Server time: 2019-03-24, 03:43 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 16 minutes
GMAK

More gender neutral options when making a character page

More Gender Neutral Options ?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s a no from me, you could always specify in your backstory if you recognise as another gender

-1 for me. Due to personnel Belief. I won't add more then that to prevent this thread from getting heated.

Look, I'm gonna be that guy. Give people to put "other" is they so wish... If people begin to troll. Take away the right... And if people troll and abusive it ig... Ban them like any other twat that did it before them. It's a common practice these days. I would say custom but I know for a fact people would abuse and troll it, no offense.

I don't know if this was a serious suggestion, but -1.

There's no difference in seeing a gender in one part of the character info vs seeing it in the backstory. It's not necessary.

Not needed, not correct, not worth the time.

It's already been said countless times in this thread but: Females are girls, Males are boys. We don't need it forced into everyone even if it is just this slight drop bar.

'Other' yea okay. With the requirement to connect it to backstory to prevent trolling.

More than that? No.

But.. there are literally 2 genders.

I believe that if you were born a boy you will always be a boy and if you were born a girl you will always be a girl.

Ofcours you can do surgery's and pretend to be the other gender which is fine but you will never become the other sex.

Keep 2 genders, there are only 2.

This isn’t a thread to discuss whether there are 2 genders or not, it’s a suggestion thread. For me, it’s -1. If people want to expand on their gender, then add it in the backstory. 

I won't comment on the irl discussion but either way it says sex not gender. As far as I am aware there are 2 sexes, I thought it was only gender with the infinite options. 

Give yourself a pat on the back community, when I opened this thread I was expecting to see enough warning points to ban half the server. 

Also, phat -1 from me

Not that it really matters but -1 from me. I guess if we REALLY need to add an other option? But why RP a transgender? If you're trans irl why not just RP the gender you wanna be? If you still wanna RP as trans that's completely fine just write it in your backstory.

No thanks, -1. 

3 hours ago, Roland said:

There are only two biological genders, fact. That's what you choose when creating a character, not what gender the character identifies as - you can add that in background section if you feel it is relevant.

Thank you for this. I was really debating whether I wanted to comment this and decide against it until I saw your comment ? 
-1 from me. This community shouldn't turn into tumblr with all the gender stuff, please and thank you!

-User has been warned for this post-

1 hour ago, kani said:

- user was warned for this post -

Yikes. Keep it civil. No reason to make this into a flame war. It's been civil thus far no need to derail. 

I consider myself a fairly open-minded person, and I used to be 'left of center', but I recently had a conversation with an old friend that went to a... lets shall we say heavily slanted education facility... and I learned some interesting new terms that didn't make a lick of sense to me. 

If needed, add in a simple 'other' or 'undisclosed' as a third and let it be defined in your background.

This is a no need for me

This just seems like forum bait to me. ?

What response where you hoping for? A resounding "Yes that is an amazing idea, nothing wrong at all!"

Look at the response holy shit ?

Edited by JamieBoy

Never. 

6 minutes ago, JamieBoy said:

This just seems like forum bait to me. ?

What response where you hoping for? A resounding "Yes that is an amazing idea, nothing wrong at all!"

Look at the response holy shit ?

Most responses were actually fairly civil and polite. It seems to be an overwhelming 'no' though, I'll agree with that.

Reminder to keep all the responses on this thread civil and constructive please. Much thanks.

5 hours ago, Elmo said:

I don’t see the harm in having an “other” option after male/female but beyond that, nah. 

Other seems fitting like my homeboy @Elmo says,

you start to go into that and I swear somebody's going to be asking for every of the 70 genders or however many there are, and that's gonna do Rolands head in, and just be unnecessary. 

Nothing more than other in my opinion.

I'm not down for this. Theres no real point imo, if needed just write it down in the character bio.

Man and woman at start, Transition in the story. Easy really. -1 from me