Server time: 2019-03-21, 18:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
VincentHaris

Vincent Haris - Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/94924-hit-by-a-car-made-no-effort-to-stop/?tab=comments#comment-1746197

Why the verdict is not fair: "it's your responsibility to not kill any pedestrians so we advise you to drive slower and safer next time." I do agree that it is my responsibility to not kill pedestrians but it also the responsibility of the pedestrian to be aware of on-coming traffic when entering the roadway. The man had entered the road and stood in the dead center facing away from me. I was traveling at a speed of at least 90km/h and there was a hill leading up to the bridge which obstructed my vision of anything on the bridge. I had tried breaking but I had no ability to swerve to evade hitting him due to the width of the bridge. In addition to this, there are no active laws in Chernarus regarding speed limits.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: N/A

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: To get unbanned and possibly the points removed.

What could you have done better?: Swerved into the bridge possibly avoiding the man standing there but risking killing 4 of us in the car.

Hello VincentHaris, 

A team of staff have reviewed this appeal and have come to a conclusion. 

After looking into it again, we still deem the punishment fair. You were driving at 90km/h which is very fast for a car and state yourself that you could not see what was over the hill so you should've slowed down, as you would in real life. As the driver of the car, you are responsible for your actions and for the speed of the car. You clearly were going way to fast and couldn't handle it so you should've slowed down. As you were going way too fast, you killed someone. Due to this, your appeal will be denied. 

Appeal Denied | Points & Ban Stay

Signed by myself with notes