S1 Pavlovo Military Base, Invalid Kill Rights, Not time to comply 02/17/2018

Server and location: S1 Pavlovo Military Base

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 02/17/2018  2217 CST

Your in game name: Marr Adler

Names of allies involved: Charles Davis and Chris Ford

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: Charles Davis, Chris Ford and I were just entering Pavlovo Military Compound from the North west to South East road.  We had just engaged some infected by the guard shack and were falling back to the guard shack when two players came running down the road with guns drawn.  We entered the guard shack and closed the door and waited for the two players to pass.  One of them said they were coming in to which I replied "don't come in, we don't want any trouble"   They left to the north west and then turned around and came back and initiated by yelling "get your hands up and come out."   We did not even have a chance to respond.  They immediately started shooting through the windows knocking Marr (me) and Charles unconscious.  At no time did we take defensive rights before they stated shooting, nor did we have a chance to respond.  Next Chris who was still up, took defensive rights (while the other two were down).  At that time the two unknown players entered the guard shack and killed Chris and the two of us that were unconscious.   Poor RP, Poor initiation, no time to respond, invalid kill rights.

Edited by Gunric
(grammar, spelling)

Hit Logs

{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:18:59","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":198},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Head"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:51","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":66},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Torso"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:51","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":66},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Torso"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:51","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":4.522,"Health":4.522,"Blood":0,"Shock":6.6},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"LeftHand"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:51","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":0,"Health":0,"Blood":0,"Shock":0},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Liver"}

{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:09","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Charles Davis"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Vyacheslav Jaska"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":198},"Weapon":"Bullet_762x39","Target":"Head"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:54","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Charles Davis"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":198},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Head"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:57","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Charles Davis"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":198},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Head"}

{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:35","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":11.22,"Health":11.22,"Blood":0,"Shock":21.78},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"LeftArm"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:36","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":11.22,"Health":11.22,"Blood":0,"Shock":21.78},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"LeftArm"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:36","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":11.22,"Health":11.22,"Blood":0,"Shock":21.78},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"LeftArm"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:38","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":66},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Torso"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:38","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":34,"Health":34,"Blood":0,"Shock":66},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"Torso"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:38","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":4.522,"Health":4.522,"Blood":0,"Shock":6.6},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"LeftHand"}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:38","Type":"HIT","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"},"Damage":{"Global":11.22,"Health":11.22,"Blood":0,"Shock":21.78},"Weapon":"Bullet_556x45","Target":"RightArm"}

Kill Logs

{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:38","Type":"KILL","Victim":{"Name":"Chris Ford"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"}}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:51","Type":"KILL","Victim":{"Name":"Marr Adler"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"}}
{"Time":"2019-02-18 04:19:57","Type":"KILL","Victim":{"Name":"Charles Davis"},"Attacker":{"Name":"Mack Harty"}}

Connection Logs

04:28:41 : Player Chris Ford connected
-Dead-

04:35:53 : Player Charles Davis connected
-Dead-

04:38:06 : Player Marr Adler connected
-Dead-

02:58:22 : Player Mack Harty connected
-Still Connected-

02:21:00 : Player Vyacheslav Jaska connected
-Still Connected-

Calling in:

Allies:

@Mettius

@Vanilla_Jedi

Accused

@Oiram 

@Xero

Please provide your full detailed PoV and any evidence that you may have for this situation.

Mack POV: Me and @Xero were RPing in Pavlovo Mil. When we walking out, we spot two players in the guard shack (however a third one was hiding in there). I go in saying ''Hello im comming in don't shoot'' and as soon as I open the door I get a silenced AK pointed at me and telling me to get out. At this point I'm like okay sure and me and Vegas (Known as @Xero on the forums) asks me if I wanna initiate on them for threatening me. I say sure and I flank around the guard shack, trying to make myself as stealthy as possible. We pull up on the guard shack, with me at the back and Vegas at the front and when I and my ally both initiate, telling them to put their hands up. As soon as we initiate, an old guy by the window with a cowbow hat (dunno which one of you that was) aims his MP5 out of the window aiming at my head. As soon as that happen, I shoot in the fellas direction and I think I knock him out. Afterwards the complete silence told us that they were not gonna comply. After that, Xero shoots the second fella and knocks him out too. After that, I push in, knowing the man is in the bathroom. I see him with his gun raised, pointing in the direction im about to peak. I push and kill him. That's about it.

POV: @Oiram and I were rping in pavlovo mil, while we were walking out I spot a cowboy hat fella lurking in the guard shack so we swing back to see what's going on.  Oiram opens the door announcing that he's entering and not to shoot him yet is met with a man pointing a gun at him telling him to get out so we take our leave, I mention to Oiram if he wanted to take em for pointing a gun at him.  Oiram hits them with some stealth gameplay and sneaks up behind as I rush up t the front, we both initiate and the cowboy hat guy stands pointing his mp5 out the window in an attempt to get an angle on oiram, shots are fired I peak and tap the cowboy guy in the head knocking him out instead of killing him apparently.  Oiram pushes in killing the last holding the bathroom killing him.

