Server time: 2019-03-23, 23:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 17 hours, 16 minutes
Sign in to follow this  
Para

Kamensk Radiation and Victims

Might sound like an odd question, but lets say my group of 3 lads all have the needed protective gear to go into kamensk, but we have a hostage. If we want to expose him to that radioactive harm, is that fine and if so, what would they be required to actually RP out?

(Think this would relate to powergaming IF a rulebreak, a thought that crossed my mind).

Wouldn’t it be powergaming straight up though because they’ll have to perm their character, making this action not allowed unless ooc permission is given? 

Edited by Wong

Radiation sickness, but the main part of the compound is usually fine. 

From speaking to Major about this the only place that is still heavily radiated is the pit. If they agreed to the sickness, yes. They should RP it out. If not that could be considered powergaming.

Edited by Mexi

Seeing how they'd have to roleplay out having radiation poisoning, you'd have to ask OOC permission to do so.

Follow up question to Para's. We take someone hostage in Kamensk and they are not wearing radioactive equipment and we attempted to force that upon them saying they're going to get sick and die, would that either be BadRP or Powergame from the hostage's side if they choose to not follow through with that? 

Ty for the answers btw, a thought that had just crossed my mind o7 

4 minutes ago, Smoke said:

Follow up question to Para's. We take someone hostage in Kamensk and they are not wearing radioactive equipment and we attempted to force that upon them saying they're going to get sick and die, would that either be BadRP or Powergame from the hostage's side if they choose to not follow through with that? 

It would be neither because what happens to the character is up to them, however it would make em a bad sport. 

1 minute ago, Mexi said:

It would be neither because what happens to the character is up to them, however it would make em a bad sport. 

But they're in a radiated zone not playing off the effects of obvious radiation? 

1 minute ago, Smoke said:

But they're in a radiated zone not playing off the effects of obvious radiation? 

Ideally the situation would have been agreed upon by both parties prior so that power gaming wouldn't be a thing.

That's probably a question for a GM to answer, but it's likely going to be the same as I said before.

Edited by Mexi

1 minute ago, Mexi said:

Ideally the situation would have been agreed upon by both parties prior so that power gaming wouldn't be a thing.

So it's not powergame to stroll into Kamensk and play off that they're fine and that they don't need a hazard suit? 

2 minutes ago, Smoke said:

So it's not powergame to stroll into Kamensk and play off that they're fine and that they don't need a hazard suit? 

43 minutes ago, Mexi said:

From speaking to Major about this the only place that is still heavily radiated is the pit. If they agreed to the sickness, yes. They should RP it out. If not that could be considered powergaming.

Whether the underlined is still confirmed or not, that's up to @Major.

Edited by Mexi

Just now, Mexi said:

Whether the underlined is still confirmed or not, that's up to @Major.

Well, up to Rolle. If I see someone in the middle of radiation without a suit, then I'll enforce the current lore we have behind Kamensk. If they decide to be macho man and say that they're immune to radiation or of the sort, i'll chuck up a report for powergaming the fact that the lore behind the military base doesn't apply to them. It's either BadRP or Powergame depending on how you look. 

Well, up to Rolle. If I see someone in the middle of radiation without a suit, then I'll enforce the current lore we have behind Kamensk. If they decide to be macho man and say that they're immune to radiation or of the sort, i'll chuck up a report for powergaming the fact that the lore behind the military base doesn't apply to them. It's either BadRP or Powergame depending on how you look. 

/shrug Major did the lore for the area but ight.

Situations vary. Difficult to say without full knowledge on the current state of Kamensk.

Edited by Mexi

39 minutes ago, Smoke said:

I think the whole issues is rather complicated because until we get a mod or something for it the whole radiation thing is basically the lore powergaming the whole server. Your hostage not roleplaying out the effects would indeed be BadRP, but then again I assume most new players might not even be aware of the whole radiation issue. A group trying to force the effects of it would also technically be powergaming since the rule goes: image.png

and you would be forcing a condition on someone when the game mechanics don't allow it.

