Server time: 2019-03-22, 21:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
Mak

Bullet damage

Should bullet damage be improved?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that the damage some bullets do is ridiculously low. I was wondering if it'd be possible for the mods to tweak it and make it a little bit more realistic and similar to the way it was. I'm specifically talking about 7.62x54R: they used to be 1, max 2 center mass shots to kill someone, now shooting someone (without a plate carrier) in the chest takes at least 2-3 shots to down the target. 

That's the type of bullet I've got the biggest problem with (since, realistically speaking, without a plated vest there's no way in hell you'd survive a 7.62x54r to the chest), but if it was up to me all bullet damage should be improved: not dying after you get shot in the chest 7 times with 9mm or 1-2 times in the head (same with all the other calibers, but in different proportions) is simply dumb. 

The problem is 

Already being looked at by Dayz Devs

The damage Is not truly based on the round. The death of players are based on vital organ hitboxes. If the lungs, spine, liver, heart, etc, are not hit then the player will not die. Same reason you can shoot yourself in the foot for almost forever and not die. Id say make the uncon state come due to a certain level of damage done in a certain of time. This way characters don't die, they are taken out of the fight. Also gives chances to take hostages or revive your fallen teammates. 

I agree with this, 0.62 was brilliant for bullet damage, one mess up and you're done. I was shot with an SVD to my chest a few weeks back and It still took another shot to put me down. I say increase the bullet damage for everything.

4 minutes ago, FireDude said:

The problem is 

Already being looked at by Dayz Devs

The damage Is not truly based on the round. The death of players are based on vital organ hitboxes. If the lungs, spine, liver, heart, etc, are not hit then the player will not die. Same reason you can shoot yourself in the foot for almost forever and not die. Id say make the uncon state come due to a certain level of damage done in a certain of time. This way characters don't die, they are taken out of the fight. Also gives chances to take hostages or revive your fallen teammates. 

Then maybe If it isn't possible to increase the damage done by rounds, the vital organs' HP could be lowered to get the same result. The devs maybe can clear up what's possible and what's not

Took a shot to the vest from an AKM and had 0hp left pretty much. Shot the same guy in the leg with an M4 and he told me it left him with a full hp bar. Seems indicative of some imbalance but tbh i see most fights as you're dead in a second anyway so, doesn't make a whole lot of difference. 

Dmg is there it's just server/game bugs that fucks with it no real need to change the base dmg.

I’m like 90% sure the hit reg is rng. Idk. Seems ok to me

The UMP is garbage, so is the SG5 K. Against zombies is fine but players its trash. Might just be me tho

Definetly an issue with the Mosin and SVD but I think the rest are ok. The submachine guns and pistols are useless when people have a vest on but when they have nothing protecting them, I have no problem taking a few people out with a pistol.

Ive had a few times where I feel someone definetly shoulda died but theres also storys of Navy Seals being shot 20 times with an AK and managing to survive and kill everyone left. I probably just spaghetti airmed and missed anything vital

What i noticed on this Pvp server I play is you gotta hit them straight in the chest or head, if you hit "center mass" but you just skim them, it doesent do much damage but thats reasonable. Just yesterday I accidently killed my friend with 3 M4 shots to his chest when he had a plate carrier on, I dont think the AR's need a damage increase.

Dayz devs need to fix the damn mosin and svd tho, mosin used to be my fav

I took a SVD shot without wearing a vest from 5m distance and was left with 1/3 health. Imo that's not too bad. I do have the feeling that dmg comes and goes with server performance.?‍♀️

Edited by Ron

It is possible to change bullet damage. Very easy thing to do.

I believe they have balanced some damage in the current experimental build and built most of it around the fact that you will go unconscious significantly easier then just outright dying. A good gameplay mechanic for sure.  

I'm not so sure on the current damage of buckshot/slugs for the shotguns though, as its currently my primary weapon does anyone have any insight into the damage for it?

I want the Mosin and SVD to blow a guy away with any shot except maybe one straight to a plate carrier or a limb. You really just don’t walk away from that irl.

1 minute ago, Squillium said:

I want the Mosin and SVD to blow a guy away with any shot except maybe one straight to a plate carrier or a limb. You really just don’t walk away from that irl.

^^This.

And if changing bullets damage is easy af as Aeryes says, then I think at least 7.62x54r should be tweaked. @Jeriko351 can/ you dev boys do it?

7.62x54 should at least knock you out. Thats also a Thing that I miss a lot in the game at the Moment. If someone falls to the ground you can be 99,9999% sure that he is dead. There is no unconciousnes in firefights unless you lose a big amount of blood. But I guess we would ask for too much to have such Health stats such as broken Body parts ect back in the game.

I would be ok with increasing Mosin/SVD Damage.

I always did found it odd SVD & Mosins, take more than 1 shot center of mass without protection. The 7.62x54mm could use improvement. Though I also think some other calibers could be tweaked slightly, more or less damage.

Wait until the new update because they overhauled the damage system significantly. 

After seeing this I agree that damage output does seem rather low, but if there's a fix coming with the new patch there's no real need for us to do something about it right now

Not much of the weapon damage fault, more of the changes in the player's health system.

I think it definetly needs balancing, 5.45 should not do same damage as 7.62

That said, I think it's good that overall damage has been reduced, increasing TTK. 

24 minutes ago, Roland said:

I think it definetly needs balancing, 5.45 should not do same damage as 7.62

That said, I think it's good that overall damage has been reduced, increasing TTK. 

TTK was already too high. If you get shot with an AK or SVD you’re gonna have a decent sized hole in you irl. This is supposed to be semi-realistic at least, idk why it’d be bad to have realistic TTK.

1 minute ago, Squillium said:

TTK was already too high. If you get shot with an AK or SVD you’re gonna have a decent sized hole in you irl. This is supposed to be semi-realistic at least, idk why it’d be bad to have realistic TTK.

Naw I love having to mag dump someone with an SVD to kill them. It's really fun and intuitive.

Yes please raise the damage to something not akin to Apex Legends TTK. 

Everything other than the SVD damage was fine.

I got shot in the head with an SVD and only bled a little. Everything's fine.

3 minutes ago, Lori said:

I got shot in the head with an SVD and only bled a little. Everything's fine.

He just took out your overshield, 3 more headshots and you might die.

Seriously though, it’s ridiculous, without protection an SVD shot to anywhere but limbs should kill you instantly. No one should ever have to magdump a guy to kill him with an M4/AK. It’s silly.

Edited by Squillium