Server time: 2019-03-22, 03:03 WE ARE RECRUITING

4 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Hell, they literally run through walls half the time. 'Git Gud' is illogical when dealing with a broken ass game. 

Only experienced this a handful of times. Sure it sucks but to say it happens with half of your interactions with zeds around buildings doesn't seem right. I have prepared a meme of love for you to examine, to further explain my point.

Spoiler

ywdQ7D6.jpg

Real talk though, why apply sense or logic to zombies? Why play a zombie game if you don't want the zombies to be a threat? Making them do more damage but removing their tankiness is gonna make it so easy for players to kill them.

Melee wise, its already very easy to kill them with a combat knife, if you time your strikes correctly they can't actually hit you back unless you miss. Firearms 1-2 shotting infected, along with literally everybody running around with a SMG/rifle, makes them a non-existent threat because they're so weak that they can't close the gap between you before they're dead.

Whilst I agree that there are some annoying mechanics with them, like ruining your clothes after 1 hit, or glitching through walls or spam hitting you because of lag or w/e, I think we should go in the opposite direction of your suggestion. Less damage, more tankiness. Zombies that do less damage will still be threatening with their tankiness, in numbers, as zombies should be, but they would be easy to dispatch in smaller groups with a rifle which again, most people already have.

Basically, less damage, more tankiness. Mutant zombies plz, tyty.

Idk if this happens to anybody else, but sometimes you lag or something and on your side you’re running away, but server side you’re getting fucked sideways in a corner by zombies. It’s so broken, and having tougher zombies just makes it worse. 

Anybody who claims the ‘PVE’ aspect is essential to RP, when was the last time you had an intuitive interaction with an infected? ?

1 minute ago, Major said:

Yeah as if wolves are a paradigm of functionality and good game mechanics.

"Oh look there is 600 bouncing cocaine induced wolves over every hill" 

The wolves are more broken than the zeds.

YOU CANT ARGUE THAT WOLVES ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY'RE BUGGY AND SIMULTANEOUSLY SAY ZOMBIES ARE GOOD. 

- snip, not relevant -

Edited by N-ToxRP

It makes sense for the zombies to be more than a 1 hit to the body, it mimicks the damage needed to kill a player and in all media representation of zombies, you could unload 300 bullets into their chest and it wouldn't kill them, 96% of the time a headshot will kill it, I wouldn't complain about it because you are probably not taking the time to aim at their heads and instead are aiming quickly and hitting shoulders or missing. It makes them a more relevant part of DayZ and tbh I would rather have this than the CSGO wall-hacker zombies we used to have.

Just hop onto a car and you won't have to worry about taking the time or risk of lag whilst aiming.

Edited by DaRsnn

Just now, N-ToxRP said:

i rarely find heavy ammunition. I have to rob people for it

Boi you're the unluckiest man in dayz

1 minute ago, Jasper said:

YOU CANT ARGUE THAT WOLVES ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY'RE BUGGY AND SIMULTANEOUSLY SAY ZOMBIES ARE GOOD. 

Ive nearly died to wolves many more  times than the infected. I can take a knife to a couple of infected and win, I wouldnt dare try that with a single wolf. 

1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

I’m not gonna voice a whole lot with that but yikes.

i rarely find heavy ammunition. I have to rob people for it

I find heavy ammo super easy to find. Go to a mil base and you find mags full of it in seconds. Maybe I’m just lucky tho 

7 minutes ago, Jasper said:

When did I say zombies are good? They are broken. I shouldn't have to raise my gun in the air when one grabs me by the throat.

I just don't have a problem with them, doesn't make them any less buggy ya hysterical little girl.

❤️

6 minutes ago, BreadERP said:

Idk if this happens to anybody else, but sometimes you lag or something and on your side you’re running away, but server side you’re getting fucked sideways in a corner by zombies. It’s so broken, and having tougher zombies just makes it worse. 

Anybody who claims the ‘PVE’ aspect is essential to RP, when was the last time you had an intuitive interaction with an infected? ?

I once got 'treed' by a trio of zombies when I ran into a building I forgot only had one exit. Some players came by fairly quickly and 'saved me', and it led to some fun RP.

Before they robbed me because they knew I didn't have a gun to defend myself with.

I mean it was still fun, but not IC.

Edited by Rover
expanding

7 minutes ago, BreadERP said:

haha good game

Honestly super annoying. Zombies are broke AF. Them having more health is fine but they can neo you around corners and constantly move at a full sprint is incredibly annoying. 

I don't know if you've noticed but they got a damage buff also. 

Love this game.

Best way to deal with the infected with the recent and major change is:

- If you have an automatic rifle or pistol try to head shot them. Torso shots take 3 to 5 bullets to take down one infected.

- Shotguns, SVD’s and Mosins are a body shot. One hit one kill ordeal.

The zombie buff is fine to me, but I think they should be slower. 

I personally think zombies are perfect right now. Gives players another reason to be wary of their surrounding, and plan things out before simply sprinting through a town full on, with dozens of zeds infested in the area. 

FYI -  any caliber bullet to the brain kills them in one shot. It's been like this since the beginning of time.

I wanted to add; They need to be fast so they can catch up with you and attack.

I would recommend try evading them by running through and over obstacles to throw them off.  As for walking in town, try crouch-walking and slowly walking by them, like people did back in Arma 2 DayZ mod. This trick keeps them from becoming aware of you. It's worked well since 0.63.

As for the endurance of the zeds... I always found it annoying they died in one shot at center-mass by handguns. They need to be 2-3 shots, and 1 shot to the head, 5 shots to the limbs.

For any caliber... Maybe 7.62x54 or .308 would be okay for 1 shot to center of mass.

ive always fucking hated zombies

remove them entirely

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

ive always fucking hated zombies

remove them entirely

Finally, someone who has any idea what they're talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Law said:

Finally, someone who has any idea what they're talking about. 

Let's just toss the basis of an apocalyptic roleplay server and do a life one.

4 minutes ago, Major said:

Implying zombies are necessary in any way for an apocalypse???????

13 minutes ago, Major said:

Slavaboo military semantics aren't necessary either and yet here we are ?

I don't agree with removing zombies but im not opposed either. They're incredibly annoying right now and need tweaking. Dispelling the criticism of zombies by saying "lol life server" is a hollow argument. 

Just now, Jasper said:

Slavaboo military semantics aren't necessary either and yet here we are ?

I don't agree with removing zombies but im not opposed either. They're incredibly annoying right now and need tweaking. Dispelling the criticism of zombies by saying "lol life server" is a hollow argument. 

I not making an argument, I'm just torking you up to see you squirm. 

I like that zombies are dangerous now and require multiple body shots or a single head shot. It rewards careful behavior and not just zerging through an area. You can either sneak past, kill one at a time or if you have the ammo, shoot everything. Gives you something to burn through all the ammo most people collect without even meaning to as well. Now you wont have 500+ rounds of 5.56 or 7.62 burning a hole in your pocket while you already have 5 full mags and a drum. 

You see I wouldn’t mind the changes if 1 the melee combat wasn’t the shittiest clunky mess I have ever seen programmed in a game . And 2 the zombies had better AI , I love the wolf AI but the zombie AI is just a roll at the dice at some point . 

I like the fact that they made Zombies slightly harder to kill, I like the challenge and I also like to roleplay out how they might have evolved or something like that but seriously, it took me about 2-3 headshots to kill most of them, they literally turned them into fucking Resident Evil Zombies. It gets quite annoying after a while of wasting your ammo.

All I'm hearing is "I can't PvP anymore as when I fire shots zombies actually are a threat now| ?

But in all seriousness I agree the y are a wee strong :S