Server time: 2019-03-22, 21:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Mace

Unable to see my own text

So after coming back from a little mental health break I ran into someone while trying to get some things that were lost to a crash and run into someone. I type at them but realize that whatever I had typed out hadn't actually come up on the chat screen, but he still responded and knew what I was saying. I am...Not sure how that happened, but I haven't changed anything as far as settings go since I last played and this was not an issue. I'm not sure if this is some kind of "no echo" thing like some text games have where you don't see your own typing or if it's an actual bug, and if there is a fix for it. I've not been able to find anything else going on with it either, but it certainly sort of kills your flow if you're doing more than one post and you want to be sure that if you get cut off mid-sentence that what you're typing makes sense. I know this is a "text RP problem" and not exactly high on the list but it's just...Baffling and I can't see any immediate cause for it. Any help?

It's a new bug thanks to the new update. You know, "fix 1 break 1"
It's been happening to a lot of people if not every person who tries to text rp or emote in chat.
It's invisible for you after you press enter but the other person can see it. Strange happenings.

Hopefully this can be fixed somehow soon. I couldn't imagine being a text rp'er right now and not being able to see your own chat.

Encountered this yesterday, its a bug with the new update most likely. Only fix I've come across is to relog. Others can see your messages, and you can see other peoples, but you can't see your own. 

Well I guess that's just how it is until they fix it then. I appreciate the quick response. You can close this now. Definitely does put a damper on coming back, I'll have to be really careful with how I type so I don't end up making gibberish sentences.

Yeah, it’s another broken thing in 1.01

Seems like 1.01 has more bugs and glitches than it should because the devs for dayz want to rush and release things that break the game more. ? 

As horrible as it is, the onlt advantage is if you’re in an area full of text RP, at least you don’t have a clustered text area. ? 

99 bits of Bug in the code, 99 bits of bugs. Take one down debug it out, 245 bits of bug in the code...