Server time: 2019-02-24, 02:19 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sheriff

Someone broke into my barn

I have a little barn in Zelenogorsk that had the doorways covered with fences and gates. Woke up this morning to the bottom section of the walls destroyed. I know that it wasn't a Dayz problem because the containers I had inside the barn had some items taken out but not all of it, and the destroyed section was the only wall affected. It wasn't alot of items taken but should I report this nonetheless?

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why someone would break in, I haven't made any enemies IC so I think this might have been some local banditry.

Edited by Sheriff
Left a part out

Hello @Sheriff, you could open up a report for griefing but I would like to check on a few things with you. First here is a reminder of the rule regarding griefing.

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done.

What most likely happened is that someone indeed broke into your base and helped themselves to some of your supplies. However, it does not appear from what you say that they have stolen any of your containers nor despawned any of your supplies and just took what they needed. Unless they have indeed done more damage than what would make IC sense, I don't believe what happened would be classified as griefing.

Edited by Pontiff

If I would find a barn, which is unguared, I would break in too. No matter if I met you before.

As long as people do not destroy everything on purpose, there is no problem breaking into a compoud or anything else. 

Stealing is not griefing!

Edited by Terra

Yep! Remember it's the end of the world. Everyone is trying to survive. Also, Zeleno is a high traffic area and probably not the best place to set up camp.

47 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

I have a little barn in Zelenogorsk that had the doorways covered with fences and gates. Woke up this morning to the bottom section of the walls destroyed. I know that it wasn't a Dayz problem because the containers I had inside the barn had some items taken out but not all of it, and the destroyed section was the only wall affected. It wasn't alot of items taken but should I report this nonetheless?

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why someone would break in, I haven't made any enemies IC so I think this might have been some local banditry.

Hi, that was me o/

So i broke in because I had justy died and found a hammer, and you had some stuff i needed. I didn't raid the whole base, all your barrels are still there, your wall merely needing a quick repair so I didn't grief you, just stole from your base.