Server time: 2019-05-21, 19:37
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Group feedback

Group feedback  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey there Sir's / Ma'ams, I have a question. 

And that question is should group feedback be done via PMS, OR on the groups thread. 

Edited by Puncture

Think it should be firstly done in a pm with the group owner but if you dont see improvment or it being taken into consideration at all, surface it and let the owner explain himself on the thread for all to see.

I believe feedback about the group in general, it's performance, what the group does well and what it can improve on, and compliments should be made on the group thread itself. I think taking it to PM's should be if there is a specific situation that a party is not satisfied with. Furthermore, if somebody has a problem with a specific member in the group, whether it be their attitude, state of their RP etc, that should certainly stay in PM's. This is all situational however, and doesn't always apply.

Flamey non-fact based lynchings on threads are fun to read.

Memes aside. Feedback should be public. If the issue is specific PM about it. If it is a larger issue make a blanket post.

If you think it can be solved in a PM just send a PM. 

Feedback is feedback why does it need to be hidden?

However the person leaving feedback prefers to do it. Some don't want to air dirty laundry and keep it as a PM gentle reminder, others want to set a public record of conduct.

If all the feedback given is constructive, there is no problem to begin with. If you want to call out someone/a group of someone for a perceived wrongdoing, that's where PMs would make more sense. Note that you're also free to keep your opinion to yourself.

Posted on group thread, responded through PM (with random staff of sufficient rank overseeing) and, when a resolution to the feedback is given by the group owner, said resolution should be posted as a single response to the feedback on the thread itself so people can see what came of said feedback. 

I'm all for feedback being public.

Feedback should be public.

I've tried talking to people about feedback before and it ends up with their entire roster in one channel giving you shit, very rarely is there one person that comes to 'listen' and 'take it on board'. It's much less hassle to leave feedback public and just reply to the one person when the entire group inevitably gives you their responses.

Feedback about groups in general should be done on their group page but if it's about someone in general then it should be done with PMs.

Last time I PM'd someone feedback about their group they was very dismissive and didn't care so making it public kinda forces them to pay more attention to feedback that's being given. 

/closed upon request