Server time: 2019-03-22, 02:58 WE ARE RECRUITING

So how 'bout them zombies huh? One of the kind-of-immediate changes with the last update to DayZ was the zombie buff. Once I was able to kill 13 zombies with a 12 round makarov mag, yea I'm that good, but now it takes upwards of 4-5 shots with that to kill them. M4's also take 2 shots now.

At first I was kinda upset about this, because, you know, zombies pretty much seem like an after-thought in this game, even in public servers. In some ways I like that the zombies are tougher. They are now more of a threat, teaches ammo conservation, risk vs reward, teaches you to better prepare yourself when going into a town, etc. My only gripe though is that yes the zombies are tougher, but they are still the same speed and can see you from a kilometer away it seems. Slower zombies, even a tad bit slower like enough to outrun at least, would be a nice element to help balance this out. Or maybe even different speeds of zombies with different health pools each.

I'm also a fan of a zombie boss at Kamensk, but we can all dream right?

I think it should be better balanced. The Macarov is fine as the rounds are weak as they are on players . But rifles like the M4 or Ak should be 1 shot to the brain and maybe like 2-3 shots the the body. The damage that is done to the infected should be corresponding to the damage that is inflicted upon players that don’t wear armour or clothing. I think the damages it self need not a massive tweak like last patch , but somewhere in the middle between last patch and now .

Please for the love of god make them slower. I should be much faster than bloodied, beaten near corpses trying to catch me. It’s been 2 years, their bodies would be quite damaged.

4 minutes ago, Saints said:

-

I think all/most bullets are 1 to the head, but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

-

+1, I like the different levels of speed option for the 'different levels of decay' you know? Like the 'newer' infected are faster and the 'older' ones are slower.

I think the new zombie damage could also be used in another way. Currency. Like if it takes 4 Makarov bullets to kill a zombie, and only 2 M4 bullets, then that could be an exchange rate. Maybe add a bullet or 2 depending on demand, quantity, etc. Idk just a thought

???

"Zombies are boring please remove them..."

*small patch later*

"Zombies are too tough, can we please nerf them..."

Im sorry but this feels like a bad joke but... I just do not get what the issue is all the time...

I read comments like "they can spot you far away and so on..."

Yet I have proven with a video that zombies have mechanics and you can avoid them. Just adjust your PvE playstile and you will be good.

1 minute ago, Shanoby said:

-

I think that the issue here is a lack of balance. Theres one extreme to the left and then a patch makes it one extreme to the right. I like that the Zombies are an actual threat, but right now, I think that it could be balanced. Mix some slow zombies with the fast ones.

4 minutes ago, shipwreck117 said:

I think that the issue here is a lack of balance. Theres one extreme to the left and then a patch makes it one extreme to the right. I like that the Zombies are an actual threat, but right now, I think that it could be balanced. Mix some slow zombies with the fast ones.

But I mean if you make them tough... but slow... then you can just outrun and still get easy kills on them... which makes them not a threat.

What you have to consider is the amount of infected you have around in one place... it is way too few of them.

So if they are strong but slow then = not a threat

If they are fast but weak = not a threat

Edited by Shanoby

I'm all for more variety with zombies. Personally I'd love some mutant zombies, big ass brawler guys that take a full drum mag to go down if you piss them off, but their visual range is shit and they're slower than your average zombie. Region specific zombies with unique abilities would be cool too, so you know what you're gonna go up against in each area so it doesn't feel like the same rehashed location with some infected sprinkled over it to call it a zombie game.

Actual hordes would also be cool but I don't know if the server would shit itself having to load in so many hordes roaming around the place, which is why I think more individual, dangerous infected are the way to go.

Current zombies will always be weak until they're tanky and numerous. An increased spawn rate and health pool for them would make me a happy boy.

Im liking the way zombies are going right now. Im glad they buffed them up a bit. 

It used to be that youd just have to pop them in the torso with a 9mm or anything stronger and theyd go down in one hit but the fact that it takes two 7.62x39mm to kill them is nice. Adds a little extra strain on whether you should conserve your ammo or just go ahead and make sure the area around you is clear. Headshots are still a 1-hit kill as long as you hit their brain and not their chin or something.

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I'm all for more variety with zombies. Personally I'd love some mutant zombies, big ass brawler guys that take a full drum mag to go down if you piss them off, but their visual range is shit and they're slower than your average zombie. Region specific zombies with unique abilities would be cool too, so you know what you're gonna go up against in each area so it doesn't feel like the same rehashed location with some infected sprinkled over it to call it a zombie game.

Actual hordes would also be cool but I don't know if the server would shit itself having to load in so many hordes roaming around the place, which is why I think more individual, dangerous infected are the way to go.

Current zombies will always be weak until they're tanky and numerous. An increased spawn rate and health pool for them would make me a happy boy.

You’re giving me flashbacks to when I played on miscreated. If you were to buff these zombies anymore I will find you and throw you into a crowd of them alone. I almost died multiple times yesterday because the silencer is bugged and mass aggrod two towns worth of zombies onto me.

