Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 02:39
Sign in to follow this  

Greetings

Tell people about myself? Hmmmm …. I am a chef. I love cooking. I can cook almost anything but I specialize in flame or char cooking, grill cooking. Steaks and well cuts of seafood are really my favorite. I enjoy gaming and computers … really anything electronic to a point. I started playing games on the Atari 2600. Yes I am old, 45 to be honest. My first computer was a Commodore 64, but it really wasn't a very good computer. It was more of a open source gaming console. My first real computer was an IBM Personal Computer. 

IBM_PC_5150-780x564.jpg.2ffdf882cbe284123b4a74fe62cc47ac.jpg

One night the telephone line that was connected to the external modem was struck by lightning a couple blocks away and it fried my computer. I ended up rebuilding it but I was disappointed because I had to use clone replacement parts. IBM had stopped making parts for this machine by then. Since I had to use cloned parts when I would turn the machine on from then on it never showed the IBM logo.

I like Science Fiction. Fantasy SciFi  is more accurate. Ever seen The Shannara Chronicles? I read the books. Remember Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I read the books. Eragon? Yea read all those too. Funny thing is I have tried my hardest to read Game of Thrones but I can't get past the first paragraph much less the first chapter. It could have something to do with Butter's view on GoT. Just kidding. I haven't watched any of the show yet. I figured that if I can't get past the first page of the book why would I enjoy watching the series. I am a big Star Trek and Star Wars fan. I don't dress up in character costumes and go to conventions. I would go to the conventions but not dress up. I have played Star Trek Online but I quit sometime ago. That game has lost its connection with Star Trek in my opinion. Everytime I log onto that game anymore I look around at the ships near my ship and it looks like I am watching the show Babylon 5. I hardly saw Federation starships anywhere anymore. I would still be playing Star Wars The Old Republic but it is no longer Free to Play and I just haven't gotten around to renewing my subscription.

I used to play AD&D (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for those who don't know). I did have several classes of characters, but there was just one that I favored the most. My druid. I ended up leveling him enough to get his status high enough that he was assigned a large sacred grove of his own to protect, which I believe was around level 15. That doesn't sound like a lot but trust me it is a lot of leveling. Years of gaming, hours and hours of role playing.

I am currently looking to get back into DayZ again. The problem I have been having lately is that IT IS SOOOO BORING ALONE. I end of up following the same path every sever I log onto and I never see a soul … ever. This is only counting my gaming time since the 1.0 update. I saw one person at the edge of the NWAF once but it was a instant fire fight because he was camping the tents on the NW end of the runway and I had stumbled upon his camping spot. I lost the fight but he had ruined gear and was gonna have to patch and heal up.

Well, I hope to get Whitelisted soon so I can get in game and starting giving my character a life.

hello

Welcome to the community man, I didn’t know there was AD&D but then again I’ve never actually played normal D&D so eh

Welcome again hope you enjoy your stay 

haha..420....

welcome to the community hope to see u around 

Edited by Melvin

aye there hows it going

Hello everyone, was hoping to get whitelisted before my days off rolled around but …. still waiting.

You know every so often I'm amazed a username wasn't taken...

Welcome to the community.

1 hour ago, 420 said:

Hello everyone, was hoping to get whitelisted before my days off rolled around but …. still waiting.

someone whitelist this man

we need more adults on this server

:^)

Welcome to the community, 420! I appreciate the name muchly!

Always happy to welcome another Star Trek AND Star Wars fan! Need to ask though, you a Star Trek: Discovery fan? Hope you enjoy your stay here dude!

Join the good fight!

537534761_JoinTheSRDToday.png.1fb8af5515148f74c07271a7c6d1c9f1.png

Hello and welcome to the community!

Welcome! So I should start watching the Shannara chronicles? Starwars, Star trek, Lotr❤️