Server time (UTC): 2019-07-22, 23:42
Sign in to follow this  
Voodoo

What is BadRP?

Posted (edited)

Now the title sounds dumb but very recently a verdict was reached of BadRP for the accused. 

Now we can see the verdict is badly worded (thats another discussion) but we can also see that badrp was reached because the accused gunned down the victim and it stopped all RP. If this is the case then anyone that shoots another in whatever situation should be punished for BadRP right?

From the video provided we can see the accused did provide RP and tried many times to be reasonable so the BadRP is clearly just from the situation outcome.

BadRP used to be not providing RP, not following a characters background, going OOC on a regular occurance or generally being close to trolling but not as far as being open to recieving a trolling verdict. Now its for killing and cutting RP short?

I think many of us can agree looking at the verdict that it seems rushed and maybe on little sleep with little discussion taking place for a report that, in my GM days we would tread lightly and get the team involved in a lengthy discussion to rule on each possibility of a rule break. Even once we had discussed it it was compulsory for everyone to read it through and find these mistakes that can easily be seen.

Edited by Voodoo

That's not BadRP, but RDM. No clue why the BadRP punishment was given.

I think it's pretty clear it was a typo, you even pointed it out in an update..

https://www.dayzrp.com/profile/2487-jimrp/?status=73425&type=status 

Easy enough to fix once he's around.

35 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

in my GM days we would tread lightly and get the team involved in a lengthy discussion to rule on each possibility of a rule break. Even once we had discussed it it was compulsory for everyone to read it through and find these mistakes that can easily be seen.

Times have changed, we don't have time anymore to write essays for reports, or for half the team to check a verdict. GMs now work much more independently from each other. Still need someone else who agrees on outcome, but that's about it.

In this case, I think it's just a typo,no harm done. 

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Times have changed, we don't have time anymore to write essays for reports, or for half the team to check a verdict. GMs now work much more independently from each other. Still need someone else who agrees on outcome, but that's about it.

In this case, I think it's just a typo,no harm done. 

Well you dont need essays but there should be a template to make the verdict clear. Even if it is a typo (which shouldnt be happening as it can go against the verdict in an appeal) the result of this report looks so rushed and not thought out. I mean the report was up for not even 24 hours. No way it had enough time for a discussion of notes. 

Templates and discussions made report outcomes fair. In this case looking at the appeal its now changed again to KOS punishment even though the victim showed hostility in his voice. At most this is RDM as pointed out by @AndreyQ

You probably see this as me nagging staff but its not. Its to get a clear understanding of why things seem so messed up in reports. Its already been pointed out that report titles have been missed recently. So question is what happened to the standard operating procedures that were enforced and made outcomes fair?

In this case it wont do much but a newer player could see or get this outcome as its worded and decide to leave the community based on it and numbers of players for DayZ are getting fewer and fewer each month.

Posted (edited)

Think we've had a typo and a wrong punishment given at best. Whether or not I agree with punishing in the first place, this was at most a 3 day ban. Not a 7 day slam dunk. 

Edited by Para

I completely agree with a verdict template as Voodoo just stated, some verdicts are very unclear and badly laid out and the odd time just say ‘will be punished’ with no refereance to what for or how long.

1 hour ago, Para said:

this was at most a 3 day ban. Not a 7 day slam dunk. 

I agree with this. It was a invalid kill - roleplayed which is a 3 day ban.
I also do not agree with the invalid kill punishment as the OP basically made his demands very very clear to "Drop. The. Gun. Now" He stated a demand. He didn't raise his weapon which is why there were so many split opinions. 

Obviously tad of a bias option here 😀

but trying to be as unobjectionable as possible.

from my view the issue is a grey area and needs to be clarified with the initation rights. 

I think the report was rushed and should have been discussed as a team and not treated as a Open and shut case as it has. 

I would support it being re-opened and discussed as this as a community is how we developed rules. 

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I agree with this. It was a invalid kill - roleplayed which is a 3 day ban.
I also do not agree with the invalid kill punishment as the OP basically made his demands very very clear to "Drop. The. Gun. Now" He stated a demand. He didn't raise his weapon which is why there were so many split opinions. 

That's exactly how I see it. But yeah... it is definitely not KOS. 

40 minutes ago, Lyca said:

That's exactly how I see it. But yeah... it is definitely not KOS. 

The rules state that an initiation is valid when a hostile demand is clearly stated. It doesn't say anything about raised weapons.

Yet, the community thinks an initiation is only valid if a weapon is raised.
So, do we change the rule or the communitie's opinion?

However, obviously your life needs to be threatened to make an initiation valid.

Here is Rule 4.1. As you can see, nothing is stated that you have to have a weapon pointed at someone to make an initiation valid
699ecff8430d23e0850d985f1eb195ea.png

Here is the overview of the rule. And yes, an example is used with a raised weapon, it is still not enforced in the actual rule itself
828eb4a78d26cb3a2f517503b52d7162.png 

Situation solved in an appeal here

PS: Your RP was fine in my opinion @Jewell 😘 

41 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It is a very grey area as of current.
The rules state that an initiation is valid when a hostile demand is clearly stated. It doesn't say anything about raised weapons.

Which is why saying "Drop. Your. Weapon. Now" is not a hostile demand that is clearly stated. People need to know that if they do X action they will be shot. This means either tell them that if they do X action they will get blasted to the moon or simply raise your weapon when given said demand as everyone with the ability to breath understands the circumstance of having a weapon pointed at them.

Being hostile and telling people to do something is not and never was the same thing as an initiation. This is why strongarming works and does not give people KOS rights.

I think his RP was fine in that situation, however it wasn't an initiation so I don't think Jewell's would've gained Kill rights at all. But yeah it shouldn't have been 7 days and that's why I think it got reduced to a 3 day ban, which is fair in my eyes.