Server time: 2019-03-24, 22:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
RyanOG

Conercening last night.

Posted (edited)

You fall off a building, and survive. Get banned for NVFL. Get a character in that you have sunk countless hours developing pk'd, how do you feel?

Now I'm going to keep this respectful - without naming or pointing things out. But I have noticed people hate us (saviors) very much OOC and literally stalk someone's stream to find the smallest of thing and fuck us over. That is what happened to our leader. Just remember, not everyone is an angel and people do wrong everyday, even by accident. But this wasn't a pure wrong doing deserving of a ban.

He went off a roof and got banned for 3 days and his character pk'd. How is this fair? I would like this justified and help alot of people make sense of this. Why can people get let off with the amount of ooc hate that they do? It's kinda all we receive. 

At the end of the day, it's meant to be a community; how can we move forward and stop this?

What happened just isn't fair, either it needs justified or revoked. I have tried to keep this as respectful as I can, so we have our feelings out there. I believe this needs looked into and I think it needs to be said. I have no malicious intent or dont want anyone in trouble.

Edited by RyanPr

-User has been warned for this post.-

14 minutes ago, RyanPr said:

You fall off a building, and survive. Get banned for NVFL.

Link?

I mean he didn't fall off, he intentionally jumped off trying to RKO someone. I dunno about you but willingly jumping off a factory roof seems a bit like NVFL.

2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Link?

^ the clip in question. 

Okay after watching this I don't think it deserved an NVFL. BadRP? Maybe but not NVFL. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Xavier said:

^ the clip in question. 

Can someone direct me to the report? I wanna read this.

As for the video itself, it is rather hard to punish someone for NVFL when they survive. But Jesus fucking Christ that was atrocious. I mean you can sit and debate if that was NVFL or not but it was 100% BadRP.

Edited by AndreyQ

Just now, AndreyQ said:

As for the video itself, it is rather hard to punish someone for NVFL when they survive. But Jesus fucking Christ was that not atrocious. I mean you can sit and debate if that was NVFL or not but it was 100% BadRP.

There was no report made of this as far as I've seen. 

3 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

As for the video itself, it is rather hard to punish someone for NVFL when they survive. But Jesus fucking Christ was that not atrocious. I mean you can sit and debate if that was NVFL or not but it was 100% BadRP.

The punishment was given by JimRP upon seeing the clip, as admins are able to act on rulebreaks as they happen / just happened. So there isn't a report. 

image.png.35315803c361c94b13cba837fe5ab1cc.png

RKOing somebody off a 4 story building unfortunately is not behaving realistically or indicating a value for the characters life.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Judging by the OP's post it seems like the person got banned, or am I missing something?

They got banned for 3 days and their character was PK'd

Far as I've been told anyway 

Edited by TheMrGasMask

1 minute ago, Xavier said:

The punishment was given by JimRP upon seeing the clip, as admins are able to act on rulebreaks upon seeing them. So there isn't a report. 

Fair enough. Although I do find it a bit odd to PK someone for an action that didn't even lead to his death. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

Just now, AndreyQ said:

Fair enough. Although I do find it a bit odd to PK someone for an action that didn't even lead to his death. Doesn't make much sense if you think about it.

True. Gonna be weird to RP it today when I get on later. 

literally the only person who can help u is @Roland

jim made the decision, there's no staff that can revoke it besides himself and rolle.

i would just have the accused pm rolle if they think it isn't just

4 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I believe the thought process behind it was the realism behind it as well as the lack of regard for one's life. As rule 3.2 states:

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

So, essentially - you act accordingly to the context of the situation, e.g. in a fire-fight, it's kill or be killed, so risking your life is justified. If, in the context of the situation, one's life is not valued - the punishment is carried out. We can speculate as much as we'd like, but we should ultimately wait to hear what @JimRP has to say.

Posted (edited)

After watching the clip I completely agree with the decision that was made. He jumped off a roof and because of the current state of DayZ didn't die. IRL he and the other man he landed on would of either been dead or badly injured. 

I enjoy Moody's RP most of the time and I have nothing against the man. But this kind of RP cannot be tolerated.

I also see that it was on a stream from a MOD who started laughing and seemed to enjoy the situation even though it was pure badRP. I think that is pretty weird however I do not know if this MOD talked to Moody about the situation. If the person did this then there is no problem. If this person didn't.. well. Pretty weird if you ask me.

Again, I have nothing against anyone and I dont mean to offend anyone.

Edited by Jackfish

3 minutes ago, Xavier said:

I believe the thought process behind it was the realism behind it as well as the lack of regard for one's life. As rule 3.2 states:

So, essentially - you act accordingly to the context of the situation, e.g. in a fire-fight, it's kill or be killed, so risking your life is justified. If, in the context of the situation, one's life is not valued - the punishment is carried out. We can speculate as much as we'd like, but we should ultimately wait to hear what @JimRP has to say.

