Server time: 2019-03-24, 05:40 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 11 hours, 19 minutes
moyfa

Perma Fog Weather Effect. Is there a fix?

Last night I logged in on the S1 server by Green Mountain, I noticed there was heavy rain and fog lingering around, so i decided to wait it out by the barracks before continuing my journey. However, 30 minutes had past and the rain and fog was still there. 

Today, I logged in once again around 2:30pm EST (2/15/2019). And to my surprise the rain and the fog was still there. It was making it very hard to see 15-20 meters in front of my character.

Is there a fix that could help me with my issue?

- I have already uninstalled and reinstalled DayZ

- I have already verified my game files

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you

heavy rain and fog dayzrp.jpg

It's server side. You can't fix it. It's on staff to fix it. The fog is really annoying tho...

Edited by Hellish

Honestly this fog has opened up a lot of opportunities for RP.
Since it appears at the same time all the infected "mutated" one could RP out that it has a connection.
I know it's annoying, but it can be fun if you make it fun 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Snipperoni

It could open alot of opportunities for RP if I could find RP while running in the fog 😛

the DayZ devs fucked something up again and im not sure if our devs can do something about it. The fog shouldnt be this thick. A little bit of fog is really sick but I still want to find my RP and not run for 6 hours trying to find RP because I cant see 5m ahead.

I love different weather types but this is just broken fog (also because its client side). I say remove it or make it that thick for 30 minutes just after restart. I noticed it went away yesterday but having fog 24_7 is stupid as hell.

Spoiler

BIRD_BOX_015-1200x600.jpg

It's just a fuckup in the init file which we have to revert, it will be done when @Roland hops on later.