Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 05:09
Sign in to follow this  
Butthead

Okay... This Fog.

Uh, I don't know about you guys but I think it's way too common and annoying. It plagued my play session for its entirety last night. I got into PvP and couldn't even do anything past 5 meters it was so bad. 

I would have no qualms if it only last for a little bit or if it just stayed down toward the coast like it used to but right now I'm getting real damn sick of it. I love fog and the feeling it gives but in my experience so far it really needs to be toned back.

Thoughts?

I think Jim already said its a problem with the server.

@Roland needs to fix it 😉 

Just now, Jackfish said:

I think Jim already said its a problem with the server.

@Roland needs to fix it 😉 

Thank god for that. Thanks for the information, I never caught wind of it.

Yea, as long as it’s not completely taken out I’m down for the frequency to be turned down

I feel like I'm in The Mist and the zombies are the monsters. 

Plz turn down fog

17 hours ago, shipwreck117 said:

I feel like I'm in The Mist and the zombies are the monsters. 

Plz turn down fog

Inb4 we start seeing this fucker at Kamensk 😂

what-should-we-expect-from-spike-tvs-the-mist.jpg.d159ccbf34387412b3d360f0aa2128db.jpg

29 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Inb4 we start seeing this fucker at Kamensk 😂

what-should-we-expect-from-spike-tvs-the-mist.jpg.d159ccbf34387412b3d360f0aa2128db.jpg

why you leaking dev work

I like the fog. 😄

19 hours ago, KnightsTemplar said:

Uh, I don't know about you guys but I think it's way too common and annoying. It plagued my play session for its entirety last night. I got into PvP and couldn't even do anything past 5 meters it was so bad. 

I would have no qualms if it only last for a little bit or if it just stayed down toward the coast like it used to but right now I'm getting real damn sick of it. I love fog and the feeling it gives but in my experience so far it really needs to be toned back.

Thoughts?

Don't get into PvP ❤️ 

Soon™

t-00.jpg.d9cde6a4fbf7a313698b7a6c9f5ab535.jpg

19 hours ago, KnightsTemplar said:

Thoughts?

I have been enjoying the last four days of fog/rain, due to the lack of PvP and more player interactions happening now. But I do think it needs to end as well. I have grown tired of it. It makes hunting, and fishing, and traveling around the map off-road difficult unless you plan your route way ahead of time and run only in one direction, or focus on your direction, otherwise you find yourself 2km away from where you had planned to go.

The fog has been going on now for a whole day almost along with the rain something needs to be changed.

This is fucking shit, please fix now. I want to actually be able to see the game I'm playing.

I feel the same way...

The fog was cool at first but now it’s just gotten ridiculous. Hopefully they fix it today.

2 hours ago, Shortround said:

why you leaking dev work

I like the fog. 😄

Never said I didn't like it. I don't even want it removed, it just needs to be toned way back. Hopefully what @Jackfish said is true though and it will be fixed sometime soon.

3 hours ago, CamoRP said:

Snip

Did you find people?

I wish I could find RP with this fog.

I agree on that. I don't even know where I am going... and when I know where I am I don't see anyone else. Hard to find people to rp with, when you don't see shit. 

3 hours ago, OldSchool said:

Soon™

Hide contents

t-00.jpg.d9cde6a4fbf7a313698b7a6c9f5ab535.jpg

Is that Mr.X I see standing behind the tree.

If the client side aspects of the fog can be fixed then I'm down for it to be kept in, at a reduced frequency and density. If not, it should be removed.

2 hours ago, Dr Brandon said:

Is that Mr.X I see standing behind the tree.

Looks like Slenderman after he was was doused and lit on fire and then put out.

I will agree that it's a bit ridiculous that the fog seems omnipresent. I do however think it wouldn't be bad to have it be super foggy in certain areas or once in a while. (E.g.  Coast, Kamensk) Dynamic weather spices things up once in a while. From my experience the rainstorms are kind of boring on their own. Though when you combine different aspects like the fog it definitely gives some atmosphere to the experience. I've had some of the most immersive experiences during heavy fog/storms or the pitch black nighttime.

As far as hostilities I could understand it being a nuisance but then again it could add another layer of advantages or disadvantages to be aware of or take opportunities of.

Just my two cents.

When I can't even see the building across the road from me I think there's a problem. 

Almost died of dehydration when I spawned because I was running aimlessly and couldn't find a single house.

Fog is nice as long as it's balanced, and everyone else is affected the same way. I honestly don't think it should get to the point where you can't see 10 feet in front of you, especially with infected and shit.

This fog is absolutely infuriating.

Cannot see more than 10 meters away. Meanwhile one of my comrades can see 20-30 meters, giving certain individuals a huge advantage.

Because anything that affects PvP in a negative way is automatically bad, lmao. Obviously if it’s fog 24/7 it needs to be fixed but don’t remove it. 

Edited by Zero

1 hour ago, Zero said:

Because anything that affects PvP in a negative way is automatically bad, lmao. Obviously if it’s fog 24/7 it needs to be fixed but don’t remove it. 

Yes Zero it is bad. Pvp is part of the game as well and shouldn't be ignored.

Pvp is supposed to be balanced. Fair for all. If I can't see more than 10 feet in front of me but someone can see 20 feet infront of them. That's not fair. 

As for the actual fog? I don't care. If they can get it fixed where it's the same for every one I don't see a reason to remove it. Maybe tweak it so its only in certain towns and cities but keep it in either way.