5 minutes ago, Osku-chan said:

I think the whole issues is rather complicated because until we get a mod or something for it the whole radiation thing is basically the lore powergaming the whole server. Your hostage not roleplaying out the effects would indeed be BadRP, but then again I assume most new players might not even be aware of the whole radiation issue. A group trying to force the effects of it would also technically be powergaming since the rule goes: image.png

and you would be forcing a condition on someone when the game mechanics don't allow it.

So please answer this. Will I receive BadRP if I go into Kamensk without a hazard suit? And no, it wouldn't be forcing a condition as such, i'd be enforcing the lore. Just like going around saying that Chernarus isn't an island, Kamensk is a heavily radiated zone. 

Edited by Smoke

Just now, Smoke said:

So please answer this. Will I received BadRP if I go into Kamensk without a hazard suit? And no, it wouldn't be forcing a condition as such, i'd be enforcing the lore. Just like going around saying that Chernarus isn't an island, Kamensk is a heavily radiated zone. 

COuld easily be thought of in terms of NVFL, BadRP etc. If somebody is in there and RP's out no injury despite lack of proper equipment I could see it being BadRP, or if done intentionally NVFL. But that's my thoughts on it.

1 minute ago, Para said:

COuld easily be thought of in terms of NVFL, BadRP etc. If somebody is in there and RP's out no injury despite lack of proper equipment I could see it being BadRP, or if done intentionally NVFL. But that's my thoughts on it.

Eh, with NVFL it would mean actually dying in-game so you can't really use that since by game mechanics, they're still alive. 

Just now, Smoke said:

Eh, with NVFL it would mean actually dying in-game so you can't really use that since by game mechanics, they're still alive. 

I see your point but if we're enforcing the effects of the radiation zone, they'd be dead straight up. Or dead shortly after so their actions would, if we follow the correct lore, cause their death. That was my thinking.

So please answer this. Will I received BadRP if I go into Kamensk without a hazard suit? And no, it wouldn't be forcing a condition as such, i'd be enforcing the lore. Just like going around saying that Chernarus isn't an island, Kamensk is a heavily radiated zone. 

I think it would depend heavily on the case. We recently had a group residing in there and most of them didn't use the proper equipment at first so what we did was contact them to inform them that they must wear the equipment and then monitor them every now and then to see that they followed the instructions. If someone who knew that they should have the equipment intentionally went in there without it and someone would  report them for it, in my opinion they should be hit with BadRP and possibly NVFL. What comes to the other party trying to force the effects on them,  it would definitely fall under powergaming in my opinion. Yes, you would be "enforcing the lore" but as I said, that part of the lore is basically powergaming the whole playerbase at the moment since there is no actual effects to going to the base without the equipment.

I wrote the sicknesses that were obtained by standing there for at least 2 hours. If you want I can try and do some research again to list the sicknesses of what happens via certain time. (It took me 8hours alone to figure out with Lemons and Dino how long the exposure did via harm wise).

It may take a bit but I can discuss with @Major. I’m sure he’d like to venture on our mathematics 😉 

But yes, I’d consider it BadRP just to wander up there without any proper gear to protect yourself. Unless you’re going to permadeath your character there. But again i’d have to calculate how long it takes and what happens as a repercussion 

35 minutes ago, Osku-chan said:

Yes, you would be "enforcing the lore" but as I said, that part of the lore is basically powergaming the whole playerbase at the moment since there is no actual effects to going to the base without the equipment.

Just because there isn’t something there, doesn’t mean it can’t be enforced. Otherwise what’s the point in calling this place a Roleplay Community yano?

Keep this in mind.

That base was radioactive enough for two CDF units to use it for two decades without any real signs of sickness. After all, nobody went to the riverbed or the pit for extended periods. 

What kills you is biological agent leaking from underground that turns you if you don't have protective gear.

30 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Just because there isn’t something there, doesn’t mean it can’t be enforced. Otherwise what’s the point in calling this place a Roleplay Community yano?

I never said you cant enforce it. I even shared an example of the staff team enforcing it.

Didn't even know this was still a thing. 
Unless they place an actual radioactive zone there I see no real reason to force this upon people.

If enough people have a problem with it just create a poll and whine enough about it on Discord and I'm sure rolle will remove it.