Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:29

Sign in to follow this  

My first time getting robbed.

Well I wake up in Stary. I start checking the military tents and move on to Novy. I check out the barn and find a body and then in the distance I spot a Hilux. Im like Sweet! My first vehicle to spot. I check it out and it needs a tire well I just happen to have one and get it patched up. I take off with and before a can blink I hear stop the truck! Im like ok cool someone needs a lift. Well I stop the truck and out comes a camo fella. He says drop all your guns in the truck and move to the passenger side. I comply and move over well then he climbs in the driver seat and I recognize the symbol on the side OOC of course and think Oh great its S-Gru. Finally my first RP experience on the server. I couldnt have been let down worse. He just tells me that this is an S-Gru vehicle and they are taking it back. Get out and move south in 3 minutes. I tell him I dont have a compass and can he reference it for me he laughs and says he didnt have on either and asked if I needed anything to drink or eat. I told him I needed a drink and says ok then a zombie comes out after me and he just tells me to leave. I had high hopes since I had heard so much about them and the other big clans for RP but I was let down hard. I was expecting to be carted off or at least asked my name or made to beg for my life since I was told they kill Americans on sight, anything but it was just pathetic. Ill end my rant there. But come on guys can you do better than that?

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Well, he just could have done "drop your weapons, 5 secs BOOM" robbery, altough you had nothing but still.

Wunsleh    10

Well I wake up in Stary. I start checking the military tents and move on to Novy. I check out the barn and find a body and then in the distance I spot a Hilux. Im like Sweet! My first vehicle to spot. I check it out and it needs a tire well I just happen to have one and get it patched up. I take off with and before a can blink I hear stop the truck! Im like ok cool someone needs a lift. Well I stop the truck and out comes a camo fella. He says drop all your guns in the truck and move to the passenger side. I comply and move over well then he climbs in the driver seat and I recognize the symbol on the side OOC of course and think Oh great its S-Gru. Finally my first RP experience on the server. I couldnt have been let down worse. He just tells me that this is an S-Gru vehicle and they are taking it back. Get out and move south in 3 minutes. I tell him I dont have a compass and can he reference it for me he laughs and says he didnt have on either and asked if I needed anything to drink or eat. I told him I needed a drink and says ok then a zombie comes out after me and he just tells me to leave. I had high hopes since I had heard so much about them and the other big clans for RP but I was let down hard. I was expecting to be carted off or at least asked my name or made to beg for my life since I was told they kill Americans on sight, anything but it was just pathetic. Ill end my rant there. But come on guys can you do better than that?

We simply cant provide the same high grade rp every single time because if that was the case it could easily take up to 10/20 minutes.

we were in a hurry so we reclaimed the vehicle we crashed against the fence in the first place.

and kill americans on sight? who gave you that idea?

ps: you got every right to bitch the moment you're in the same situation and start actually roleplaying yourself.

its very easy to roleplay the good guy, but it's not that easy to roleplay as the bad guy.

Im not upset about being robbed Ive in fact been waiting for it. The kill on sight was a rumor that I had been told my another fella in server in Character. He was not in a clan but you know how the horror stories go its part of the RP experience. I just wish it could have been better than what it was.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Someone attempted to rob me today. They are dead now. That is all.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

^ My first time getting robbed was pretty shit too, if you want to read it here. But we were just unlucky.

A lot of bandits just say "Drop your weapon, 3-2-1 BOOM!" Be grateful it wasn't one of them.

Just wait and the good times will come. Forget about it and move on.

Daniel    2

Well we Were in a hurry as wunsleh said.

If you would have been a high grade member of a different clan we would have taken you as a hostage or if you would have been with more survivors and everyone would have complied : D

Basically a lot of things are influencing our chance to interact in a rp way with other people longer than just disarming someone.

I hope you understand that it is not that easy to interact with everyone to everyimw properly since there are a lot facts we have to involve in our decisions. :)

Robbin    0

Hey man,

I was one of the members in the area. I did not engage personally but kept overwatch on the situation.

Basically, several factors are important when RP'ing as a bandit. One of them is the time you are able to invest in the subject 'safely'. If someone has a military-grade weapon, we invest more time in them than a simple AK variant (AKS I believe). We disarm a lot of people daily and we don't always have the numbers to ensure our safety and RP with victims. This time we decided to quickly get out again.

Vasily Malyy    10

It's hard to provide good RP as a bandit. It's fun when it happens, but it doesn't happen a lot. It's also very time consuming to do it, when you need to rob someone fast.

Plus, it's not like he said "I AM ENGAGING YOU IN A CONFLICT!" then shot you.

"Roleplaying as a bandit is difficult" and "the moment you start roleplaying yourself is the moment you can start complaining" are good arguments, but "we were in a hurry"?

Come one... That is just a lousy excuse. You are playing the game for fun. It is not a chore. If you are in such a hurry, just don't initiate at all.

IRL you wouldn't say "oh we are in a hurry but let's just quickly disarm this guy".

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

IRL you wouldn't say "oh we are in a hurry but let's just quickly disarm this guy".

+1

You decided to take his vehicle and dis-arm him, ROLEPLAYING a bandit involves explaining things to the victim, giving him instructions etc.

Robbin    0

Well, you seem to miss the point here.

It's not that we were in a rush to get out, but he took the vehicle we just crashed with in Stary. We wanted that vehicle back. We gave him a weapon in return for his AKS and told him he was not allowed this weapon due to S-GRU law. There is nothing wrong with a 'robbery' like that.