Just now, Shanoby said:

-

I get what you're saying, and you are right.  But again the main issue is balance. The devs/DayZRP devs need to find a way to balance the zombies so that there is a right balance of threat, without going to the point of annoying. Remember when the zombies could teleport to you and would follow you for half the map? THAT was annoying. One shot kills? Not a threat. Right now? Hard to kill, fast, and can see you from a distance. I think It is a step in the right direction, but there still needs to be something done to balance them IMO. 

Who knows, maybe speed and health tweaks aren't the answer.

You’re giving me flashbacks to when I played on miscreated. If you were to buff these zombies anymore I will find you and throw you into a crowd of them alone. I almost died multiple times yesterday because the silencer is bugged and mass aggrod two towns worth of zombies onto me.

Your boy is happy that the zombies are becoming a threat in this zombie game

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Your boy is happy that the zombies are becoming a threat in this zombie game

Zombies should not be a threat to a man with a silenced assault rifle and a bag of 6 coupled mags

although I get what you mean

Edited by N-ToxRP

Just now, N-ToxRP said:

Zombies should not be a threat to a man with a silenced assault rifle and a bag of 6 coupled mags

2 towns worth defo should be fam, sorry. Sucks that your suppressor didn't work but what can you do

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

2 towns worth defo should be fam, sorry. Sucks that your suppressor didn't work but what can you do

Fair point, kind of. I say keep them as they are right now. Anymore of a threat and the focus will be grind to kill zombies and get gear, not roleplay

Just now, N-ToxRP said:

Fair point, kind of. I say keep them as they are right now. Anymore of a threat and the focus will be grind to kill zombies and get gear, not roleplay

Nah they're still not that much of an issue tbh. When one of them rips me in half and starts sucking on my insides like a frube, then maybe I'll ask for a nerf ?

I'm sorry but i got bodied by 3 zombies when i didn't have a gun, i'd prefer my asshole to be intact when playing DayZ and even that's questionable.

Hahaha. I'd say make them more dangerous.

I play without a gun, and I rarely have issues avoiding them or dealing with them when I can't.

As I say ICly when asked how I defend myself: 'Cardio!'

its fucking trash and mad annoying and I disagree with anyone who says its fun or interesting or a fun PVE element. That's stupid and makes the already annoying zombies infinitely more annoying. Please for the love of all that is holy either implement the slow zombies mod or make them weaker. 

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Nah they're still not that much of an issue tbh. When one of them rips me in half and starts sucking on my insides like a frube, then maybe I'll ask for a nerf ?

Dunno about that one. DayZ is not supposed to be State of Decay

Just now, Para said:

I'm sorry but i got bodied by 3 zombies when i didn't have a gun, i'd prefer my asshole to be intact when playing DayZ and even that's questionable.

Kinda to be expected that you'll die to zombies if you can't defend yourself from them. Not really a valid argument.

Dunno about that one. DayZ is not supposed to be State of Decay

That was a great game

14 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

PvE should be part of RP.

Game should be designed/balanced in a way that it makes you feel you cannot achieve everything alone, creating RP in process.

For example: If I lack food and ammo and I cannot blast entire town full of zombies ALONE, then that is good balance. Why?

- Well lack of food makes me go around towns to find food. Gives me more chance for RP on the way.

- If I lack ammo, that makes me go and rob/trade or recruit more people to go along with me to deal with threats and to make my life easier.

- If zombies are tough enough, then I cannot ALONE kill all the infected without being in danger, which in return makes me more careful and sneak past infected rather than shoot all of them. Takes me longer to loot a town and there will be bigger chance to pump into another survivor for RP.

Edited by Shanoby

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

Kinda to be expected that you'll die to zombies if you can't defend yourself from them. Not really a valid argument.

I'm saying i'd like to stand a chance at surviving if i don';t have a gun so the emphasis isn't solely on having a firearm. If you buff zombies it's going to be even harder to survive than what I described above, still think it's fairly relevant

1 minute ago, Para said:

I'm saying i'd like to stand a chance at surviving if i don';t have a gun so the emphasis isn't solely on having a firearm. If you buff zombies it's going to be even harder to survive than what I described above, still think it's fairly relevant

Nah not really, if you aggro them and you can't hide/kill them, its your fault and if you die you can't be mad. That and it should be hard to survive if defenceless, it is, after all, a survival game.

About the only times I've seen people struggle with zombies is because they shot a shitload, and attracted zombies.

Sounds like people should stay IC more, and remember that zombies are around and not passive. They are a threat and should be thought of that way, even by the 'military' folks that run around double carrying with ammo for days.

Just now, Para said:

I've solo managed to take on more then that many zombies with a melee weapon, it just takes some practice and getting used to how they attack/run. Also praying to the DayZ gods you don't get bugged/lagged to death. 

I agree zombies are a challenge to fight without a gun when they group up, but I also think that is the point. I've yet to die to them without making the conscious choice to engage in a risky fight... Usually you can just outrun them. Hop one fence, close one door, etc, and you can easily elude zombies.