Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-07-19, 19:27
Sign in to follow this  
N-Tox

Nerf Zombies Please

nerf zombies  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Alright so I thought it was fine as is after logging in fully geared and playing. But after trying to run up, Ive changed my mind.

Why Nerf Zombies?

- They have an insanely large agro range
- You cannot escape from them without killing them, they run forever at a near constant speed
- They can at times take upwards of 20 hits with your fists to take down, and from what Ive seen, a max of 8 hits with a shovel

Why not Nerf Zombies?

- Some people like this insane difficulty
- Maybe, maybe, the man with 1400 hours on DayZ sucks at the game
- Maybe our devs cant

 

Its near impossible to run up, I lost a fight to 3 zombies when I had a shovel and full health, the entire town agrod after I caught the attention of one zed about 100 feet from the town.

Edited by N-ToxRP

Share this post


Link to post

I disagree, zombies never posed a threat before but now you actually have to be careful around them, it’s azombie game after all so they should be difficult 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Biiddy said:

I disagree, zombies never posed a threat before but now you actually have to be careful around them, it’s azombie game after all so they should be difficult 

There is no being careful. I cannot sneak because they see me through walls. I cant run away or fight because I WILL die. Even with a melee weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

There is no being careful. I cannot sneak because they see me through walls. I cant run away or fight because I WILL die. Even with a melee weapon.

I haven't personally had that kind of issue, usually if i'm sneaking then I am fine and don't agro

Share this post


Link to post

It's a zombie game... They should be hard... Also you play on a RP server...Half of the fights in the server should be PVE based.

Share this post


Link to post

I only really have an issue with the fact that a 2 year old corpse can run as fast and continuously as Usain Bolt.

Edited by Eagle

Share this post


Link to post

I could do it stealthy. U need a silenced pistol.

I love the zombies RN. Dont nerf pls

Share this post


Link to post

As long as zombies can see through the fog while I cant I demand a nerf. Idc if it is a FOV/Distance reduction or just decrease of their health.  It doesnt matter how well you sneak when u literally cant see what u r keeping urself hidden from.

Share this post


Link to post

The zombies finally hold some sort of danger and you want it nerfed?

It's fine as it is.

Share this post


Link to post

well.... there's your problem. You're trying to go tow to tow with zeds with your fists. The best weapon against them other than guns of course are knives. find a combat knife and use that, it works wonders. sneaking isn't difficult either. the games bases it off of speed and height. if you crouch and walk, you can get close enough to pet them on the head if you wanted to, and even then they wouldn't spot you.

Share this post


Link to post

I respect everyone's opinion

That being said if you voted No then you're wrong this shit sucks lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jasper said:

I respect everyone's opinion

That being said if you voted No then you're wrong this shit sucks lmao. 

But it's fun going up against a super mutant every time ey?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

But it's fun going up against a super mutant every time ey?

I LOVE MAG DUMPING ZOMBIES THAT HAVE BEEN ROTTING FOR TWO YEARS WITH AN SVD

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kevin said:

It's a zombie game... They should be hard... Also you play on a RP server...Half of the fights in the server should be PVE based.

idk about that one chief. you ever played on this server? ever? Hostilities between players is a thing that is happening pretty much 24/7

34 minutes ago, Mexi said:

The zombies finally hold some sort of danger and you want it nerfed?

It's fine as it is.

Try and run up with this shit while looting at the same time. Especially in the fog, youll see what I mean.

 

26 minutes ago, Ender said:

well.... there's your problem. You're trying to go tow to tow with zeds with your fists. The best weapon against them other than guns of course are knives. find a combat knife and use that, it works wonders. sneaking isn't difficult either. the games bases it off of speed and height. if you crouch and walk, you can get close enough to pet them on the head if you wanted to, and even then they wouldn't spot you.

For the entire lifespan of DayZ Standalone youve been able to fight one or two zombies with your fists with ease, if you had the skill. I cannot find guns/knives without entering a town. You know whats in towns? Insane amounts of rotting juggernauts with the speed of a player. Even with a melee weapon, as mentioned, these fuckers are near invincible.

Ive tried crouch sprinting, (not walking because that will take me like an hour and a half to loot a city) I get seen from crazy distances.

Edited by N-ToxRP

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, N-ToxRP said:

 

Try and run up with this shit while looting at the same time. Especially in the fog, youll see what I mean.

I have, it was fine. Just have to take your time and be careful instead of sprinting in for loot like Apex.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Mexi said:

I have, it was fine. Just have to take your time and be careful instead of sprinting in for loot like Apex.

It was my first time running up in days and I went in crouching. I was spotted through a house and I managed to grab a shovel before the entire population of the town heard the commotion from a good distance away. I killed one and died to the two others, being smacked about 10 times total, even if I managed to kill the two attacking me, the rest were sprinting at me mach 5.

Edited by N-ToxRP

Share this post


Link to post

I like the Zombies. 

I always stealth my way through towns and if I have a silenced weapon, take them out as I go along. 

Stealth is key to staying alive and not attracting infected. You can crouch and safely get around the zombies.

The closest you'd have to get to agro a zombie is about 5M.

Share this post


Link to post

Hell, you could even just give us infinite stamina and it would solve this issue because we could actually escape.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

Hell, you could even just give us infinite stamina and it would solve this issue because we could actually escape.

And then you lose one of the main survival aspects. 

That's another -1 from me mate.

If you get spotted, run to a house, crouch/prone and wait for them the agro to go. Doesn't take long.

Share this post


Link to post

I think their running speed should be altered, because it seems that no matter how far behind they are they will manage to catch up and remain 10 meters behind you as you run until you run out of stamina.

Yeah they should be able to pose a threat and run quite fast, but not to the point that you cant even run away from them if you're overwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post

I know plenty of people like the zombies because they pose a threat, but I think it's going about it the wrong way because they're only threatening because they run faster than you can blink and home in on you while you try and escape. 

Personally, I didn't mind zombies being a nuisance at best because in small numbers they should be just a nuisance, the real threat should remain other people.

Share this post


Link to post

Before people were making fun on the game that zombies are not a threat whatsoever.

Now people want a nerf. 

Nah I think zombies should be a threat and you should be thinking: "Do I really wanna shoot right now?"

Share this post


Link to post

Tbh if this isn't the case already, decrease their spawn rate around coastal areas and smaller, less valuable towns, have the bigger towns have much bigger spawns, as well as mil bases etc. Its frustrating to run up and die constantly but zombies should also be a threat in high loot areas.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Lyca said:

Before people were making fun on the game that zombies are not a threat whatsoever.

Now people want a nerf. 

Nah I think zombies should be a threat and you should be thinking: "Do I really wanna shoot right now?"

Read the post please. Cant make that decision if I cant loot for a gun in the first place.

47 minutes ago, Finn said:

I think their running speed should be altered, because it seems that no matter how far behind they are they will manage to catch up and remain 10 meters behind you as you run until you run out of stamina.

Yeah they should be able to pose a threat and run quite fast, but not to the point that you cant even run away from them if you're overwhelmed.

That sounds pretty reasonable, I just want to be able to get away. I can deal with the rest because then I should be able to live.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

Read the post please. Cant make that decision if I cant loot for a gun in the first place.

But how do all the other people get guns? You can loot non automatic rifles everywhere. I did read the post. I just think its good that they are a threat. Sneaking works pretty good too. 

Edited by Lyca

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...