Server time: 2019-03-22, 17:22 WE ARE RECRUITING

Okay, so this isn't too clear to me currently.

Many groups use things like teamspeak and separate discord servers to communicate long distances and OOC, which is fine.

But is it allowed to use those to chat if there is another person present IC that isn't in said private chat room?

For example:

• Me and my 2 friends are in teamspeak talking and a random IC comes over to chat
  • We continue talking in the teamspeak and in game so we can say things that the random will not be able to hear.

If it is allowed, why? It takes out realism to be able to do that and relates to rule 2.3 as people will make call outs in teamspeak. Surely all IC communication should be done in-game for realism sake and better immersion?

Thanks for your help,

Viking

4 minutes ago, VikingHunter said:

Surely all IC communication should be done in-game for realism sake and better immersion?

That is correct. However the rule that specifically required everyone to communicate in game at all times was removed, it was too difficult to enforce and was not necessarily needed in all situations. Instead, the general behavior of prioritizing OOC over IC in terms of activity, goals and communication is considered bad RP and that includes situations where people disregard IC communications and instead communicate OOC to detriment of RP or gaining unfair advantage.

In the end, there is no way for us to monitor or even disallow people from using 3rd party communications, we have no control over that.