Server time (UTC): 2019-11-16, 22:41
Sign in to follow this  
Chewy

Chernarus Remake mod

Take a look at that spicy mod. And no, I'm not saying "ADD THIS TO DAYZRP" I am fully aware we can't or won't use external mods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/au50mq/chernarus_remake_a_look_at_the_progress/

Please add, Chernarus have never had enough apocalyptic feeling...

Edited by ornberg

2 minutes ago, ornberg said:

Please add, Chernarus have never had enough apocalyptic feeling...

They *can't*!

I KNOW! But i don't care 😉 

This would be the same as adding the winter mod.

I really hope we would do this and not keep the boring map.

If it is just a new map... we did have the winter one. This one looks really cool

I'd love something like this to be added, makes the atmosphere a whole lot better.

This is actually hella cool. Make it happen!

I can imagine this, like the Winter Map, playing havoc on older PC's. Also I can see massive FPS drops during gunfights or when lots of players are collected in these areas. 

Don't get me wrong, it looks amazing and would certainly add a real apocalypse vibe, but I dunno if its worth it.

Add it it will motivate me to play the game

Honestly @Chewy this would make DayZRP feel like an actual apocalypse happened. DayZ has like... half of the things i expect from a rundown society, but the mod you've shown genuinely looks like nature is reclaiming anything and I'd love to see it. It'd immerse me, personally, so much more in the world. 

My only, ONLY issue, is the extra particles everywhere might destroy my PC. That's my only issue. I'd be willing to give it a go though 🙂 

If we were to do a time jump this would be cool .

love it, this is something I was in the middle of doing in my spare time already, and tried to do with the mod, I love the idea, gives it more of a metro vibe 

I have a huge need, it reminds me of a mod I've always included in my Fallout 4 playthroughs.

Those worried about their Pc’s Blowing up, DayZ while not fully optimised it is however in a much more stable and playable position than it was during .62

I would say giving this a go would be great for immersion due to it giving a real apocalyptic feel. Perhaps @Roland could put it on a temporary test server and allow some staff to monitor the performance for those that have high and low end PCs?

+1 to the addition.

Mod isn't even done. Creator himself said it'd take him like 1-2 years to do the whole map. Only the coastal areas are done, it seems. Might draw people to the coast though, so why not.

I say we try... not sure how FPS will be impacted, but overgrowth looks dope.

Yeah, this is absolutely stunning. Would be amazing if the whole thing were complete.

I’d say wait for the mod to be completed then put it on a sort of test server.

Other then that, the mod looks dope and it would bring so much immersion and realism to the server as the time goes by, if it were to be added of course.

+1

Edited by Bailey

It's not on workshop, so...

10 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's not on workshop, so...

It's currently a WIP, he hasn't finished all the towns and cities yet. With a team of developers maybe we can do it ourselves instead of letting one man take on the challenge?

Edited by Finn

Looks dope, would be cool to try out once it's finished and on the workshop.

If you guys actually read the whole reddit post the author said he doesn't think it can handle many players due to the extra items and foliage. We can barely run a 20 v 20 on a test server with no loot and no zeds.

This is also not completed, and he says that it'll take 1 to 2 years to finish and basic stuff like chopping bushes doesn't work. Anybody can add foliage and wrecks or objects and make something cool. That doesn't mean its practical.

- 1 from me