POV: Mar, myself, and Chris were in the guard shack when we heard movement outside. A voice called out that they "Are coming in, don't shoot, don't shoot."

To which Mar called out via voice "We don't want any trouble, don't come in." (I heard the door open but was in the other room and did not have eyes on the front room.)  There was a reply from two voices outside  mixing in expletives with questioning why we weren't wanting to let them come in.  Mar repeated that we didn't want any trouble just go away. There was some further grumbling from outside and they seemed to leave.

We had our suspicions so stayed holed up in the building.  Several minutes later Mar and Chris reported they see people moving outside. I mostly remained crouched at this point in the back room, intending to let Mar take the lead in any further conversations. I never saw any of these people even when I looked out the window (I'm pretty sure I am the "Old guy in the Cowboy hat". referenced above and I was holding an SMG).  We then heard over voice a demand that we come out with our hands up or we were dead. Immediately (and I mean not even 2 seconds later) shots were fired. My vision went black and I was down. I never fired a shot. I heard Chris and Mar shouting and heard more rounds fired. As my vision started to recover I was fatally shot.

As a recap: At no point in any of this did we state we intended them harm, our sole demand being they leave us alone and not enter the building.  The real issue in my opinion here is that they initiated a demand that we come out, hands up or they'll kill us, and the bullets arrived a split second after the demand.  I had not even enough time to form a thought before I was shot from an unseen (to me) assailant.

We (Marr Adler, Charles Davis and me) had been sitting in a guard shack after falling back after being attacked by some infected for a couple of minutes when we spotted a total of 2 players running by our building.

Marr saw them approach the building we were in and stated “Don’t come in, we don’t wont any trouble”. Shortly after that the door opened and I leveled my gun at the person that opened the door. They quickly closed the door and shouted some expletives. Marr mentioned that they were running away but he kept watch out of his side. At this point I had fallen back to the windless interior bathroom of the building and was facing Charles but had no visibility outside of the building. Marr then mentioned that he saw that circling back.  Someone approached the building and shouted “ Come out with your hands up!” Maybe 2 seconds elapsed and I saw something hit Charles and blood come out of him. He shouted that he was hit and then nothing. Marr get hit shortly after and he was unconscious.

At this point I was the lone person alive in the building. I heard the door open to the building and fired prematurely at the wall before I saw someone lean in. He leaned in and we both fired. No bullets hit me and he leaned in again and we exchanged gunfire and then the screen went black and I was dead.

At no time in the short window of a couple seconds did we say anything or fire our weapons at the attackers. I believe that the time between the demand and gunfire was too short to be acknowledged, A couple of seconds with no countdown timer or secondary follow-up happening is not reasonable to respond when multiple people have to quickly discuss next steps.

@Gunric @Mettius @Vanilla_Jedi @Oiram @Xero 

Do any of you have video evidence of this situation?

No video was taken by me.  I have never felt the need and I have always had very good interactions and role play events prior to this.  

The problem here is there was no role play.  My expectation was that when I told them to not come in and we didn’t want any trouble that there would be some sort of discussion.   Even when I noticed them circling back, I thought they were coming back to talk.  But the reality is they felt slighted and just came back to kill us, my POV anyway.

Edited by Gunric

@Mettius will now become temp-banned until he answers Randy's question.

3 minutes ago, Mettius said:

I have no video.

Alright, thank you for answering the question I've gone ahead and removed your temp ban. Please keep an eye on the report if the staff team has any more questions.

Verdict:

@Oiram & @Xero | Invalid kill roleplayed x3 | Inconclusive

Explanation:

To shortly summarize the situation the op and his friends are looking for supplies in Pavlovo. Upon entering the base they encounter the 2 accused some roleplay ensues. The 2 accused decides to initiate on the OP and his friends. The op and his friends are then killed in the initiation that follows. The staff team has reviewed the evidence from both sides and have reached a conclusion that there isn't sufficient evidence to issue a punishment. One party states that they didn't take any defensive actions in this case. While the other is stating that they fought back and defended themselves and killed them for noncompliance. As we cannot take another community members word over another the report will be concluded as inconclusive. We would like to mention that video evidence can be a key factor in solving these cases. We understand that some members are not able to record while playing the game but if you have the availability to do so the staff team recommends doing it for cases like this.

Outcome:

@Oiram & @Xero | Invalid kill roleplayed x3 | Inconclusive, word vs word no action taken

Signed by @lukaszxe & @RandyRP