I understand why he got punished for NVFL, it is clear as day that the guy had no care for his life, I just wouldn't have pushed for the PK part.

Posted (edited)

BadRP maybe ... but since he didn't die it's a bit weird to punish him for NVFL with permadeath. So he didn't die and nobody saw him die but he is still permadeathed for that situation? That is the part that doesn't make sense to me. He survived so he shouldn't have to permadeath. 

Edited by Lyca

So because he -willingly jumped- off a roof but survived its not NVFL?... Come on like, who the fuck would realistically jump off a roof that height to 'rko' someone. Seems he was acting out for the laughs not on the value of his character nor what someone would do. 

As for the Perma, nah maybe not, up to himself. But badrp and nvfl is hardly arguable here. 

The kick itself was a silly moment between clan members doing some really silly stuff inside their encampment. If this was more a public act not between clan members yeaaaaaaa I could point it across more as Bad RP than rather NVFL. NVFL counts if somebody dies during a situation. If he would have died...yea....he gets hit for that and soz moody but that would have been a PK on your character (Another reason i don't like this PK system but hey ho). I don't like that ban...I've seen far worse done and wouldn't even bat an eyelid in reporting it. It does seem petty...but you have to argue the fact it was on a public stream aswell...and represents the image of the community and the group.... Its shit but how the cookie crumbles these days.

Not gonna lie though, I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else because it feels like a witch hunt more than anything. People are trying to have fun here.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Stagsview said:

The kick itself was a silly moment between clan members doing some really silly stuff inside their encampment. If this was more a public act not between clan members yeaaaaaaa I could point it across more as Bad RP than rather NVFL. NVFL counts if somebody dies during a situation. If he would have died...yea....he gets hit for that and soz moody but that would have been a PK on your character (Another reason i don't like this PK system but hey ho). I don't like that ban...I've seen far worse done and wouldn't even bat an eyelid in reporting it. It does seem petty...but you have to argue the fact it was on a public stream aswell...and represents the image of the community and the group.... Its shit but how the cookie crumbles these days.

Not gonna lie though, I hope this doesn't happen to anybody else because it feels like a witch hunt more than anything. People are trying to have fun here.

I completely agree with that. He should not have to permadeath when he didn't die. 

Edited by Lyca

So I need to leave my two cents here now. The whole scenario was clearly meant to be a funny thing between Friends and allies. People where screaming into each others ears in close distances because it is funny so I guess nobody there was expecting any serious RP in that situation. 
Who of y'all Keep RP'ing seriously in every minute? nobody joking around together in their groups? I doubt it! Of cource it was not any type of good rp but if everyone involved doesn't mind it why should it be a problem? 
So someone watching the stream while being not involved AT ALL cliped it and sent it to the admins as if the saviors doing this stuff every time! Is that really fair? I don't think so.

Also to mention how the whole case was handled.. I will just remind that people playing this game on this server as active as Moody does are keeping the community alive. In other words they spend their time in a hobby like RP and chosen this server to do so. Why then just ban someone straight away without giving him the chance to explain or talk? There wasn't even a report existing! It could be handled way more fair. Just communicate and give people the chance to point it out what leads to situations like this.

And also about the PK thing - I guess it is clear that this doesn't make any sence at all. The character didn't die so why should he be PK'd? It is literally ruining the RP for a whole Group since we wouldn't even know how to RP around a death that never happened. Closing every possible door to further RP with other groups. 

No hard feelings, but that case could have been handled way better.

You don't have to die in order for something to be considered NVFL.

NVFL rule is on the basis of acting realistically or appropriately to the situation at hand, not if you die or not. 

If Moody had died then the NVFL would have made somewhat sense I suppose but since he survived...it's gonna be kinda weird how we RP that his dead cause he walked away from it. Yeah, he could have had broken legs or something but since he was PK'd gonna be kinda difficult. Maybe. 

13 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

After watching the clip I completely agree with the decision that was made. He jumped off a roof and because of the current state of DayZ didn't die. IRL he and the other man he landed on would of either been dead or badly injured. 

I enjoy Moody's RP most of the time and I have nothing against the man. But this kind of RP cannot be tolerated.

I also see that it was on a stream from a MOD who started laughing and seemed to enjoy the situation even though it was pure badRP. I think that is pretty weird however I do not know if this MOD talked to Moody about the situation. If the person did this then there is no problem. If this person didn't.. well. Pretty weird if you ask me.

Again, I have nothing against anyone and I dont mean to offend anyone.

Are MODs not allowed to laugh together with friends? We enjoy our RP every day together. Sometimes we are joking around and have fun. I guess you never did that in your own Group?