Server time: 2019-03-20, 14:13 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

Rule 4.6

Hey staff, I recently read over this report here and then went and brushed up on rule 4.6, which seems to have been changed ever so slightly. Rule 4.6 will be linked below.

Spoiler

image.png.a9630e181c331348003cc10d579b373f.png

Previously, opening fire on a hostage taker was not grounds to kill a hostage unless channels of negotiation had been opened up and a ceasefire established. This makes sense as it promotes roleplay and negotiations, the onus of beginning such things being on the hostage takers, as the dynamic group or approved group of the victim has no reliable, safe way to establish communication without the utilisation of a radio.

As a result of this rule change, roleplay will be lessened as hostage takers no longer have to roleplay with the friends of their victims to establish a rapport and issue demands, as the hostage can just be killed.

Furthermore, I believe this will also lead to much confusion in-game, as dynamic groups still retain defence rights and can open up on attackers without granting kill rights on the hostage, as the rule specifically states that the hostage may only be killed if an approved group of the hostage opens fire. This involves far too much out-of-character shenanigans for my liking and is applying two slightly different facets of the same rule unnecessarily, thus further complicating the already very confusing ruleset.

So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, what was the thought process behind this rule change and how do the staff members who pushed for this see this benefiting the state of roleplay?

I think this rule was implemented to promote roleplay and negotiations for the hostage's life, as in the past you were able to open fire on the hostage takers without any repercussions. Currently, immediately opening fire on the hostage takers will have repercussions, as it could lead to the death of the hostage. This will hopefully promote more negotiations for the hostage's life, and less opening fire the second you get the chance.

I honestly do think that executing a hostage should always be your absolute last resort, and that enjoyable roleplay for the hostage should always come first.

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

Furthermore, I believe this will also lead to much confusion in-game, as dynamic groups still retain defence rights and can open up on attackers without granting kill rights on the hostage, as the rule specifically states that the hostage may only be killed if an approved group of the hostage opens fire. This involves far too much out-of-character shenanigans for my liking and is applying two slightly different facets of the same rule unnecessarily, thus further complicating the already very confusing ruleset.

I will agree with you on this part, as it can be really hard to identify if whoever is shooting is part of the hostage's official group or part of his dynamic.

The rule might need a little tweaking, but I personally think that it's a good rule as like I said, it adds repercussion to immediately opening fire on the hostage takers and will hopefully promote more negotiations for the hostage's life.

Sign in to follow this