Jump to content
Server time: 2019-03-22, 21:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Shanoby

Softskill guide.

Recommended Posts

Hello there community I have something to confess. I have kept a secret from you cos I am selfish, but no longer.

Turing the infection BOOM I managed by accident figure out that softskills have been implemented into DayZ and here is how it works, kinda:

 

On the left side of your screen, when you open your inventory with TAB, you can see needle and hammer...

- When you hatchet loads of the trees, your bar on the left side of the screen will lean slowly towards hammer

- If you repair clothes,  it will lean towards needle

 

Now I do not know what the skill will be once it gets really close to needle.

 

When it gets close to hammer, you will produce double the amount of resources when chopping down a tree, illustrated below.

20181227215707_1.jpg.495f009f7396c8ae428a4ed897c20a25.jpg

 

CAUTION: once you choose which one you want to increase, you cannot do the other one. Cause as soon as you mix it up it will reset the bar in the middle.

I presume it was done so players would work together and to get all skills in one group, there would be need for cooperation. Otherwise one person would max out all these skills.

 

Thank you, hope it helps you out and I hope someone figures out what happens when it gets close to needle ?

Edited by Shanoby

Share this post


Link to post

I had no idea this was actually a working feature, thank you Shanoby. 
Maybe if you lean to the needle and thread side it requires much less from a sewing kit or duct tape to repair items? Or maybe youd get better quality meat from skinning animals?  

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Zilly said:

I had no idea this was actually a working feature, thank you Shanoby. 
Maybe if you lean to the needle and thread side it requires much less from a sewing kit or duct tape to repair items? Or maybe youd get better quality meat from skinning animals?  

Yeah, will be interesting once someone goes and tests this. I will wait for response and so I could add it to guide ?

Share this post


Link to post

Oh neat to discover! I haven't done much resource gathering, I'll have to see if I can get my bar all the way over on the needle side of things. 

 

I'll keep track of how much I use to repair at the start and at the end and see if I notice any differences.

Share this post


Link to post

That's actually really cool. 

I'll be keeping track of my bar (repairing my clothes all the way)

Share this post


Link to post

I was noticing something after having repaired 30 million different outfits but it could have been a bug,

 

Sometimes when I repair shit, (actually most times)
I repair clothing and equipment up to pristine quality and not just worn.

 

Maybe this is the softskill for the needle?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I was noticing something after having repaired 30 million different outfits but it could have been a bug,

 

Sometimes when I repair shit, (actually most times)
I repair clothing and equipment up to pristine quality and not just worn.

 

Maybe this is the softskill for the needle?

I assumed it might be that... but if you can go check the bar and make sure then yep that is it.

Cos once you hatchet it will go back to middle. So someone has to make sure...

I was hoping it might either not use kits at all and you can endlessly repair or make things Pristine Quality.

 

If someone can prove this, please add picture as well for the guide, thanks ?

Edited by Shanoby

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, shipwreck117 said:

WHAT?? How do you 'choose' what skill you want to perfect? thats awesome, did the Devs announce that?

No I do not think it was announced, I have heard nothing about it. I just figured it out by accident...

You choose like it says in guide:

You either only hatchet trees or only repair clothes...

If you do the one and then the other, then the SKILL arrow will reset in the middle and you will get neither benefit.

Edited by Shanoby

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot this was a thing. Hadn’t noticed it.

thanks for reminding me tho

Edited by N-ToxRP

Share this post


Link to post

I had noticed it before but since it appears to reset to zero after some time even without mixing stuff up, I never bothered with it. Thanks for sharing, maybe we can dig the code out make soft-skills of our own !

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Pontiff said:

I had noticed it before but since it appears to reset to zero after some time even without mixing stuff up, I never bothered with it. Thanks for sharing, maybe we can dig the code out make soft-skills of our own !

Well when I discovered it, it stayed with my character for a week or so, but then died... so not sure if they reset over time... have to test it I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Zilly said:

I had no idea this was actually a working feature, thank you Shanoby. 
Maybe if you lean to the needle and thread side it requires much less from a sewing kit or duct tape to repair items? Or maybe youd get better quality meat from skinning animals?  

I think you may be right Zilly not sure if it’s a bug or not, but every once in a while when I use duck tape or a sewing kit it uses the whole thing instead of a portion of it. But who knows it might just be a bug... Thanks @Shanoby for sharing this with us!

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, firelordjared said:

I think you may be right Zilly not sure if it’s a bug or not, but every once in a while when I use duck tape or a sewing kit it uses the whole thing instead of a portion of it. But who knows it might just be a bug... Thanks @Shanoby for sharing this with us!

That particular thing is a bug, I believe

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Zilly said:

That particular thing is a bug, I believe

I wonder why it uses it all sometimes rather than other times then. Guess it’s just dayz being dayz...

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...