Server time: 2019-05-26, 22:10
Sign in to follow this  
shipwreck117

Moving and Open Inventory

Moving and Open Inventory  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so fairly simple question. Should we add back the option to move and tab into our inventory? 

Some reasons against this may be things like immersion and balance and what-not. Yea you may not be able to reach into your back pack while running or walking, but surely you can reach into your pockets and vest right? Your in a fight and you need to reload. Why shouldn't you be able to tab while running and reach into your vest? What if you are being chased by our not-so-balanced super zombies and you need to reload or even drop your backpack so you can run faster? I personally would like the option to do this so that I could organize my inventory while making long treks after a loot run. What are the opinions of the community? 

Nah it's fine as it is.

Would love to see this modded. AfaIk it was only changed because it wasn't possible to do both at the same time on consoles.

I think there is a mod that allows it tho

I support this message. Seriously useful when going long distances so you dont have to keep stopping.

Edited by Highlander

Would love to see this back. In reality, you would be able to go through your backpack whilst jogging.

Yes please, fucking sucks to halt people just because you need to take out a bottle or something.

Even if you consider riffling through your pack while moving unrealistic, the quality of life it provides is much more desirable than the ''immersion''. 

Besides I need something to do while running through a field for 5 minutes.

Always nice to kill time by organizing you inventory while running across the map.

I'm all for adding this back +1

I would love to see a mechanic where you are able to access your pocket and vest whilst moving, but you'd have to stand still to access your backpack. Would add some more depth as to where you what put what items and what to keep in your backpack.

I miss being able to move and play Tetris

The mod is Inventory Plus. As of a couple of weeks ago it has a bug whereas one cannot use the emote wheel or F buttons intermittently. It screwed up a few other clothing mods (on inventory slots) as well.

Edited by Ansolari

3 minutes ago, Ansolari said:

The mod is Inventory Plus. As of a couple of weeks ago it has a bug whereas one cannot use the emote wheel or F buttons intermittently. It screwed up a few other clothing mods (on inventory slots) as well.

Perhaps our own dev team could add this change?

Yes please. I'd love to see this become a thing for the server.

Truth be told, I liked the concept of not being able to look at your gear when you're moving, at first. However, after all these months, I want it back. 

However, if the devs plan to manipulate the inventory system, it would be nice if they could allow a "drag and drop" mechanic that allows the player to manipulate items to their surroundings. I have seen community mods that allow the player to drag the item from their inventory, unto the screen of where they are looking, and the item would drop where the cursor is released, than the item dropping directly below the player.

While they do this, it would be nice if we could rotate items in our inventory. So we can fit say, an assault rifle vertically instead of horizontally in a backpack capable of doing so. Also, It wouldn't hurt to go over item-sizes to balancing shit out. I find it annoying cooking tripods can't fit in any backpack now (except alice), and other various items.

Edited by CamoRP

Bring it back fellas.

I miss roleplaying having my bag on my chest and organizing my cans of beans.

After playing Metro Exodus, I've started to appreciate stopping to look into your backpack. Sometimes it really doesn't make sense to be able to do everything while sprinting. But, hey, quality of life and all that.

My personal opinion is to keep it as it is, wouldn't mind that. But I see why people would want it back the way it was.