S1 | KOS | NWAF | 2019-02-04 - 23:18

Server and location: DayZRP NWAF

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2019-02-04,23:18

Your in game name: Jake Andreevich

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A

Detailed description of the events: I was looting one of the barracks at the NW Airfield and out of nowhere I hear a crack of a shot go by me and as I'm about to enter an industrial building, I get shot and killed instantly with no initiation.

Hit Logs:

[2019/02/04 23:04:48]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to LeftArm with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:04:48]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Torso with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:04:48]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Heart with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:04:48]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Torso with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:04:50]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:05:30]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Torso with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:05:31]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Torso with Bullet_762x54
[2019/02/04 23:05:31]: (Jake Andreevich) hit by (Mike Wyatt) to Torso with Bullet_762x54

Kill Log:

[2019/02/04 23:04:48]: (Jake Andreevich) killed by (Mike Wyatt)

Connection Logs:

22:29:09 : Player #96 Mike Wyatt connected
Still IG.

Calling in @Apache to post his POV. 

We were in the middle of a firefight at the NWAF. We spotted the enemy coming down from the north tents wearing all black clothing. I positioned myself where I could spot them coming down. I was waiting and watching the north when I heard shots from below my building, and at that same moment one of my group members nearby who I was overwatching came over the comms and said that he was taking shots. I looked down into my blind spot from the roof and saw a man dressed in all black, and who perfectly fit the description, where I had just heard the shots from with his weapon raised, smoke from shooting still visible. He sprinted forward towards an industrial building and shot a zombie, which is when I shot him.

@Apache who were your allies in the situation?

7 hours ago, OskuRP said:

@Apache who were your allies in the situation?

@Wong, @Oiram, @Pebbles, @Hellish, @Nightngale

Edited by Apache
tags

Peter's POV: We were running from crossroad towards NWAF after District mercs initiated on us. @Hellish and @Nightngale were already killed by them at this point in the situation if I recall properly. I hunker down in ACT and taking pot shots at confirmed district members (aka the ones I recognized or that took shoots at me and my boys).  @Pebbles calls out that he's getting shot at and Apache spots the man shooting towards pebbles,  he runs at him and gasses him. From what I understand @Apache shot the guy towards the end of the firefight as shortly after that, whole situation is over.
I'd like to point out that the OP made NO EFFORT to push away from the gunshots that were raining down on the airfield.

Well @Oiram I tried my best to stay hidden. The guy had enough time to recognize and confirm if I was a threat or not I never tried shooting back. He missed more than 5 shots at me and I never made any hostile actions. I was thing at the time, maybe it was a misfire.

15 hours ago, JHontz1917 said:

Well @Oiram I tried my best to stay hidden. The guy had enough time to recognize and confirm if I was a threat or not I never tried shooting back. He missed more than 5 shots at me and I never made any hostile actions. I was thing at the time, maybe it was a misfire.

In the middle of a firefight you:

1. Match the exact description of the enemy

2. Had just fired an automatic weapon in the direction of my ally, who at the same time was calling out taking shots on the comms

3. Were sprinting toward a building that would give you cover, a tactical advantage, and an angle on my ally to shoot and kill him

In light of these facts I had to make a quick decision. One where if I chose wrong it could result in the death of my ally and possibly other allies down the line in the fight.

You said that I took 5 shots at you that missed which would have given me time to ID you as non hostile. This is false.

The first shot missed over the shoulder, followed by the second in quick succession (at 23:04:48) through torso and knocked you out. The following shots were to make sure that you wouldn't be getting back up.

So the question I have for you is what were you doing running around in the middle of a firefight, with your weapon out, firing that weapon? Is the first thing reasonable people do when shots are popping off around them not to run away and get out of the area? Or at least put away their weapon and DEFINITELY not fire it.

Edited by Apache

Calling in @Wong, @Pebbles, @Hellish , and @Nightngale for their full detailed POV and any video evidence that they may have.

@Apache and @Oiram do you guys have any video evidence of the situation? 

I don't have much to add to this. 

@Hellish, @Oiram, and I were running from VMC when we start randomly getting shot by District. We run to the airfield. @Oiram posts up in the ATC, so @Hellish and I start running across to join him and get killed in the middle of the airstrip.

I don't know anything about the kill on the OP other than what I heard in Discord. Which was, the fight was continuing for like 20 minutes with continuous shots and the OP was running around during a firefight firing his weapon and running to cover. So @Apache killed him. 

No video evidence

Edited by Nightngale

POV: District boys opened fire on 3 of my guys near Vybor Crossroads the fight followed to NWAF Myself,Apache and Pebbles came to reinforce the boys. By the time we got there 2 outta 3 of my guys had died (@Nightngale and @Hellish@Pebbles @Apache and I come in on the south barrack side and see some district around the dead bodies we all open fire. I run on the west side then over to back up @Oiram as he was alone in the ATC once there we continue to fire shots at the District boys. Not sure about the OPs death all I know is what I heard and him matching the description of one of the district guys along with firing a weapon as Pebbles came over discord saying he was getting shot at Apache took the shot on the suspected shooter.

One of us went on the megaphone a few minutes prior telling someone in a cowboy hat to get off the airfield as there was  firefight going on so I'm not sure how the OP never heard that or if he just decided to ignore it but the fact that shots was continuously being fired and the fact that he decided to stay on the airfield which ultimately ended in his death is really down to him for not valuing his life and sticking around during a firefight.  

PoV: Can't really add much either unfortunately. Was running to NWAF after an unusual talk with District and hear some indistiguishable scream as we pass crossroads. As i'm telling the boys we are being screamed at (to which they didn't hear at all when they were not even 5ft in front of me) I get shot in the legs. I continue running to nw where i get gunned down in the middle of the airfield.

I dont have much more i can really add onto this but here we go i guess, a couple of our boys had been initiated on and amidst making their way to the ATC they were shot. Upon our arrival we found the assailants looting one of the bodies and we proceeded to open fire and a fight ensues. After some gunfire had been exchanged one of our guys called out two people in the middle of the airfield to which i pull out my megaphone and say "this is still an active firefight go ahead and leave the area or you may be mistaken for an enemy" after this i make my way further east just below the ATC along the airfield. Just before i had gotten behind solid cover again bullet cracker very close around me moments after i tell that im being shot at over the radio right afterwards i hear that we have eyes on the suspected shooter and he is dealt with.

Recap:

The French Foreign Legion is having a firefight with The District at the NWAF and @JHontz1917 is caught in the middle of it. After hiding around the airfield for a while the OP gets spotted by @Apache who mistakes him for one of the enemies and shoots him.

Rulebreaks:

The OP claims that he was shot out of the blue with no warning but the accused side not only claims that they initiated on the airfield with a megaphone, but also that the OP shot at them with his rifle. Since there is no concrete evidence backing up any of these claims and we can't take one members word over another, neither of you will be punished. @Apache We would like to stress that in the future you should be absolutely certain that someone is an enemy before opening fire on them to avoid miss-id's. @JHontz1917, if you find yourself in the middle of a large firefight the best course of action is to put away your gun and slowly walk away with your hands up to avoid getting shot by accident. If you purposefully run around in an active firefight you can be found guilty of not valuing your characters life which is against the rules as seen here:

17f71ca3693d6721b18629ec6a927e9c.png

Verdict:

@Apache| Invalid Kill - firefight | inconclusive

@JHontz1917| No Value for Life | inconclusive

Signed by me with notes