Server time: 2019-03-26, 17:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

Logitech G430 Mic

Ok, so I have a Logitech g430 and I'm having mic issues. My mic is quiet and i tried to download the Logitech software, but it doesn't recognize my mic, even when i plug i the USb adapter. Anyone know how to fix/properly set up this mic?

9 minutes ago, shipwreck117 said:

Ok, so I have a Logitech g430 and I'm having mic issues. My mic is quiet and i tried to download the Logitech software, but it doesn't recognize my mic, even when i plug i the USb adapter. Anyone know how to fix/properly set up this mic?

I use the same mic, and had the same problem with low volume.

However, I just downloaded the software and ran it, and it went no problem. I'm not sure whats keeping yours from recognizing it. When you check your device manager, do you see it appearing?

Mine shows up as 'Microphone (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset) and Speakers (Logitech G430 Gaming Headset) underneath of 'Audio inputs and outputs' tab.

Alternatively, if you go to your control panel -> Hardware and Sound - > Sound, you can see it under recording.

When I open that tab, underneath the Microphone Properties window there is a 'Logitech Gaming' tab, and inside there is a quick link to open the software. See if that is on yours too?

It's not showing up as either under the control panel or task manager. I have it plugged into the soundcard atm and it works, but I have to boost my volume on discord, shadow play, etc

Have you installed the firmware update for it?

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset/downloads#

Try getting the firmware, and see if it helps you to have it get recognized.

If its working at all, it /has/ to be under your device manager somewhere. Its just probably only showing up with some generic ID or something of the sort. Manually installing the drivers then ordering it to use those could help get around it.

I had the same issue a couple of times with my different Logitech headsets. 

One time, it was as simple as plugging the USB adapter into a different USB port.

The other time just took a lot of messing around with it. Turn your headset off completely, unplug the USB adapter, plug it back in, turn your headset on again.

I'd do a clean install of the drivers too, just to be safe. 

i downloaded the firmware update and the gaming software, and it wont even open. Its in the control panel and task manager as 'logitech gaming framework' but it is not actually opening up. no error messages or anything either.

As for the firmware update, I download it and then it says to connect the device. Ive tried plugging it in the sound card and then in the USB ports via the adapters. Nothing

Edited by shipwreck117

23 minutes ago, shipwreck117 said:

i downloaded the firmware update and the gaming software, and it wont even open. Its in the control panel and task manager as 'logitech gaming framework' but it is not actually opening up. no error messages or anything either.

As for the firmware update, I download it and then it says to connect the device. Ive tried plugging it in the sound card and then in the USB ports via the adapters. Nothing

Yeah, sounds like pretty common Logitech issues since I've had the same things happen to me.

Head to task manager and force close the Logitech software. Unplug all of your Logitech stuff including keyboard/mouse if you have Logitech ones. Open the software, plug them in and see how it goes.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software completely and do the same as above, plug your products back in and see if that fixes anything.

If you are having issues with Logitech equipment and the gaming software program, I would recommend possibly trying to uninstall the Logitech Gaming Software program, and installing the beta version of Logitech G Hub. It is essentially going to be their replacement software program for all your Logitech hardware and it has much more control than the Logitech Gaming Software program, which could allow you to possibly fix your issue.

19 hours ago, Hunter said:

---

I downloaded G hub and it doesnt recognize that I have it plugged in. Ive tried plugging it into the soundcard as well as the usb dongle

Using the headphone/mic cables directly won't work, IIRC.

You need to use the dongle for it to be recognized, however I'm not sure why that didn't work for you. Did you try using it in a different USB port?

Just now, shipwreck117 said:

Yep. Idk why the dongle isnt working

Watch your device manager, have it open. When you plug in the dongle it should 'refresh' and show you what it comes up as. It might be something like 'Generic Sound Device' or 'Unrecognized Device' but SOMETHING should show up. If nothing does, it means the dongle itself is probably broken...

I know you said you were using it and the mic was low, but were you using it with the dongle or with the cables plugged right into the sound card?

I used to use the G430, but after a load of issues I gave up on it. If nothing above is working, I suppose it's safe to assume it's a hard-ware issue. You may have warranty if it was purchased recently and you should check the box/receipt for any information on that. 

To be honest, I've never really been satisfied with Logitech headphones. Right now, I'm running a Logitech G933, but it has constant hardware and software issues that require tomfoolery with the battery to fix or a reset. This is especially disappointing after having similar issues with another set of Logitech headphones.

If it was me, I'd stay away from Logitech headphones.

12 hours ago, Xavier said:

-

Yea, I guess I have to deal with it until I can get another one. It's nothing I cant work with, but I wish it could be better. Anyone have any ideas for a fairly inexpensive and reliable headset then?