Server time: 2019-03-22, 17:23 WE ARE RECRUITING
Loo Loo

Fence Building Question

We finished the wall around our base and realized when we went to put the planks on that it was inside out. I recall seeing something about someone doing this and it was against the rules. Am I mistaken or do we have to pull all the post back out again? 

Hey there!

I think that you do not have to do it again. To my knowledge it is ok either way (inside-out or the opposite).

There was a discussion about this a lot of time ago, and Roland sided with the people who did not consider inside-out walls as a glitch. In fact, there is nothing in the rules about how to build.

I hope that this information is accurate, and that it is useful to you.

Its always better to check 1st before you make a move, try and find that post make sure you arent breaking any rules. Better be safe than sorry 

/Moved to Questions

Its harder to break through walls when they’re the other way. It’s just being smart, no rulebreaks.

3 minutes ago, Smoke said:

Its harder to break through walls when they’re the other way. It’s just being smart, no rulebreaks.

This is not entirely true. It takes the same amount of time to break a fence regardless of whether you are 'inside' or 'outside'. However, breaking a fence from the 'inside' will allow you to get 100% of the materials back. Other drawback include not being to attach barbed wire for example.

As for the rules, if your compound is still accessible somehow (e.g: Having a locked gate, your location is not reachable only through a glitch, ...), you are not breaking any.

I did a base like this before with the walls facing the other way around and in a report, it was argued on, no rule break was found so long as there is a gate or a door into the base itself.

Edited by Eagle

Can you post a picture of what you mean? My brain is too small