Server time: 2019-03-24, 05:42 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 11 hours, 17 minutes
Finn

Chat alerts.

Chat alerts  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's been the 20th time I've puked because my stomach was too full.

A few patches ago before we had this new fancy hud most of our alerts were communicated through the chat, like "I'm starving", "I'm feeling stuffed", "I'm shaking". I believe these things should be added back, or at least the stuffed alert so I'm not puking and till I starve again.

Let me know what you think, I'm sure a lot of you are growing tired of puking especially with how rare food is.

How is this an issue? 

I have not puked once for eating too much...

Just do not eat too much? 

A logo shows up in hud if you drink too much and eat on top of it... thats when you have to stop and "digest" before eating more.

Edited by Shanoby

4 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

How is this an issue? 

I have not puked once for eating too much...

Just do not eat too much? 

A logo shows up in hud if you drink too much and eat on top of it... thats when you have to stop and "digest" before eating more.

Has constantly been happening to me and the people I RP with.

How can you not eat too much if you don't know how full you are?

If that logo appears, I throw up 100% of the time.

May be sickness related but 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Veryniceperson said:

Has constantly been happening to me and the people I RP with.

How can you not eat too much if you don't know how full you are?

If that logo appears, I throw up 100% of the time.

Well I am really starting to think I need to make a guide for eating and dealing with the infected guide ^^ 

Somehow stuff that works seems huge issue for some. Interesting...

All I can say is, RP your eating and just do not stuff your character 🙂

7 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Well I am really starting to think I need to make a guide for eating and dealing with the infected guide ^^ 

Somehow stuff that works seems huge issue for some. Interesting...

All I can say is, RP your eating and just do not stuff your character 🙂

Calm down with that dig, no need to start something.

The bigger issue is sickness, eating isn't much of an issue when the apple is full, so are you. Sickness however, means I'm chowing down on cans of food every 2-5 minutes.

HUD seems to be v laggy atm, wouldn't mind having some chat messages that I could turn on or off at will just to help out when the HUD is struggling.

1 hour ago, Mexi said:

Calm down with that dig, no need to start something.

The bigger issue is sickness, eating isn't much of an issue when the apple is full, so are you. Sickness however, means I'm chowing down on cans of food every 2-5 minutes.

Sorry, was not digging... I just feel I am playing different game is all...

But yeah... cannot comment on eating with sickness... but as I understand that is different issue.

When you sick you puke even when you drink or eat .. cos stomach cannot hold food.

But as I understand that is not what OP is talikng about.

A simple solution to not puking is just eating wait a bit for the food/water to go up then eat/drink again if needed, don't really see a need for the notifications as the hud provides all the details needed.

I'm all for having the chat messages back instead of my screen filled with this HUD shite. It just makes my screen look messy.

I would love to see the messages back so that I can be alerted if I'm hungry, thirsty, stuffed or sick because this new HUD we've got right now is just not working much for me. We should also have the status bars back in the Inventory too.

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm all for having the chat messages back instead of my screen filled with this HUD shite. It just makes my screen look messy.

I would love to see the messages back so that I can be alerted if I'm hungry, thirsty, stuffed or sick because this new HUD we've got right now is just not working much for me. We should also have the status bars back in the Inventory too.

You can toggle it on and off if you like.

Dean Hall never wanted the HUD system, he wanted you to get the information you needed about your status effects and everything through your 'conscious' - the chat messages. The HUD system works against this idea but I like the idea of the chat messages for details regarding health status and the HUD for quick information.

1 minute ago, Aisling said:

Dean Hall never wanted the HUD system, he wanted you to get the information you needed about your status effects and everything through your 'conscious' - the chat messages. The HUD system works against this idea but I like the idea of the chat messages for details regarding health status and the HUD for quick information.

Dean Hall also wanted a working game by the end of 2015, that didn’t go to plan at all lmao, while the game is more on the hardcore survival side I think he forgot the main point, it’s still a game.

easiest way to understand the in game stuff is if the apple is full, so is your character, stop eating. Same goes for the water bottle.

Saying that though, the game is nowhere near perfect so anything to assist with the shit the BI devs are unable to do I’m all for.

Posted (edited)

I know this is a game, but Jesus Christ, a lot of people seems to want to make it easier for themselves. It’s simple, either eat the food or don’t. You shouldn’t need a 3rd source to tell your full. If you can’t carry the thing you want and need to make space, toughen up a loose the food. You’ll find more.

Edited by HavocHound