Server time (UTC): 2019-10-22, 02:09
Sign in to follow this  
groovy cali

Remove Radio Forums

Remove Radio Forums  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As the title says, it provides nothing to the roleplay tbh, and for the few that it actually does, it doesn't seem worth it as compared to the level of just big dicking and shit talk that goes nowhere but on the forums.

If people have issues with eachother IG, then let it stay IG. I can go through the last 4 some pages of radio threads, and only 2 of them seem pertinent and roleplay-oriented.

Just now, Greener161 said:

What about the event radio broadcasts though? 

LORE driving 'radio' threads should be pushed to the thread dedicated to LORE

c74694b16bec054f8f999d47f58d4654.png

Whereas seeing this every day:

tenor.gif

gets fucking old

4 minutes ago, California said:

LORE driving 'radio' threads should be pushed to the thread dedicated to LORE

c74694b16bec054f8f999d47f58d4654.png

Whereas seeing this every day:

tenor.gif

gets fucking old

Fair enough

I agree with this the radio threads that are made are mostly just useless things that add more of the less nothing to anything but I'm cooler then this guy etc.

The insult-throwing (whether this might happen or not "for real") gets somewhat tiresome.

Why does it get tiresome (OOC)? Because the actors that usually do it don't die for real when they die in-game. Not asking for a rule change indirectly here, it's just that the oblast would be barren of life if deaths were permanent. Basically unless the char gets PK'd you tend to pretend you got through deaths or never got into the situation, and for the sake of conflict and progressing a char this might lead to situations where warring factions just talk crap all the time. It might be relevant to the actors or factions at hand, but if you ask me it provides little use to anyone if it turns into a circle jerk.

Yet, I like how useful the forum section can be and sometimes was. Perhaps there is room for compromise or players can simply keep "verbal PVP" to a required minimum instead of letting it repeat.

-User was warned for this Post-

1 hour ago, Falk said:

-User was warned for this Post-

very good argument

But what will I laugh at once it's gone 😞

I personally like actual radio threads and helps with a few things like setting up the summit that we did a month back etc. However, the big dicking and the he said she said that happens does get very old especially when it's from people who won't ever PK if caught after they big dick

Edited by Wong

Some posts made on the radio are pertinent and interesting, but the majority would either be better suited to the stories and journals forum or shouldn't have written in the first place.

Without the radio thread, how's the guy that I just shot in the head going to tell me he's coming for me? 

+1 radio thread hasn't been used decently in a long time. I would like to have it stay but only if it would be heavily moderated so that only relevant and important information is given. Not just anyone and their mom replying on every radio channel

Fully agree ive said about this a few years ago. It provides nothing but flaming and any event radio comms can be done in an announcement or over RCON by a staff member.

Yes please, if people wanna talk big shit, they can do it IC infront of the people they r trash talking, not thousands of mile away on a radio.

I like Radio threads. It keeps things interesting, and it's useful when you want to broadcast information for IC purposes.

+1.

A majority of radio chatters now is just threats and radio warrioring. It gives me a headache to even enter that part of the forums anymore. I tend to not involve myself anymore in anyone but my own radio chatters.

I’d rather have productive radio chatters posted in Stories and Journals.

what you're saying is the equivalent to someone saying "Ban Harry Potter books because I think they are dumb". if you dont like the thread then dont read it lmao. I think the radio is dumb too but just because some people dont like them doesnt mean that everyone feels the same way. I haven't read a radio post in months. It's that easy

I'm split on this topic. As someone who has Discord deinstalled because I dislike that program with a passion, the radio thread might be the best and/or only option to reach out to someone. Even though this is techically also possible through PM's, I guess.

On the other side are a lot of the radio threads just ridicolous and meaningless dickmeasuring contests with little to no meaning for the actual RP on the server. So I have to go with a careful +1 I guess.

6 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

what you're saying is the equivalent to someone saying "Ban Harry Potter books because I think they are dumb". if you dont like the thread then dont read it lmao. I think the radio is dumb too but just because some people dont like them doesnt mean that everyone feels the same way. I haven't read a radio post in months. It's that easy

yes but i dont go up to harry potter in game and go 'i like the fact u shit talked on radio thread //perms to pk or scar?' and '//no'

Just now, California said:

yes but i dont go up to harry potter in game and go 'i like the fact u shit talked on radio thread //perms to pk or scar?' and '//no'

......if you dont want that to happen....maybe, dont post on radio thread

2 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

......if you dont want that to happen....maybe, dont post on radio thread

i dont???

im talking about the men who do

Hard no. Sure, for some they use Radio posts to shit talk one another and waggle their Uber PPs around, but! Alot of us use it as a means to let people know about events that might be coming up, for new people to extend themselves to the community in an IC fashion, for help calls etc..  Forum Radios are fantastic, though I -would- like to see more use of the IG radios, this works out nicely to really reach across the community.. IG radios, are hit or miss because someone has to have actively opened their radio too, to get a message.. 

Also, yeah the shit-talking gets tiresome, but even the boys prone to doing that, also add in alot of IC lore-worthy info.. It lets people understand in a server wide broadcast, who is out to kill whom.. a little bit of drama, keeps things entertaining. 

Edited by Bounty
cus yeah

Just now, California said:

i dont???

im talking about the men who do

I dont understand, you're annoyed with people who take the radio posts in game, when thats literally the point of them. All someone has to do to avoid it is not post. So it would only happen if someone voluntarily caused it to happen. This makes no sense to me im sorry

I more agree with California on this.

The argument of 'Don't post or look at it if you don't like it' isn't very fair. First of all Radio threads is one of the more active parts of the forums. Secondly, if you're in a group/group leader you are basically forced to scan through the radio thread so you know if you need to reply or if a radio broadcast is aimed at your men.

As for the argument California is making, while I think there are more specific reasons against radio threads, 'big-dicking' is definitely an issue. However this issue can also be related to other various things such as 'no fear in dayz', 'no character repercussions', etc. 

Overall, I'll vote to remove it, but I do see some positives in keeping it, and I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

Just now, Gatorr said:

I dont understand, you're annoyed with people who take the radio posts in game, when thats literally the point of them. All someone has to do to avoid it is not post. So it would only happen if someone voluntarily caused it to happen. This makes no sense to me im sorry

no its just that people post big shit talk on the forums but are pussy's ingame and wont let their actions be punished in an IC standpoint other than.

>firefight

>shit talk on radio

>get into another firefight because radio