Server time: 2019-02-23, 22:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
DrMax

Interview With A Community Member: JimRP

ECLmGuNAUSIt_utcYGBagwTHfKpB6VBqZrgtEU6H

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @JimRP

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to JimRP for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Hide contents

Hello, my name is Jim / James and I am the co-owner of DayZRP. I am in my twenties, reside in Greece and currently study business management IRL. My passions/hobbies are 3D modeling, game development as well as playing FPS games competitively. My root passion however is roleplay and I've seeked for RP servers on any and every game I've played since I was 10-11. I've been lucky enough to make some money online due to ventures I was lucky enough to be involved in and ever since then, my life changed drastically and I was lucky enough to help my family out, be able to afford my own apartment and focus on the things I love.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Hide contents

I found out about it way back in the mod days when a certain YTer made a video about the raven's nest. I joined, got whitelisted and RP'd for a bit, joined the free medics and played for a bit with them but due to IRL circumstances I had to leave. 

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Hide contents

That'd probably have to be @Jabba and @Plank (they count as one), if it wasn't for him I probably would not be around anymore - they really showed me the positive side of DayZRP and I have to admit that Coldwater has always been my favorite group, drama free, tons of fun and it gave me a reason to hop on every day. After that one of the people that made me stick around was @Brayces. However I have to thank a couple of other people like @LukeRP & @G19RP for making me stick around the past year and be active, as well as showing me the other side of DayZRP, the people who lean more towards PVP, showing me how the people really felt about anything. Running with them gave me a full perspective about how both sides feel about everything but they also gave me tons of fun experiences.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Hide contents

I think the staff team needs to be a little more united, spend time with each other and stop taking things as seriously as we are right now. I don't agree with the 30 points system and never have ever since I joined but it's something we're all used to now unfortunately. I also believe we don't need 2-3 GMs for each report. When you join the staff team you're trusted to know the rules and even more when you are promoted to GM. Each GM should be able to handle the report alone as long as he/she is not involved with the person and is not biased. Furthermore I do not think we need Amnesty and we probably need some sort of probation system where the person is basically kind of like a Support and helps out on the forums for a few months until he/she is let back to the community and even when IG access would be granted the person would still have to be under probation until they'd be released from said probation. Also I think we don't need a moderator role, just supports for whitelist apps & forum questions and reported posts and then admins for reports / appeals. That's all we need. 

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Hide contents

My most memorable experience IC would have to be when Anarchy had the gun embargo and legit had full control over the server. It's amazing how we legitimately could get people to apply for a fucking gun license in the apocalypse. That is right next to when we kidnapped @Brayces's character Lo and were able to force like a dozen people to move over to Lopatino at the time and put that as the stepping stone of making Lop the hotspot of that month/two months.

My most memorable experience OOC is definitely the tendie wave that happened because I saw a lot of people's real faces and realized that a lot of people take this community way too seriously. We should be here to have fun and not do this bullshit that people do constantly. People think I hated them, was out to get them and a lot of other bullshit like that even though I legit never spoke to them. People made up bullshit, doxed me, tried to attack me and my ex personally and generally did not act according to their age. It just goes to show how much people took things seriously as well as in my opinion, loved the community but turned their relationship with it into a toxic relationship.

That experience is right next to losing all of my RP boys. 

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Hide contents

Regret is a pretty strong word, after-all this is an online RP community. I've always acted in the best interest of the community and people that really know me, know that. I love this community and I will defend this community until the day it dies, if it does.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Hide contents

@Brayces - She's probably the only person who could keep the whole cell sane and make sure none of us die.

@Jabba - This man would probably plan a whole escape plan and get us the fuck out of there within 24 hours.

@Phoenix - The mood lifter.

@G19RP - The only person I can talk to forever and laugh with as well as want to kill at the same time.

What's your current favorite song/artist?

Hide contents

It's a few, first being Envy Caine, Shoreline Mafia, Jayfifteen, Lil Baby and Lil Toenail (comedy rapper).

My favorite song at the moment though would have to be this one:

Thank you @G19RP ❤️.

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Hide contents

It'd prolly have to be Dimitri Tarasov, I RP'd the character for a couple of years and developed him all the way from a field medic to a mercenary, to a doctor, to a commie, to a commie-anarchist and then a guerrilla fighter. 

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Hide contents

Bonding, that's what's missing from the community. Also relaxing, that's another thing missing from the community. Accepting a death and losing your gear, that's also missing from the community. I've heard of completely fucking disgusting things that people have done in this place, a couple of stuff that should honestly land people in prison in real life as well as good things. I stand by people wishing to do good things and people wanting to help one another. People becoming snakes, turning their backs to their friends over stuff that happens in-game is honestly sickening and just goes to show how much people value their game over their actual relationships with people.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Hide contents

I wouldn't really call them hidden talents, I can 3D model, whistle pretty loudly and I also used to be an avid freerunner IRL back in the day when I was in better shape. However one hidden talent I have not revealed to anyone else is that I like writing songs and there's a few of them on YouTube, sang from a really close friend of mine.

What was the origin of your username?  

Hide contents

Well only a few people know that, most people think RP stands for roleplay but that's a common misconception. RP stands for rob people. However Jim is just my name, that's about it.

Now that's a very good choice of song

Edited by Mak

No @Zero from Coldwater mentions. Feels bad man. ?

ABOUT DAMN TIME!

@JimRP is human? ? 

Jk I actually enjoyed the read, was nice to find out a little more about the co-owner of DayZRP even if we do disagree on a lot. Thanks for sharing more ? 

As someone who was "forced" to live in Lopatino as a result of @Brayces being a hostage I can confirm that this time was one of the most interesting and nervwrecking times I had in this community. I still kinda miss the house we had there. ?

Interesting interview for sure and about damn time ? 

2 hours ago, DrMax said:

RP stands for rob people

It's been a lie all this time that we believed it stood for roleplay.

Interesting read Jim and thanks for everything you've done for the community!

Just now, firelordjared said:

Good old Cold Water days, miss em...

I thought you died. 

I'm glad you took part in this, I enjoyed reading through it. I always assumed RP stood for role play as well. 

Interesting read..

Really interesting 

2 hours ago, Stagsview said:

Interesting read..

I concur. Quite the read. Good job Maximilian.

Aw. ❤️ Getting to know you has been one of the best things to come from this community for myself. A lot of people judge/judged you at face value or take the words of others as fact rather than formulating their own opinions. The amount of BS I heard but never was founded when it came to you showed me people just like to spread rumors and talk without thinking for themselves. The community owes a lot to you, there have been more times than I can count where you had to step up to the plate and help out and no one ever even knows about it. 

As much as people don’t get it, you are important to this community and to many people involved in it. ?

Awesome interview, JimJam! 

Nice one JimRobPeople

Great read Jim! I’m glad I got to know you from my time in this community! Thanks for everything!

Good read lol, thanks Jim. Now I know you aint as good as you seem "Rob people" :trolle:

Damn the more forum I read. How closer it feels for me to know this community. It was a nice read!