Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 14:06 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Lori

Mentor Program | Apply Today! | Accepting Mentors & Students

Friendly, visually appealing and well set out page, also a very nice idea - nice to see there are people out there willing to support members of the community.

@LoriThank you, thank you.... Thank you.... THANK YOU! THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Seriously, thank you... I have been wanting the mentor program return as well... I brought it up in private conversations, threads, status updates, etc. many times the last couple months especially. I have yet to sit down and motivate myself enough to think it through. I feel like the Mentor Program could eventually be used a "rehab" program, instead of just receiving warning points, for repeat offenders that would be required to speak and go through a roleplay lesson with a Mentor before being allowed to play again. This could keep the BadRP reports down. As well as essentially reduce the number of rule-breaks, to those who are new. If you may have noticed, a majority of player who are involved in reports, tend to be player who were recently white-listed, and have less than 100 hours in-game, I think we need a change, to help grow the community, and guide new players to the right path.

I am happy someone is taking it serious enough, and truly wishes to assist members with their roleplay and other issues related. Thank you.

Edited by CamoRP

Hell yeah, time to help the community

Super excited to see this come back.

Best of luck!

Not sure if this is approved by @Roland or not but however good luck with it. 

Edited by Falk

2 hours ago, Falk said:

Not sure if this is approved by @Roland or not but however good luck with it. 

Idk why a community ran and operated mentor program needs staff approval. I imagine they don’t have an issue with it either, considering its nothing but good for the community..

and who knows. Perhaps Kamenici takes on one of these mentors and trains them in the art of being a monkey 🐒  😛 

12 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Idk why a community ran and operated mentor program needs staff approval.

Old MP had a staff liaison, its not unprecedented to have staff on board.

14 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Old MP had a staff liaison, its not unprecedented to have staff on board.

Not saying staff shouldn’t be apart of it, but I don’t think Roland has to direct give approval for something like this. I think, as long as it’s within rules, and no bullshit drama sparks from it, should be fine 🙂

41 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Not saying staff shouldn’t be apart of it, but I don’t think Roland has to direct give approval for something like this. I think, as long as it’s within rules, and no bullshit drama sparks from it, should be fine 🙂

Only reason I can think of is if it clashes with the old MP, though I doubt that will occur. Either that or quality control.

I will mentor, I am prepared to show new RPers the ways of the Jedi

Student here

Preferred Nickname: King

Roleplay Experience: 2 years of solid gameplay, played basically every available type of character, some more than others. 

Noticeable Bans or Warnings: 4 cases of major warnings, 9 cases of minor warnings, 1 permanent removal, final warning. 

I will add that I have never had a case of failRP or badRP. I am nothing but professional during and after roleplay. Most of the major cases (aside from one) were not my fault and were typically from me having to forcibly leave a roleplay situation from outside factors. 

What is it that you wish to learn:

Just want to run back into some RP and make some new friends. Hell, maybe I'll learn something new along the way. 

If anyone wants to roleplay with me, feel free to pm me. 

Edited for @Phoenix

Double-checked your post, didn't need to tag you, sorry, I can't seem to remove the tag on my phone, apologies. 

//ignore

Edited by Click

Good to see someone is trying to fill those enormous shoes once again. Good luck @Lori

I remember when this first became a thing all those years ago. I've only just came back and to see that this programme was no longer a thing sucked. But in seeing it making a come back is incredible. This programme has helped so many people over the years, @Buddy really did put his heart and soul into making DayzRP a more enjoying experience for everybody within the community! So excited to see this make a comeback and i urge people who need help to get involved, the mentor programme is so so helpful!

We desperately need this. Thank you.

A mentor program again? Do I get a shiny cool badge?..

@Lori, got back from Amnesty so dont know if im allowed to join.

I am a great teacher though. 

giphy.gif

(What I think after my amnesty)

On 2/20/2019 at 5:07 PM, Click said:

Student here

Preferred Nickname: King

Roleplay Experience: 2 years of solid gameplay, played basically every available type of character, some more than others. 

Noticeable Bans or Warnings: Currently on final warning and I have a permanent place on the 'scoreboard of shame' or whatever its called. Somewhere around 100 warning points, that's not even counting the old forums I think

What is it that you wish to learn:

I don't want to learn anything. Well maybe, you never know. I just want to get back into roleplay I guess. I miss it. I don't know how that will work with a 24/7 girlfriend and my studies, but hell, I'll fit it around somehow. 

If anyone wants to roleplay with me, feel free to pm me. 

This mentor program is designed to specifically help and encourage new roleplayers. If you're just looking for a group, then apply to a group and play with them. 
This should only be used if people want to actually learn something, especially newcomers.

Good luck with this I can see it that it is needed. Remember that if you get it approved by the big man that to keep in contact with him so he can give you guys the mentor tags. This was a great benefit when I was a mentor in buddy's program as new players could identify who to contact if they wanted help from someone in the program.

Application sent twice over. The mentor program has been an unalloyed boon for this community in the past and I am glad to see someone step-up to the task. With a roleplayer of your calibre at the helm, I am convinced of the success of this undertaking. Feel free to let me know should you require assistance in any way.

1 hour ago, Phoenix said:

This mentor program is designed to specifically help and encourage new roleplayers. If you're just looking for a group, then apply to a group and play with them. 
This should only be used if people want to actually learn something, especially newcomers.

I know that @Click might have worded it a bit confusing but if someone is looking for support on their way back into rp , the person should be good to contact the mentors, imo. Also it states mentors are down to help whitenames as well as old members.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:16 AM, Lori said:

fzQMWRJ.png

Students can be new or old members of the DayzRP community.

I agree with @Ron on this one. He hasn't Rp'd for a few years and imo should be allowed to use the service but ofc thats down to you guys

Have any mentors been selected yet?

Edited by GaryCash

STUDENT:  Jack Hinton

Preferred Nickname: IC Jack  OOC Tony

Roleplay Experience: 2 months but in those 2 months I have had just a couple of incounters and they were brief somewhat because Jack Looloo and their niece annie aokley

Noticeable Bans or Warnings: None

What is it that you wish to learn: I'm Just very Nervous at times Because of my lack of knowledge and dont know how to react. some is just not sure what to say to keep the conversation active because I dont know them and some of that could stem from me in real life I'm a quiet man in RL. and some time it just feels weird the IC and OOC reactions to say playing out injuries and sicknesses. so LooLoo and me have been roaming around haven't been hiding have made a camp a place to call home. we go into towns I have even been to NWAF by myself cause LooLoo doesn't like conflict at all She barely knows how to fire a weapon. So over all id say I'm trying I just dont know if the other side of the RP has been happy.  TY