Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:01
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Major Tom

Crashes

Question

Major Tom    91

Every now and then, sometimes often sometimes not, my game randomly crashes. I can go for hours with no crash some times but can only go minutes without a crash at others.

I'll just be walking along minding my own business then BAM, game goes kaput. Everything freezes, forcing me to ctrl+alt+del back to desktop to be faced with "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead has stopped responding".

This can be both good and bad. The other night my game crashed whilst I was a passenger of a car. A car that blew up right after I crashed, so I was the sole survivor. A few nights before, I had a headshot lined up on a guy robbing my friend and right as I click left mouse button, game crashes.

I've tried basically every trick in the book. I need more tricks, because I'm sick of making my clan friends wait for me as I slowwwwly rejoing the server after each crash.

19 answers to this question

Caeldon    1

Do you get any error messages or anything like that? Maybe something in Event Viewer?

Also do you run the optional mods at all?

Sky    1

Does it happen in any other games?

Glenn    10

Format c:/

:)

Such a troll!

Is your arma updated?

And is the DayZRP up to date?

And also check when you are playing if you CPU usage of Memory is full.

Major Tom    91

No error messages, other than one that I get when I start the game saying "No entry 'C:/Useres/Tom/Documents/ArmA2/ArmA2OA.cfg.3D_Performance'. I can just click 'ok' though and the game runs anyways. This is a new error also, only started happening a few days ago but the crashes have been forever.

Does not happen in most games. I tried playing Far Cry 3 earlier and it crashes in a similar way. TF2 used to do it a lot. It's mostly just ArmA now though.

Yes Arma is updated. DayZRP is up to date too.

I'll make a note to check my CPU memory usage next time I play

Glenn    10

I don't know what your computer spects are, just check it if the performance is oke.

Samson    0

I used to get this, what you have to do is go into C:\Users\ Andrew Davidson\Documents\ArmA 2 (in your case it will be Tom instead of andrew), then delete your config file. the message is something to do with your 3D settings. after you do this you will unfortunately have to reset your settings but you should still be good to go.

Major Tom    91

I used to get this, what you have to do is go into C:\Users\ Andrew Davidson\Documents\ArmA 2 (in your case it will be Tom instead of andrew), then delete your config file. the message is something to do with your 3D settings. after you do this you will unfortunately have to reset your settings but you should still be good to go.

I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Here's hoping I can finally fly helicopters without fear of dissappearing mid flight

Major Tom    91

yeah, let me know if it worked.

Just messed about in the showcase missions, satchel charging the UN lol. Was working for a while but I still crashed :(

Samson    0

Have you got up to date Graphics drivers? if not make sure you have them up to date as that could be what is causing your crashes.

Major Tom    91

Have you got up to date Graphics drivers? if not make sure you have them up to date as that could be what is causing your crashes.

I think I'm up to date, but I may update again just incase.

Tomeran    3

Sounds like the most likely cause for a problem of this nature.

I had a similar issue once, but after I dusted off my computer and updated drivers it worked like a charm.

Let us know if you notice any improvements.

Major Tom    91

Sounds like the most likely cause for a problem of this nature.

I had a similar issue once, but after I dusted off my computer and updated drivers it worked like a charm.

Let us know if you notice any improvements.

Yeah, turns out I'm an idiot. I checked what my latest graphic driver was and it was from MONTHS ago. Many many months. Turns out I've not been installing the newer drivers correctly, LOL! Updated now, and I just flew around in a littlebird on armory with no crashes yet (excluding littlebird, RIP). Let's hope this continues.

Thanks for the help, all! I'll make another post if my computer decides to still be annoying and crash :S

Major Tom    91

Worked for about a day, now the crashes are back... with bluescreens :(

Major Tom    91

What graphics card do you have?

AMD Radeon HD 6900

Tortov    0

You may have faulty memory, find a RAM test software, and run it to confirm that the issue isn't RAM related, as computer crashes with BSOD errors are usually caused by bad RAM.

Major Tom    91

You may have faulty memory, find a RAM test software, and run it to confirm that the issue isn't RAM related, as computer crashes with BSOD errors are usually caused by bad RAM.

Right, I'll work on that then. I'm on my laptop atm so I can't do shit right now. Tomorrow morning, fingers crossed for a fixed computer <3