Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 20:19
Sign in to follow this  
Butthead

Okay... This Fog.

Make it less frequent, if it really is different distances for different people then yea that's also a problem.

The distance is different for everyone. If it wasn't client side and allowed for everyone to be able to see much further than 10 metres in front of them I wouldn't mind.

fog's okay, until you run into a zombie that's legit 3 feet away from you, shoot once, and hear a horde comming your way and they all pop out the fog at once. I know this a survival game, but I sure do believe it ain't called silent budget Russia yet. 

I mean with this fog it might as well be called that tho.

I'm curious what affect view distance when it comes to the fog. What settings? I always keep certain settings at EXTREME, and other things at low or disabled.. For example my Object Detail is set to extreme, so I can see fuly developed playermodels 500m+ away, as well as visiblity of interior windows of buildings so I can spot snipers,etc. from far away as well.

DayZ Devs Logic.

Add Sniper Rifles

Make it so you can't see past 5 meters

Genius

Seriously, I hate this fog. Can't even do mini events at the moment because finding a good spot to do it is impossible.

18 minutes ago, Zanaan said:

DayZ Devs Logic.

Add Sniper Rifles

Make it so you can't see past 5 meters

Genius

Seriously, I hate this fog. Can't even do mini events at the moment because finding a good spot to do it is impossible.

Since when did they ever have logic?

😭😂

But yeah, you stating this, I find it amazing that they did this cause it’s so true.

Fog should be gone as of yesterday. Report back to me if not, and I'll adjust it again or investigate further.

@Kerkkoh The fog was gone during night time like two hours ago but now at daytime it's back. At least for me.

Spoiler

20190219142415_1.jpg.ed198731d4d7d1af2e066fce8a4671db.jpg

Edited by Malet

it never changed, fog is still there.

Check now

@Roland Way better - Thank you. Fog is gone.

Fog still there 20190219171214_1.jpg.dbf1a25e191acc4ee5238278324d8309.jpg

I think at least 95% of the community wants to see past 10m. It is restricting roleplay by a huge amount as it is sometimes impossible to find people as you cant even see them. pls fix

Like we have been telling everyone on Discord, A fix is being worked on. We understand that it's frustrating with the fog IG but be assured that this matter is being looked into. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Like we have been telling everyone on Discord, A fix is being worked on. We understand that it's frustrating with the fog IG but be assured that this matter is being looked into. 

The problem is that it has been a week now, it should just be turned off until the fix has been found to make fog work properly.

Keep it. The strong will survive and the weak will finally die off.

Yeah the fog is still really bad right now, i cant even see 5 feet in front of me

Edited by Shroud

29 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Yeah the fog is still really bad right now, i cant even see 5 feet in front of me

I can confirm this as well

I just disabled the fog yesterday with a server side fix. People said it was gone. If it's not, we will look into it again. 

53 minutes ago, Roland said:

I just disabled the fog yesterday with a server side fix. People said it was gone. If it's not, we will look into it again. 

Nah, we still cant see past 5 metres