Server time: 2019-03-23, 07:21 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 38 minutes
GMAK

More gender neutral options when making a character page

More Gender Neutral Options ?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently while making a new character I noticed the option for only two genders, Male and Female.

In recent times their has been a lot of debate about whether there are more than two genders.

Facebook in 2014 listed 58 gender options on their website. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

While I think this might be too many to add, would you like to see some more gender options be added ? Maybe just 5 more to give people who identify as or wish to roleplay as these genders.

Lets keep this discussion respectful please.

Edited by GMAK

I don't see the harm in maybe adding; Trans-Woman & Trans-Man, although you could also just pick either male or female depending on what you identify as.

I mean, you can rp whatever you want regardless of the character model though? For example people use the female models for male characters and there isn't a problem. 

I'm going say no to spending time modeling something along these lines for that reason. Resources and time could probably be spent better elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Nightngale said:

- snip -

I think what he means is on the character page, where you select your gender.

2 minutes ago, Nightngale said:

I mean, you can rp whatever you want regardless of the character model though? For example people use the female models for male characters and there isn't a problem. 

I'm going say no to spending time modeling something along these lines for that reason. Resources and time could probably be spent better elsewhere. 

I'm taking about making a character page. Won't need to model anything just change some text.

1 minute ago, GMAK said:

I'm taking about making a character page. Won't need to model anything just change some text.

Holy fuck, I'm retarded. 

Then sure, +1

As far as I'm concerned, we're talking about your genitals when saying your male or female. 

I mean, if you're playing either of the trans stuff as mentioned just pick the opposite sex as that's what you're changing to.

Not sure why we would need to list the endless 'genders' that are being brought up. 

Maybe an 'Other' option would be best, just how Gov. sites do.

Edited by Mexi

Ooooh I should stay away from this... I really should. This subject and myself have a very bad past. However, I'm a reformed person and this is all I'll add

Me personally? No. I wouldn't like to see more gender options. I won't go into it but that's my answer, no.... However if something like this were to happen:

You wouldn't be able to add all the " genders " on the character options list (like you said). However, adding the " other " option could work... Then you could put whatever you are in the features part of the character page... Or just change the gender to a text box instead of a drop down box maybe? 

Edited by Beni

There's female physiology and male physiology in the game. If you want to roleplay a certain gender, then do so. I don't understand why the gender spectrum wheels needs to be added. Sorry if offend.

-1. Not for it, and same with what @Beni said. I don't want to get too in depth in it due to my bad past and I'm reformed and all, but no.

Something so miniscule on the forums of an RP community shouldn't affect you. If it does, then you might need therapy or professional help. It isn't something that should bring to you any harm, sure it can be annoying to some people but unless it is an easy thing to integrate... Just no.

As the local gay man I say no. It seems unnecessary to add. Why add trans man or trans woman when we can just have them make their character what they identify as or whatever or just RP it out? Also just seems incredibly niche thing to add. So no, whoever will inevitably make the argument that @Beni and @Hollows are filthy bigots for not wanting it, that's a dumb argument to make as I am right here also saying that shits dumb and not needed. It's not necessary at all. There are plenty of things i'd like to see added or fixed on the site sooner than that.

Not to mention you don't think there'd be troll character pages identifying as a wide range of things for a meme? And then that will lead to more and more drama and blah blah blah. Just no.  

I'm not gonna say any of the less PC things I could regarding this subject, I'm not even being edgy this subject is just gonna probably be 100% polarizing along a 80/20 line. And I don't typically self-censor unless I'm on a Stream.

I don't find it necessary at all. I also agree with my homeslice @Jasper, I have no problem with people playing their character how they want. But I don't believe in making up categories for things like this. It's just pandering honestly.

Keep it the way it is.

Everyone's responses speak enough. No point in making things that are inherently political. Political discourse only ends in points and angst here. So everything else aside, i'd say no for that reason alone. 

Naw fat no from me. Just complicates things even more and will probs end up with some people butthurt at the end of it.

No. Lets not turn DayZRP into an SJW server ty.

Not necessary. On your character page, just choose the gender they were born as & then write in the backstory if they transitioned or whatever.

I highly doubt this post was made to be taken serious.

-1 from me, not because I'm trying to refuse someone's right to gender identity, but just because it's such a minor detail of a character page to focus so much on.

If you're playing a trans character, just note their gender as what they've transitioned to.  If otherwise, I think the option to select "Other" would be more than sufficient.  Hell, an "Other" option might end up being more inclusive than trying to list every single gender someone might want to have available to them, just because Other casts such a wide net.

I voted yes, because i can.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Naahh man, that really is not needed

I don’t see the harm in having an “other” option after male/female but beyond that, nah.