little bit of empathy. At the end everyone is just a human. We can't concentrate on good RP every second and as soon as you are playing with friends and allies only you will start joking just to have fun. I see that on a daily base. everywhere. I saw it in Kab, I saw it in grish. The only difference here is that others can see it through the stream even if they are not involved. 
Whoever is watching the stream might notice that the RP is 100 times better in most every other situation and I think nobody would judge the community because of one thing that happened for a minute. 

From point of view. They were just having fun in their own group. Maybe it was badRP and he deserves his couple days of ban. But PKing him.. Isn't that a bit too much? People make mistakes? 

1 minute ago, Osku said:

As fucking hilarious as it would be to RP out that after all this time fighting him Moody died from falling off a roof, I find it very peculiar that he was hit for NVFL and his char PK'd when he didn't even die ingame. It has been standard procedure for as long as I remember that if you don't die it can't be NVFL. People who have been initiated on by 10 people and killed all of them have not been punished for NVFL because they survived. BadRP, sure but even then when you are just among your own group all in the same OOC comms just waiting for something etc. this sort of "badrp" fucking about happens all the time.

+1 exactly what i am trying to say man

2 minutes ago, Osku said:

As fucking hilarious as it would be to RP out that after all this time fighting him Moody died from falling off a roof, I find it very peculiar that he was hit for NVFL and his char PK'd when he didn't even die ingame. It has been standard procedure for as long as I remember that if you don't die it can't be NVFL. People who have been initiated on by 10 people and killed all of them have not been punished for NVFL because they survived. BadRP, sure but even then when you are just among your own group all in the same OOC comms just waiting for something etc. this sort of "badrp" fucking about happens all the time.

Thats exactly how I see it too. It just seems a bit much, like for real and I hope in the admin team, you guys will talk about it. 

I disagree with NVFL. NVFL is only issued when someone dies IG, you can't get NVFL when you survive, even if it's from a miracle like in @MoodyOG's case. 

My suggestion would be to chuck up an appeal ASAP if you haven't already, because that's beyond a joke. @MoodyOG

4 minutes ago, Osku said:

Well said Comrade 

13 minutes ago, RyanPr said:

Okay it is looking like my point wasn't clear enough.

Why is it that we get stream sniped, and people call us out on heaps on stuff we do, and push for a PK because they can't acquire rights in character. 

It's just because they dislike moody, why was this granted? BADRP would have been good enough.

Well how do you know their intentions was to PK Moody's Character? Seems like you are making a pretty big assumption here. How do you know that some random person who have no relation to you or the saviors didnt stumble across the stream and decided to report it? If your point really is that a lot of people in this community have OOC hate for you and your group, maybe you should reconsider how you act on the server OOC, or you know bring it up to the admin team. 

7 minutes ago, Bush said:

Well how do you know their intentions was to PK Moody's Character? Seems like you are making a pretty big assumption here. How do you know that some random person who have no relation to you or the saviors didnt stumble across the stream and decided to report it? If your point really is that a lot of people in this community have OOC hate for you and your group, maybe you should reconsider how you act on the server OOC, or you know bring it up to the admin team. 

Bro. Everyone wants to pk moody. Trust me.

I’d have to agree that NVFL is meant by doing something that’s unrealistic or committing an action that presents no regards to your characters life but it shouldn’t count if the character survived the incident. They should really add in the part where if your Character does die in a situation/incident similar to that then it should count.

Here’s an RP situation that could have been handled:

•Moody Jumps off

•He lands on the person

•Him and the person are both badly injured

•They limp in agonising pain

•Moody shows gratefulness to still being alive after jumping and commits to doing none of that shit again because next time he won’t be so lucky.

That’s how I think the situation ICly should have been handled. 

16 minutes ago, Osku said:

Spot on in my opinion.

Posted (edited)

Pretty stupid to be fair, he didnt die, sure from that height he should of but so what? is this really enough to just ban someone when nobody from the community reported it?

NVFL and Bad RP both kinda a stretch,

this community just feels less like a community and more of a regime sometimes..

Its clear @JimRP isnt a fan of you guys and I don't think he'll care what anyone in this thread has to say.

Edited by Jerry

Considering a fall from a 4 story building is at the median point of survivability (many climbers, pole workers and tree arborists say 30 foot is the fatality cut off, about 3 stories.) , jumping off one (without safety equipment) is a suicide attempt. 

Even by some minute chance he would survive the fall, there would be absolute zero chance of him walking for many weeks/months after such a fall, if he would ever walk again at all, as for the damage to the person he "kicked" yeah, that's either another death or another paraplegic. 

That seems to be the point of the Pk. using an exploit in the game to survive a fall that (in the apocalyptic scenario) would in fact be suicide. 

