Server time (UTC): 2020-01-19, 11:47 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
groovy cali

Remove Radio Forums

Remove Radio Forums  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just ban the pvpers from using it 

fun fishing GIF

I like the radio!

I don't use it very often, but it is nice to see people who ask for help, who offer services, who make broadcasts to inform about in-game events, people who force people to make broadcasts (like Kamenici used to)... It is all fun! :)

Some people are really good at writing and provide what could it be called "written RP". Just read almost anything by @Ryan Shepherd

Of course, fighting over the radio makes little sense, but you don't have to reply to those threads.

Some RP exists there,
Some RP doesn't.

It exists for a reason though.

Personally I've seen some pizdets great rp there at some cases.

Edited by Alexsys

I like the radio threads. I think they’re great to roleplay on and talk to people to plan meetings or things like that. Voting for it to stay. 

I think a lot of people enjoy radio forums where one can at least partially RP own character out of the game.

The solution for your problem is very easy - simply don't reply to those radio messages that you consider taunting. Ignoring them is incredibly effective. Also do report posts that break our radio forum rules.

Even though the radio forums are too often used for useless big dicking they also serve an RP purpose and many people still use it to create and enhance RP. If someone doesn't care for the radio forums they can do what I do and completely ignore them, problem solved.

Also, @Sam Fields

30 minutes ago, Sam Fields said:

mad max thats GIF

As I’m sure many people have stated before me, if you don’t like it, don’t use it. If people are away from their PC or whatever and they want to get involved in shit going on, then they have the option too.

Its also good for player driven events to launch broadcasts of what’s going on and stuff.

I don't want the radio forums removed.

Having beans removed from it helped cut down on the big dicking, still a painfully cringy amount of it going on.

If people shit talk on the radio thread, just teach them a lesson IG. And if only get in-game often enough to speak on the radio thread then maybe just.... I dunno.... get over it? Seems to me like a bunch of people getting all hot under the collar over all the mean IN CHARACTER words that get thrown around over the radio.

What about all the other reasons people use the thread? The news thread, that has obviously had a lot of time and effort spent on it? Calls for help? Advertising? Job openings? Settlement establishment? Finding people? Getting in contact with people they may've met out there?

You seriously want to boycott an entire thread, one that has been around and actively used almost as long as the community has been around, just because of a few people "talking shit"? The problem isn't the shit talking. The problem is people not properly RPing out the consequences IG and IC when they ARE caught and punished for the shit they said over the radio.

I think we should keep the Radio Chatter. It brings RP in game and gives people something to communicate with their enemies and other groups. It also lets people arrange meeting points and gives people news on the latest hotspots and trading zones. People can also keep up to date with ongoing wars between others and even negotiate peace summits for the larger groups that go through the wars. I vote keep it obviously. 

-1, radio threads give the opportunity to people who want to keep up to date on everything that’s going on. If this is removed people who don’t have a chance to get on at certain times like myself will be disconnected from things that are going on for our characters.

I don't mind the radio chatter in the forums, as a lot of you stated already it gives people a chance to speak their mind to others over the radio. If they talk shit on the radio then they will have to face the consequences IG. It gives characters a chance to voice their opinions and keep up with things currently happening IG. I voted to keep them. 

Report the big dicking.

Even more important, don't actually reply to the big dicking.  People indirectly fuel the big dickers by replying to them.  Just stop.  Get a giggle, hit the report button, move on.  Super simple.

Do it. Nuke them.

I agree, blow those forum rp'ers to Hell, the only time they sound like they mean something serious is when it is at distance and made in flashy italics and colored writing.

tbh i would think in a zombie apocalypse, if i think i was up there, i would use the radio to flex my ego and my big cock

exceptions are of course people who never seem to die no matter how many bullets enter their skull, that personally for me eliminates some realism and thats why i stick away from radio chatter unless i got some ic stuff to do 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Sam Fields said:

fun fishing GIF

e-excuse me?

I want to yes, only because I honestly no longer like the whole "forum-ic" thing. I want these interactions to be in-game or on some other medium. Dunno.

Heres the thing everyone spawns with a radio we have radio stations PA systems why isn't that being used over a none existing face on the forums that might not even log in for 2-3 days after posting whatever they posted. Imagine turning on your radio and hearing a voice calling for help or someone arguing over a hostages life as we all know people don't really bother with the whole discord thing as it's usually just a waste of time.

Edited by Eagle

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Heres the thing everyone spawns with a radio we have radio stations PA systems why isn't that being used over a none existing face on the forums that might not even log in for 2-3 days after posting whatever they posted. Imagine turning on your radio and hearing a voice calling for help or someone arguing over a hostages life as we all know people don't really bother with the whole discord thing as it's usually just a waste of time.

It'd be nice but sadly we're living in the real world. People hate in-game radio and before you say that is not true... well, I've been using in-game radio for a long time now. Not a single instance when I've heard anyone. Why people are not using them? They prefer to use 3rd party software and there is no way to force them not to. You'd need to literally hack into their computers, delete their communication softwares and prevent them from ever using them. Otherwise, most will just use them because it's easier, more comfortable etc. Also people prefer Radio Forums because they have assurance that the person it's directed towards will eventually see it and respond.

9 minutes ago, Tewudin said:

It'd be nice but sadly we're living in the real world. People hate in-game radio and before you say that is not true... well, I've been using in-game radio for a long time now. Not a single instance when I've heard anyone. Why people are not using them? They prefer to use 3rd party software and there is no way to force them not to. You'd need to literally hack into their computers, delete their communication softwares and prevent them from ever using them. Otherwise, most will just use them because it's easier, more comfortable etc. Also people prefer Radio Forums because they have assurance that the person it's directed towards will eventually see it and respond.

probbalby because ingame radios are broke as fuckkk and dont transmit after a while. you have to constantly turn on and off your radio to recieve/transmit anything, and even then you're lucky it doesn't break. IG radios = 💩

I use to agree that radio section was just unneeded, since the removal of beanz I've noticed the bigdicking has gone down.  Don't think it needs to be removed just ignore the people who mindlessly dogbrain in the threads, they're just doing it for attention imo.

Edited by Xero

18 minutes ago, California said:

probbalby because ingame radios are broke as fuckkk and dont transmit after a while. you have to constantly turn on and off your radio to recieve/transmit anything, and even then you're lucky it doesn't break. IG radios = 💩

That too, I forgot to mention it. I'm constantly turning it on and off because I always fear I'm wasting battery but yeah - people aren't going to use something that is essentially a broken piece of 💩 That's why most of the time when I'm talking about radios with other people they mention their hopes about having Task Force Radio on DayZ one day.

Edited by Tewudin

When the issue is "big dicking", perhaps the solution is clamping down on "big dickers" rather than taking away tools they are abusing? 

I dunno, I still think big dicking is useful to a degree. It helps me see what groups are having conflicts. Even if it appears to be useless information, it can still be useful when used right.

I would enjoy people using IG radios though if they werent so buggy and the distance was maybe extended on them. I was trying to have a conversation with someone just a town over and they kept cutting out so badly.

30 minutes ago, California said:

If you put it on the ground it seems to work better.. but then again being mobile is important and dropping it on the ground to talk kinda defeats the purpose