Server time: 2019-02-24, 02:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
Blake

Dayz randomly freezes

I ran into this problem when i started playing again a couple of days ago. While running around or doing whatever my game will sometimes freeze. The game itself doesn't crash, but the only way to fix it and make it un-freeze is ctrl+alt+delete. my game will then tab out and when I tap back in the game is good again. It happens approximately every 10-15 minute. 

I do play on a new pc but it only happens in dayz. 

Have anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you fix it? 
Thx guys. 

Edited by Blake

Sometimes my game freezes for a few seconds when there is a sudden change in weather. (e.g: clouds suddenly appear or the winds picks up.) It does fix itself however after a few seconds, this is the only similar issue that comes to my mind at the moment.

Maybe other community members will have experiences the same issue !

Edited by Pontiff

I had that happen to me some months ago. i fixed it by moving the game from the HDD it was in to an SSD.

I'm playing on a brand new Alienware laptop and my game crashes a few times per play session. It's on my SSD and I was thinking of moving it off. I've tried uninstalling and all that but I still have to hard restart all the time. Also every single time I exit the game, it freezes and I have to wait 5 minutes before it resolves itself. And I get lag too sometimes that can only be fixed by restarting, which involves the annoying exit crash. My internet is super fast. I've plugged in a LAN cable and that didn't fix it. It's soooo frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas to solve this, I'd massively appreciate it.

23 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

I'm playing on a brand new Alienware laptop and my game crashes a few times per play session. It's on my SSD and I was thinking of moving it off. I've tried uninstalling and all that but I still have to hard restart all the time. Also every single time I exit the game, it freezes and I have to wait 5 minutes before it resolves itself. And I get lag too sometimes that can only be fixed by restarting, which involves the annoying exit crash. My internet is super fast. I've plugged in a LAN cable and that didn't fix it. It's soooo frustrating.

If anyone has any ideas to solve this, I'd massively appreciate it.

I get the same problem as you. It won't even let me open task manager and exit the game like that, I have to push my power button down until my laptop shuts off. It's super annoying.

Hmmm, I have Dayz on my SSD right now, perhaps I should try moving it to the HDD, maybe that would fix it. 

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I get the same problem as you. It won't even let me open task manager and exit the game like that, I have to push my power button down until my laptop shuts off. It's super annoying.

Same!! Well I feel better that I'm not the only one. I guess it's just DayZ being DayZ. I wonder if anyone has managed to fix the issue. 

Try lowering in game settings? eg from extreme to high or medium

2 minutes ago, Crim said:

Try lowering in game settings? eg from extreme to high or medium

They were on extreme and I took them to medium. I got a higher FPS but it did nothing to solve the lag and crashes.

By the sound of it seems like a memory leak issue, probably not anyone's fault but the game. Try and put it on the HDD and see if anything changes.

Check for any GFX driver updates?

On a laptop it could be heat issues.

Some people said It could also be due to clouds updating so try turning them off.

It 's really is strange. I also noticed that while my game freezes it seems like my cooler turns off (Or makes less noice) and when the game un-freezes the cooler makes the regular noise again. I doubt it has anything to do with any of my specs since it only happens in Dayz, it really pisses me off tbh :,( 

12 minutes ago, Kai said:

On a laptop it could be heat issues.

I have a cooling pad, so I doubt it's to do with any heat issues but thanks for trying to help!