As for doing an RKO ... well that adds even less survivability for both participants. At those speeds of fall, grabbing some ones neck and slamming them to the floor is going to have the same result as the drop and stop during a hanging. The RKO-er is also offering more of their body to the hard ground when landing, which will cause massive trauma to the skeletal system, cause ribs and other bones to break and puncture internal organs and arteries, organs can rupture from the impact alone, all resulting in massive internal bleeding. Death would be instantaneous for the RKO'd and if death is not instantaneous for the RKO-er then it will be unfathomably painful until the sweet release of death comes. 

5 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

As for doing an RKO ... well that adds even less survivability for both participants. At those speeds of fall, grabbing some ones neck and slamming them to the floor is going to have the same result as the drop and stop during a hanging.

An “RKO” is not what you see on WWE, that’s just one version of it, RKO stands for random knock out, it doesn’t have to be the grabbing of someone’s neck and landing on your back. You’re just assuming he did it the WWE way.

NVFL is definitely a fair judgement. So what if he didn't die? He jumped off the building fully knowing that his character may not survive. You're all saying "but he did survive". Be that as it may, even if he survived, irl he would be a total mess and his chances of living would be near 0% so he'd be basically dead anyway. That's why I think NVFL punishment was fair in this instance. Especially since he jumped off of the building himself and wasn't pushed over against his will. Okay so if he decided to drink a poison (knowing it was a poison in the first place) and DIDN'T died from it, you're all saying it wouldn't be a NVFL? I mean, come on.

I don't agree with PK of his character though. From my POV this situation was clearly an OOC in-group fun among their members. All I'm saying is that I'm strong advocate for PK only with vaild and enjoyable RP on both sides, not because of OOC situation that might've happened.

Posted (edited)

@MrP4ndaStill at the speeds of fall from a 4 story height, the force of any blow will do more than knock someone out.  You are talking about speeds in the area of 25 mph range, with the full weight of the character's body behind the blow. Considering a knock out is caused by a head trauma, getting kicked in the face at the force of a car doing 25 mph is death. There are limits to every human, and massive trauma to the head seems to be one of our biggest weakness. 

Edited by The Buddha

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

Still at the speeds of fall from a 4 story height, the force of any blow will do more than knock someone out.  

Actually from a fall of about 25 feet or so you have what I would say is a high chance of survival, it’s not the fall that ultimately kills you, it’s what you land on. In this case he landed on somebody who was fully geared with a backpack on that would absorb his fall and the person that he landed on would partially absorb the blow of the ground due to the backpack and whatever he had in it. The fall from that height in no way would kill anyone unless they land on there head, neck or back, and in the video he does none of those. Even if he was to break an ankle or dislocate something, the amount of doctors we have in Novaya that are ready to get to work is more than enough to stabilize an injury and keep him well.

Edit: From that height the possibity of going 25mph is highly unlikely. Also you keep saying head trauma and I don’t know where you’re getting this from because it seems like in no way he ever hit his head.

Edited by MrP4nda

4 stories is a fall of 40 feet, not 25. 

He landed on that persons head, and or shoulders. Now, that would be fine if that was his final position, but gravity has this thing about pulling objects together, and the jumper wound then continue to fall forward to hit the ground. the person he jumped on was standing when hit. what gear he had on doesn't matter, it would be a head injury and the jumper would still continue to the ground, most likely landing on their front of on their head. Here is a simple diagram of what would happen 

falldamage.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, The Buddha said:

4 stories is a fall of 40 feet, not 25. 

He landed on that persons head, and or shoulders. Now, that would be fine if that was his final position, but gravity has this thing about pulling objects together

This is still a game man if he survives the jump then we just make up a reason to why he did, "got lucky and rolled after the hit" for the guy that got hit just say he protected his head with his arms or something..

Its entirely possible to survive 3-4 stories if you get super lucky, my cousin fell off a ladder four stories up and only broke an ankle because he got super lucky. Good freerunners could probably jump 4 stories and roll it off.

Edited by Jerry

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

This is still a game man if he survives the jump then we just make up a reason to why he did, "got lucky and rolled after the hit" for the guy that got hit just say he protected his head with his arms or something..

Its entirely possible to survive 3-4 stories if you get super lucky, my cousin fell off a ladder four stories up and only broke an ankle because he got super lucky. Freerunners could probably jump 4 stories and roll it off.

i dont think free runners wear plated body armor, an entire survival kit of gear, and business attire when they 'roll it off' tbh

Edited by California

Just now, The Buddha said:

-some real CSI stuff-

None of this really matters, its a game and if we would think about stuff like this hyper realistically people who would get shot in the head during a firefight and survived due to the game mechanics not being completely lifelike would have to either kill themselves, or RP a disabled person for the rest of their characters life. Also in real life things arent that simple. People survive the craziest shit and sometimes die due to the smallest thing. A friend of mine survived falling on concrete from the fourth floor balcony but then again I know of a case where someone died because he got punched in the face once and hit his head on concrete.