We initiated, told him he was not allowed this weapon and the vehicle was S-GRU property, we gave him a new weapon and let him get on his way. We told him to get out of the area because zeds were coming his way. I don't see any reason to complain.

All we are saying is: there are different degrees to roleplaying. We can not take ANY and EVERYONE hostage and have an entire conversation with them. It happens, but we won't do it with everyone.

"It's not that we were in a rush to get out, but he took the vehicle we just crashed with in Stary. We wanted that vehicle back. We gave him a weapon in return for his AKS and told him he was not allowed this weapon due to S-GRU law. There is nothing wrong with a 'robbery' like that."

I was never explained that it was a law I was just told to take the Winchester. (Doesn't bother me I prefer that gun anyway)

"We initiated, told him he was not allowed this weapon and the vehicle was S-GRU property, we gave him a new weapon and let him get on his way. We told him to get out of the area because zeds were coming his way. I don't see any reason to complain."

Again was never told I was not allowed this weapon I was simply told to put all my weapons in the truck. It was stated that I had just fixed your truck and yall were taking it back. I did ask for my pistol back which yall did allow me to take. I appreciate that. I'm not trying to make enemies here I just stated that the RP was pretty lacking. Hell I pulled back because I figured yall were in such a hurry I would have been shot for trying to talk or ask what was going on.

Robbin    0

Usually, when you comply, we will freely talk with you. We may move you away from the area first or take your radio, but after that we will freely talk with you.

IF, however, you keep holding your primary and it appears you are stalling until your buddies arrive, we may be forced to take different action.

As I said, it's all a matter of safety. If you comply and seem to have no hostile intentions, we will freely talk to you.

All in all, I apologize if this event left you unsatisfied. Don't let this speak for all clans or S-GRU particularly. It's all a matter of timing/placement sometimes.

LuckyStrike    0

"Roleplaying as a bandit is difficult" and "the moment you start roleplaying yourself is the moment you can start complaining" are good arguments, but "we were in a hurry"?

Come one... That is just a lousy excuse. You are playing the game for fun. It is not a chore. If you are in such a hurry, just don't initiate at all.

+1

^ My first time getting robbed was pretty shit too, if you want to read it here. But we were just unlucky.

A lot of bandits just say "Drop your weapon, 3-2-1 BOOM!" Be grateful it wasn't one of them.

I don't get all the 'drop your weapon' hate, when I'm robbing I'm doing it because I want better supplies, I don't care about the person I'm robbings life story and neither would my character.

Wunsleh    10

I don't get all the 'drop your weapon' hate, when I'm robbing I'm doing it because I want better supplies, I don't care about the person I'm robbings life story and neither would my character.

its cheap and not rp, you just want the weapon and go without actually roleplaying as the character you suppose to portray.

its cheap and not rp, you just want the weapon and go without actually roleplaying as the character you suppose to portray.

So my character isn't allowed to want a better weapon? My character wouldn't stop to ask a person he has initiated a hostile action with how his day was, this seems to be what everyone is expecting and I think this expectation is just plain unrealistic. You are getting robbed because you have something others want, not because someone wants to know why you are in town.

Wunsleh    10

So my character isn't allowed to want a better weapon? My character wouldn't stop to ask a person he has initiated a hostile action with how his day was, this seems to be what everyone is expecting and I think this expectation is just plain unrealistic. You are getting robbed because you have something others want, not because someone wants to know why you are in town.

I'm not saying you should tell your story line, but hell, at least try something more than just 'say drop your weapon or you ded...5,4,3,2,1'

Jds    0

"but he took the vehicle we just crashed with in Stary. We wanted that vehicle back."

Wasn't even your vehicle in the first place, I was watching your live stream :) No need to lie about it being yours.

Popeye509    1

I was wondering, today i had my first time being robbed and I had my trusty m1911 and this guy had a crossbow and after I had said hello he went straight to "drop your weapons" I said "ok" I pretended to go into gear and I accidentally stand up and the idiot doesn't realise i'm bringing my weapons up and i repeatedly shoot him in the face. (Am I allowed to lie about complying with him? because it is a hostile action? I'm kinda nervous because i literally just joined... did I do bad? By that I mean because I lied to him by saying ok)

"but he took the vehicle we just crashed with in Stary. We wanted that vehicle back."

Wasn't even your vehicle in the first place, I was watching your live stream :) No need to lie about it being yours.

Well sir, I think you need to change your glasses. Alpha Squad was with the vehicle, they were driving from Elektro where our driver picked up another operator. They rally up with the Company 47 at Stary (it was when they crashed their vehicle near the Red Building). They dismounted and took position around the city. The POV of the streaming was the Company 47.

You can clearly hear in the TS when we fixed the car next to S-GRU turn and then they moved to pick up the operator in Elektro, then they returning to Stary.

Our RP with that guy was fast because we had a small firefight inside the red building minutes before and we were in a "known" spot for too long. We were getting ready to move out when this guy appeared.

As soon as he leaves the area we proceed to Novy\Guglovo where we had a firefight with a Chopper and Humvee.

Before we met the OP in Stary we had encounters with 3 other survivors and we RPed quite well with them. It's not always that we can provide a very good and funny RP. RP depends of both involved parties, timing and what is happening around us. RP it's not like a cake recipe, it depends of many factors. But in general our RP is one of the bests.

You can watch some of our RP here: https://www.youtube.com/user/Six6amers