Server time: 2019-04-22, 01:14
FireDude

The NLR and RP over Rule Play

Recently In NWAF me and @Mademoiselle  were with the boys who play District, such as @OxeN, @Ryan Shepherd and @Biiddy. We were Rping a hostile situation, we were taken hostage and tortured in the ATC. Near the end of the event a dope as escape which was planned within the captors accord. We ‘Escaped’ and were running down the ATC and away from our captors, we were being shot at (Being purposely missed to add to the RP). I fired back and it only added to the situation as we were escaping our deaths. Everything was staged and the gunfire was meant to add to the drama of a epic escape. However during the planned escape one of the gunman accidentally hit both members of the escaping party. @Mademoiselle died instantly, dropped on the run, I was knocked Uncon and was left to run, due to the pretend that I escaped and they did not hit me. I later died from blood loss at the Airfield.

I jumped into the Districts Discord and before I could even speak they all apologies stating it was not meant to happen and the plan was to ‘let’ us escape to add to the RP, like a mock prison break. The gunman who hit us was unintentionally hit us stated he wanted us to take the Rp as if we ran and escaped without getting hit. I asked every member within the attacking party and every single one agreed that ‘we were never shot when escaping and we got away’. No other members of the community was able to see us being killed and the members who were involved all agree that we got away. I have always valued Role Play over Rule Play and due to @Mademoiselle being a Mod she must upkeep the rule of NLR, this is why I am making this post, Both parties agree in the death of our characters being mute and that we got away and no one else saw the events.

To restate, we are not arguing over going back to the area or removing scars, we are stating that 'I was not shot when running' and we got away, Im not Permaing over this, just how we are gonna Rp in the future

Simply put it, are we good to RP this out that we escaped instead of our characters forgetting the events as dictated in the NLR, I believe that surviving would bring better RP to both groups. I would love to hear the ideas and opinions of the staff team. (If Videos are required I am more than happy to provide) 

Edited by FireDude

As long as both parties agree I don't mind the whole 'You can remember the situation'.

But I don't agree with returning to the area.

If it's for a purpose to RP like I mentioned to you I think its absolutely fine to remember this kind of death, I have previously agreed with @Grimnir I think it was when the Kozlovs executed me that IC I would survive due to the RP being great and it would be cool for me to remember what happened IC to progress future RP.

If all parties are okay with allowing a rulebreak that furthers RP is there really an issue?

Rules state ‘with roleplay as the primary focus’ and if it gives the parties involved roleplay, and all are okay.. then sure, why not.

Returning to the area, no. 

Really though if both parties fully agree with carrying it out, who is actually going to report you for it? 

Yeah if both agreed it's fine.

What is with the colure mate? hurt my eyes just reading this.

Edited by Eagle

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Yeah if both agreed it's fine.

What is with the colure mate? hurt my eyes just reading this.

Made it much softer for your special eyes. 

pCsEyvQ.gif

8 minutes ago, FireDude said:

-snio

Fuck colurs fam. ?

Edited by Eagle

I don't see a problem in remembering those events. It is for the rp story and important for character development. Should be fine in my eyes. 

If both parties agree to it then who really cares what staff thinks? Reports are really only meant for when people can't resolve things between themselves.

If everyone agrees, sure. But why are you hopping on to do staged RP? 

Wasnt truly staged on our end, the plan was to have a dope RP moment on both ends, we were not aware of what was going on till after we spoke

Staged RP ?

the only thing that was staged was one of our guys acted as a hostage and took me hostage and demanded that the two hostages were let go. They never knew what was going on and we were all playing alt characters needless to say there is a vod of it if you wish to watch the situation.

As long as youre acting with furthering Roleplay in mind you're alright, dude. Just make sure you have mutual consent between all parties.

Returning to the same area is a bit of a no-go, of course.